Chapter VIII

This is Our Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

VIII

 

 

“Are you ready?”

The blond woman asks her red-haired friend. The latter wants to answer no and erase the pain expression on the former. But how? She stayed up all night consulting Google Ajhussi for answers but why she still feels helpless? Why there is still pain in Seung Wan’s eyes

“Kat, look at me.” The red hair feels the warmth on her cheeks coming from Seung Wan’s hand. Is it possible to pause the time? Is it possible to be with her in this moment forever? Those question makes her eyes water.

“Everything will be alright.” Seung Wan genuinely smiles. “Let’s go now. Aunt Eugene and Aunt Shoo are waiting inside the conference room.”

 

 

 

 

There is a deafening silence inside the conference room. No one dared to talk nor move. They are staring blankly on the table. Different thoughts flood their mind that makes them dizzy.

“That is my decision, Aunt Shoo.” Seung Wan breaks the silence.

Shoo blinks her eyes and stares at Seung Wan. The former tries to speak but no words come out. The only response is a deep and long sigh.

“I want my last novel to be special.” The blond dreamily utters. “It will be more special. There will also be a mini fan meeting for us to reveal who S.S.W is.” Seung Wan adds.

“Okay.” Eugene finally says after minutes of silence. She feels like she got hit by a truck. Her whole body is numb, and her mind is a mess. She will follow and respect Seung Wan’s decision.

“Thank you, Aunt Eugene and Aunty Shoo. Soo Young and I will leave.”

 After the door close, only Shoo and Eugene are left inside the room. The two looks at each other. Both know that they have the same thought and feeling. They worked together for years and can easily read each other.

“Please tell me this is a dream.” Shoo tells her friend with pleading eyes.

“I wish I can say that.” Eugene replies. Both can feel that their world is slowly crashing and turning into pieces that they need to pick up later. They know they can fix it, but it will never be the same. Especially if there is no sun to light up their world.

 

 

 

 

“Where do you want to go, Kat?” Seung Wan asks her friend but there is no reply. She looks at the latter and notice that she is staring blankly on the floor.

“Kat,” The blond grabs Soo Young’s hand and slightly squeeze it. The latter blink and look at her. “Where do you want to go?”

“Anywhere.” The red-haired replies. 

“Since you don’t have anything in your mind. Maybe we can do the things I want to do.” There is excitement intertwined with her words. She sounds hopeful—optimistic. Her excitement ignites the happiness in Soo Young’s heart. Seung Wan has an effect that turns something chaotic into a beautiful scenery.

“Carpe diem.” Seung Wan squeals as she drags Soo Young to her carefree adventure. Let’s seize the moment, Soo Young-ah.

 

 

 

 

“So, this is what you want to do?” They are standing inside a famous ice cream shop. Soo Young is looking incredulously at her friend. While the latter is looking at the ice cream with twinkle on her eyes. She looks like a miner who found the most expensive gold in earth.

“Yup, I want to try all the flavours in one sitting. I haven’t tried that because I’m afraid I will get a toothache, but who cares. We are on my Carpe Diem adventure.” Seung Wan explains then ordered all the flavours on display.

The red hair shakes her head in disbelief. How can this be part of her adventure? She shrugs her sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter