Chp 5: Wiz Kingdom Declares War

Kingdoms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

** Enozi Kingdom**

“10,000 Wiz troops are heading this way.” Chowon finished while still panting.

Yena brushed past Chowon and ran out the door.

“Yena, wait!” Yuri chased after her.

Yena didn’t stop running, she ran into the palace and straight to her room.

Yuri followed closely behind. She went into the room to find Yena kneeled down on the floor.

Yena was sobbing, “Oh what have I done?”

Yuri rushed to Yena’s side.

“They’re coming after us, Yuri.”

“How is that possible? Don’t we have a peace treaty?”

“It already expired…” Yena replied quietly.

“Why didn’t you tell me this earlier? How could you not tell me?”

“I only realized after it had expired. We’re no match for them, 10,000 troops.” Yena began to ramble…

“We only have 3,059 registered soldiers, 107 self-proclaimed soldiers, 250 snipers only which 82 can actually shoot properly, 23……”

Yuri listened in awe. All this time she had been chasing after Yena to read her reports about the Kingdom, but in reality Yena had read every single one of them.

“and 1 Yujin. It’s the end of Enozi, my family is going to send me to hell and back.” Yena sobbed.

“Well, then I guess I’m going to hell with you.” Smiled Yuri.

“Yuri!” sobbed Yena and hugged her tightly.


Flashback

A young Yuri and Yena sneaked away from the palace and were playing by the lowlands next to the steady flowing river. Yena wanted to catch a frog but was getting angry for her endless failed attempts at catching one. Yuri seeing her frustration wanted to catch one so Yena can be happy again. After a few unsuccessful attempts, Yuri finally caught one close to the edge of the river.

“Yena, I got one, I got one.”

Yena smiled, “Yay, Yuri, you’re the best!”, but to Yena’s horror, Yuri took a step towards her but slipped on the wet surface and fell into the river. Without even thinking, Yena ran and jumped into the river.

They were no match for the fast flowing river and were being carried downstream. In the midst of the panic, Yena managed to grab onto Yuri’s hand, but both struggled to stay afloat. Yena, who was not a good swimmer, was having a harder time battling against the water. Sensing the urgency, Yuri tried to grab onto the large rocks but she was moving too fast with the current to get a good grip. Spotting a fallen tree up ahead, she used all the power she had to grab onto the branch without letting go of Yena. Yuri pulled Yena onto the top of the riverbank.

Both laid down onto the grass for awhile…

“Are you crazy Yena? Why did you jump in? You could have been killed!!!”

Yena looking a bit down, “I just thought I wanted to save you.”

“It’s my job to protect you, Yena.”

“But I want to protect you too, if Yuri isn’t by my side, there’s no point in life.”

“Silly Yena!” Yuri slapped Yena lightly and smiled.

“Well, I will always stay by Yena’s side,” Yuri shyly said.

Yena widen her eyes in excitement, “Really? You promise?”

“I promise!” Yuri nodded. “Let’s go back to the palace, the Lord is soooo going to punish me when he sees us like this.”

“Don’t worry, I will sweet talk the Lord out of it.” Yena said grabbing Yuri’s hand and happily walked away not caring that they had a near death experience.

End Flashback



**Enozi Hospital**

Chaewon was back at the hospital, helping out wherever she can. With the threat of a war fast approaching, she hadn’t seen Sakura all day as she had bee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter