The Aborted Mission

Fly Me to the Moon

Jung Min had a call from the South Korean Embassy, Good Morning Dr. Park, this is Mr. Choi of the South Korean Embassy we wish to discuss some matters with you concerning your medical mission in Tawi Tawi, would you be available today? Can we meet here in my office around 2:00pm?

Would it be too soon? Yes, I'd see you.

 

At 2:00pm:

Thank you for your visit Dr. Park, we have seen your group's heroic deeds for the landslide victims and as a Korean we're very proud of you.

You are welcome Mr. Choi but anyone would surely do what we did, if you can only see how they help each other when they themselves were also victims of the situation.

That's why I decided to call  you, I understand how much you wanted to help in this country but the Philippine authorities told us that they cannot allow you  to go in Tawi Tawi, they wouldn't want you to be in danger. What they actually wanted is to relocate the residents but most of them were really hard headed. They do not want to leave the place. Those that accepted the relocation were now doing fine, they were starting a new life. If you wish there are other depressed areas where your medical mission would be of great help. But what they actually need is a livelihood program.

Is that so, I will discuss the matter with our foundation when we return to Seoul. We will be leaving in three days. Thank you very much then.

 

****** Flashback ******

Good Morning, Mr. Choi, I'm Atty. Park Shin Hye and my companion here's Atty. Koo Hye Sun, as I told you over the phone yesterday this meeting would just very very quick.

This is about my brother's medical mission in Tawi tawi Province, they have no fixed schedule yet  but we want to know how safe is the area? What is their security assurance.

Actually, we have advisory against all travel to South-West Mindanao and the Sulu Archipelago because of high threat from terrorism. TawiTawi is included.

Sir, we seek your help not to permit this mission. It is fine with us if they want to conduct a medical mission here but not in places like Tawi Tawi, we're appealing to you sir, said Hye Sun.

What we're really after is their safety, if the place is safe from terrorist we would not seek your assistance, Shin Hye said.

Rest assured I will try my very best Atty, Park Atty. Koo, they are South Koreans and its my duty to protect my countrymen.

****** End of Flashback ******

 

Jung Min was knocking at Shin Hye's room, Geun Suk, half , opened the door.

Surprised Jung Min said,  maybe because of you that the great lawyer of my sister betrayed her brother, where is she? Shin Hyeee!!!

Shin Hye came out of the bathroom, irritated, why do you have to shout? what's this all about.

What did you do, grabbing the collar o her blouse, we're you afraid to miss your carnal relation with Geun Suk that you betrayed me!?

Hey, that's unfair! Geun Suk yelled, Released her now! Geun Suk shouted menacingly

Jung Min pushed Shin Hye to the bed and confronted Geun Suk.

Would you kill me for her!? he shouted at Geun Suk. That great girlfriend of yours went to the embassy to tell the authorities to ban our mission for Mindanao.

Did they tell you that she went there and demanded to ban our mission?

You still don't know her, she didn't have to make demands, she can make a person follow her wishes with her sweet voice and a little smile. and walked out of the room.

Honey. tell me it wasn't true, Geun Suk  said calmly to Shin Hye, that you did not go to embassy for that purpose.

Shin Hye kept her silence, after a while Geun Suk looked for his shirt, wore it and said, I assumed that your silence means it's true, then walked out.

Sukie, let me explain....

******************************

Jung Min at their suite...

Do you have knowledge why Shin Hye went to the embassy with Hye Sun?

Hah?!  Ahniyo. Wae, what happened?

They requested for the ban of our medical mission, prepare for our things, I will make arrangements and we're leaving. I couldn't stay anymore.

It may not be as you believed. Can I call my brother?

Go ahead.

Oppa, we're leaving.

Why? In three days we will be returning to Korea, why not wait?

Jung MIn's very angry, it seemed Shin Hye and Hye Sun went to the embassy and requested the banning of your medical mission.

It's not that easy to do besides the embassy can only issue advisory but not actually banned us. Only the Philippine authorities can do that. I want to talk with Jung Min. Can I see him?

Okay, come over to our room.

Hyun Joong found Jung Min and So Eun with Geun Suk.

Chesohnghahmnida, you caught us on awkward situation. I take full responsibility for what happened between us. I have honest intentions with Shin Hye.

Mianhahmnida, I don't mean all the things I said. I was just too angry with her. I have not heard any resistance from her about  the misssion then all of sudden she went to the embassy to request for the banning of it.

How did you know about all this, Hyun Joong said.

A Mr. Choi from the embassy called my mobile this morning, requested a meeting at his office. I went there and he told me that the Philippine Authorities did not issue a permit for our medical mission.

It was Hye Sun who was very vocal against the mission but it could only be coincidence.

No, I know Shin Hye is guilty, Guen Suk said.

Joongie you knew how cunning that girl since childhood. Sukie she's not actually bad but she has her ways of getting what she wanted.

So, are you really going home ahead of us.

Yes, I have already make arrangements. I will be paying some fines but that's alright.

If Hye Sun was in connivance with Shin Hye, she should have a lesson too, Hyu Joong said

Meanwhile Shin Hye has called Hye Sun, told her what happened.

Did you explained to them that it's not as they think, we just actually asked for their security assurance.

No, I was surprised at my brother's tirade and Geun Suk walked out on me before I could explain anything.

A ring on Hye Sun's mobile phone, it's Hyun Joong.

Can I talk to you for a moment, is it alright to have it in your room.

I'm here at Shin Hye's,  could it be here?

Alright, I'll come over. It's better if you two will explain everything to me.

Now... let me hear your side, said Hyun Joong.

Hye Sun immediately retaliated, would you believe us if you hear it.

That's why I'm asking, why do you seem so agressive and defensive? Was this actually your doing? asked Hyun Joong raising his eyebrows.

How dare you...

Hyun Joong was able to hold Hye Sun hands before she can slap him, Nobody slaps me, not even you, pushing her to the sofa.

Shin Hye explain to me everything when you can... and you... I don't want to see you anymore. A very wily tactic after a failed bribery... how disgusting.

Hye Sun was shocked... she couldn't believe what she saw and heard.

Shin Hye approached Hye Sun, why do you have to be so violent with him, he's the most reasonable person I ever met. I know he would believe us.

I don't know... it's just...

*********************************

hmmm... your comment please...