Chapter II

This is Our Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

II

 

Seung Wan zips her luggage. The taxing task of packing is already over. To make sure, she checks her list again for tenth time to make sure everything is perfect. The door opens and Joo Hyun enters with the biggest grin on her face. The former rolls her eyes. This will be another Bogum Oppa conversation. How dashing and gentleman Bogum Oppa is, blah blah blah.

“Wannie-ahh,” Joo Hyun greets her in a singsong voice.

“What?” Seung Wan deadpan answer.

“Let’s eat this.”

“I’m not a fan of sweets.”

“Wannie, it is like telling me that you don’t like milk tea and me.”

“I don’t.”

“Yeah. You don’t because you love them and you love me.”

The auburn haired woman smirks. She already wins this battle of wits. No one. Again, no one will defeat Joo Hyun in any kind of game, whether it is physical o mind game. Joo Hyun will always win. Her competitive attitude won’t let her lose.

“Here comes the plane, Wannie-ah.”

Seung Wan opens and eat the Oreo cookie. Why is she so whip for Joo Hyun? Just why? She cannot comprehend the reason behind her attraction for her best friend. Attraction is not the right term. Infatuation? At first it was. She knows it is not just a simple crush that will go away. It is a lot stronger—a lot more serious. 

Son Seung Wan tries to deny this feeling, she did. Eventually, she grows tired of denying and just embrace her true feelings—her true self. She is hopelessly in love with her best friend, with Joo Hyun.  Confessing crosses her mind but she did not want to risk their friendship. She decides to bury it in the deepest core of her heart. Another reason for not confessing is that they are both girls. It is too scandalous for the country they are living. A modern but conservative country. Her love for Joo Hyun will be keep forever—in her heart.

“What time is your flight?”

“Around 8 am.”

“Okay. I’m drop you off.”

Seung Wan’s mouth drop. “What?!”

“I’m dropping you off. I don’t have class tomorrow.”

“Yeah. I know that. But why?”

“Well, you are going to Japan. Right?” Joo Hyun ponders. “Is it cancelled?” She asks with hope and twinkling eyes.

“Nope. I’m still going to Japan.” Seung Wan sticks out her tongue. “It is weird that you are dropping me off because Joo Hyun is not a morning person.”

“You are, the only exception.”

Seung Wan recognizes that it is a song. She throws the pillow to her best friend. The latter dodge the pillow. The former rolls her eyes. Joo Hyun’s reflex is no joke. Her competitiveness is on another level.

“Wannie-ah, I have a great news for you.” Joo Hyun squeals. “Bogum asked me out.”

In a split second, Seung Wan’s world starts to crash. Her heart is scattered everywhere. She accepted it years ago that this will be an unrequited love but it still hurts. Her Joo Hyun, her muse is happy not because of her but because of him. Seung Wan smiles. She shows her famous smile. Hoping that this will cover the pain she is feeling.

 

 

 

“Bye, Mom. Bye Joo Hyun.”

“Bye Wannie-ah.” Seung Wan’s mom hug her daughter. It was a short hug but it makes Seung Wan at ease.

“Wait.” Joo Hyun hold Seung Wan’s arm.

“Why?”

“Take care and stay away from Son Naeun.” The auburn haired girl tells her with seriousness on her face.

“Why?”

“You don’t know?” Seung Wan shakes her head.

“Son Naeun has a huge crush on you. Like, crush crush.”

“And?” It is not a big deal for her.

“Just stay away from her. She might influence you.”

Not just 24 hours after her heartbreak last night, here she is having another heartache. She shrugs her shoulder.

“I’m fine with it.” 

Before Joo Hyun could reply on her, Seung Wan grabs her backpack and place it on her back. Ignoring the voice of her friend. If she stays longer, she might breakdown. Suddenly, this Japan trip is not bad at all. It might will help her to mend her broken heart.

She is scanning the airport and looks for her team. Her team is composed of her, Son Naeun, and two juniors. The two juniors are Choi Jisu aka Lia and Lee Min Hyung aka Mark. They are going to Japan for annual conference. Only the best students from College of Music can join this conference. In short, Seung Wan is a bright student.

“Sunbae!” A female voice calls her.

“Hey Lia.” Seung greets her after she sits beside her.

“Hello Seung Wan-ssi.” Naeun shyly greets her.

“Hi.” Seung Wan replies.

“What’s up, Sunbae Wan.” Mark and Seung Wan fist bump each other.

As they wait for their boarding time, they just talk to each other. Share their experiences and some advice to Lia and Mark. Naeun smoothly says that it is like a family outing. Seung Wan and her are their mothers, while Lia and Mark are their kids. The juniors laugh and did not mind. Seung Wan is caught off guard. She does not believe that her juniors did not mind. It is not taboo for them. When she asks them, this is their answer.

“Sunbae, I grew up in Canada. Same marriage is legal there. They are open to same relationship.” Lia answers her.

“Same, sunbae. I also grew up in Canada. My mom explains to me that love sees no gender.” Mark adds.

“See! We are happy family.” Naeun squeals.

This is not a bad trip at all. Seung Wan thought. She smiles—a genuine happy smile.

 

 

 

 

“What do you mean I am staying in a different room?” Naeun questions the woman in the counter.

“I’m sorry, Ma’am.” The woman apologies. “But you and Miss Choi Jisu will be staying in one room. As for Miss Son Seung Wan and Mr. Lee Min Hyung, they will be staying in two different rooms with another participant.”

“How this all happened?”

Naeun notices that Seung Wan raises her hand. It is like she is in a class that teacher is calling them for recitation. The latter looks at the woman in the counter and signals her that she will be the one explaining it.

“They called me two days ago and asked me if it is okay to move to another room and stay with another participant. They explained to me that the hotel is fully booked. So, I said yes. Mark, on the other hand, his friend is joining the conference that is why they decided to stay in one room.” Seung Wan explains in a fast manner. Naeun incredulously looks at her. The rumors are true. Son Seung Wan has a big heart that can fit the whole world. 

“Fine. Can we get our cards now?”

The woman gives the card to Naeun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter