Manila

Fly Me to the Moon

Jung Min and So Eun has just returned from their one-week vacation in Singapore with a  promise that they will continue their honeymoon in the Philippines.

******************************

The group finally arrived in Manila at 12:35  midnight, a hotel service fetched them from the airport, they booked a hotel near the airport so that they can rest and freshen up before their next flight this afternoon.

 

Hyun Joong immediately sleep upon arrival at the hotel, he is sharing a room with Min Ho and Geun Suk. He did not tell the other two that he and Hye Sun will go out 10:00AM.

 

Upon waking up he immediately called Hye Sun to tell her to get ready, Hye Sun is already prepared, he then go to the bathroom to take a bath.

 

Why are you in such a hurry, asked Min Ho.

 

I’m going out with Hye Sun, said Hyun Joong.

 

We’ll go out with you.

 

No, make your own itinerary, anyway we won’t be long.

 

Hey, you promised to guide us here, no, we will go with you.

 

Okay, you should be dressed in 10 minutes from now.

 

Geun Suk called Shin Hye, we’re going out can you dress in 10 minutes?

 

I’m already dressed, I will be going with Hye sun, aren’t you? I thought this is group

 

Laughing, he said, we’re also going with them.

 

Hahaha, that Hyun Joong thought he could have Hye Sun all by himself, he said to Min Ho instead, hey, get ready.

 

Hyun  Joong went out of the bathroom, Geun Suk and Min Ho are already dressed waiting for him, he just looked at them then asked did you have breakfast, you seem to be up early.

 

Yeah, but we only had coffee at the restaurant below. We want a taste of authentic filipino dish, you will be our tourist guide.

 

It’s good that Hyun Joong arranged for a vehicle service, he felt guilty for not including his friends with his plan.

 

They went to Juan’s Bistro at the Mall of Asia, Hyun Joong wants to retrieve himself so he ordered lunch for everybody. They had crispy shrimps, sinius belly, ensaladang talong, grilled pork, rice with adobo flakes toppings, native beef steak,  bangus a la pobre and San Miguel Beer Pale Pilsen.

 

After their meal, everybody was just too happy and decided to go their own way around the mall and agree to meet at the parking lot after an hour.

 

When it was just the two of them. hope you’re not disappointed, said Hye Sun to Hyun Joong. A little but more of guilt than disappointment. I should always include them in every plan because I was the one who encouraged them to have a vacation here. I am so selfish.

 

Hye Sun smiled, yes but I think you have recovered to them, the lunch was sumptous, have you tasted all those foods before?

 

No, actually I tasted none of those, the waitress just help me, didn’t you noticed I’m talking to her in filipino, it’s because I don’t want them to hear that I don’t know anything. I just told her not to give us food that is too exotic or usually unknown to foreigners.

 

Are you fluent in filipino?

 

I'm not but I guess she understood. Filipinos can speak with their eyes, sometimes with just a little gesture they understand each other. Most of them understand english, even broken english, it's easy to communicate with them.

 

Hey, ingan sseulegi! she said as if reprimanding a child. They both laughed.

 

Hyun Joong put his  arm around Hye Sun shoulder and pecck her on one cheek.

 

From afar, they saw Min Ho talking to a woman, it seems somebody had already caught Min Ho’s charm, said Hyun Joong, its good his attention for you will be diverted.

 

Hye Sun looked at Hyun Joong with furrowed brows, what do you mean?

 

Don’t you notice he likes you.

 

How could that be, he does not even looked at me.

 

It doesn’t mean he didn’t like you, I heard him asking Geun Suk early this morning  if we are really serious with each other. If he’s not interested in you, what does his asking mean.

 

I hope no misunderstanding will happen between you.

 

Min Ho is already a long time friend and he is a good man, I think he knows where he stands. I just know that if he’s really interested in you he’s hurting and I’m sad about it.

 

Ohhh... Hye Sun can’t say anything.

*****************************************

Min Ho was just looking around, when suddenly he turned around and he bumped into a lady.

 

Chesohnghahmnida...Min Ho said vowing.

 

The woman just looked at him, obviously wondering about his reaction, then she said, I’m sorry, I was not  looking where I’m going I was in a hurry.

 

Min Ho realized that the woman isn’t familiar with his culture. I’m sorry, the fault is mine I suddenly turned around. I’m Lee Min Ho from Seoul, South Korea, I am a tourist.

 

Ahh... that’s why you vowed and chesohnghahmnida means I’m sorry, is that right?

 

Min Ho nods smiling, may I know your name?

 

Marianne Rivera, she said smiling, I am  in so much hurry, I was enjoying my day off when the office suddenly called, one of our stewards got sick and I have to replace her.

What company are you with?

 

I’m working at Cebu Pacific Air, I really have to go now. Nice meeting you.

 

Bye.

 

Min Ho saw Hyun Joong and Hye Sun looking at her, he walked towards them.

 

Hyun Joong said, hey... who’s that you’re talking with?

 

That’s Marianne, I accidentally bumped her, I just apologized. She’s working at the airline that will fly us tonight. Isn’t she beautiful?

 

Will she be one of the flight attendants, Hye Sun asked.

 

I don’t know, maybe yes maybe no. We were  not able to have a longer chat, she’s in a hurry.

 

************************************

 

Geun Suk and Shin Hye were walking holding hands, many people were looking at them they are such a beautiful couple. One teenage girl approached Geun Suk asking him for autograph and ask him to have picture with them. Geun Suk a little bit confused obliged with the request. Another girl asked, are you the leading man in the korean drama, Marry Me Mary?

Geun Suk realized that he was mistaken for an idol, he said, Girls... I am korean but not an actor... the girls were embarassed and apologized profusely for disturbing them.

 

Geun Suk lauging said... it’s alright and thank you for your mistake, it’s means I am as handsome as the lead man in your favorite drama.

 

One girl looking hard at him, said thoughtfully, actually... you are more handsome, what is your profession sir?

 

I am a doctor.

 

Shin Hye was just looking at them smiling... listening at the conversation.

 

One boy approached her, hey beautiful... you seemed so amused with them.

 

Geun Suk heard him... he immediately approach Shin Hye and he said goodbye to the girls.

 

The boy irritated yelled, hey, let me borrow your girl!

 

Geun Suk looked at the boy murderously, he was about to return but Shin Hye pulled him.

 

Let him... he’s just a child.

 

Whew... the others are so friendly but that young man is so arrogant and ill-mannered.

 

Let’s go... don’t let him ruin our day.

 

Geun Suk was pacified but he’s already in bad mood.

 

When they are far... Shin Hye jokingly said... can’t my iness appease you?

 

Appease... I’m frustrated with your beauty and iness, he suddenly kissed on the lips.

 

Breathless she said, we’re in the middle of a mall.

 

I want to be with you, can't we have time with each other.

 

*******************************

 

We should have stayed in the hotel Jung Min said. I’m bored at walking around.

Don’t regret, at least the food we just ate is great. Tomorrow we will enjoy the place.

Let's return to the parking lot, there's only a few minutes.

 

***********************************************

I'm sorry I'm late in posting, there's just plenty of work. I hope to finish this story soon, tax season is fast approaching and I'll be very busy.