The Bargain

Fly Me to the Moon

Do you really have to join the medical mission in the Philippines? If I donate my three months salary in exchange of you not joining the mission, will you agree? They are in a restaurant.

 

Hyun Joong frowned, are you buying me?

 

I'm not... just sacrificing for your sake. I'm only asking... I just don't want you to go in Tawi Tawi, I researched about the place, it's terrorists infested. What if... ohh.... never mind. I don't want to entertain the thought, she said in a very small voice.

 

Those people need help and I just want to, I have the knowhow, the ability... it is our duty to share the blessings that we enjoy.

 

I'm afraid of what might happen to all of you. Well then... case closed. I will not bargain anymore nor speak about this again, I want to go home.

 

It is yet too early, Hyun Joong said. We just had our dinner, let's have a walk. Holding Hye Sun hand, he tried to coax her but Hye Sun withdraw.

 

I said I want to go home and be alone. I can take care of myself so you don't have to go with me, she said angrily.

 

Honey... you don't understand... 

 

I fully understand and I said  I won't talk about it anymore. She walked out.

 

Hyun Joong left some money on the table and followed her almost running.

 

He saw Hye Sun entering a taxi, he got his car and followed her.

 

He stopped his car while Hye sun was alighting from the taxi. He hold her arms when they were at her gate. Hye Sun please let's talk, Hyun Joong said.

 

When they are inside, now what!? Hye sun yelled angrily.

 

Hyun Joong tried very hard to get hold of his anger, it's good that this video is still in my car. You watched it first then ask me not to join the mission.

 

I am not in the mood for a documentary, I'm sure it's one.

 

Okay, putting the cd on the center table, I want you to watch it when you calm down, for the meantime we will not talk about it. But Hon... I want to be with you for some more time, the night is still young.

 

He walked her to the sofa and seat her on his lap. Don't be angry anymore.... he kissed her on her nose. I also researched about the place, I know its dangerous but how about the mothers and children in the midst of all those dangers. Just pray for us that our mission will make a difference, he said gently.

 

The Philippines is a beautiful country, Hyun Joong said, I've been there several times, it's just that like other countries that were not yet developed and residents are still ignorant of urban living which opened an opportunity to some elements, they made it their hiding places. If no one will help them, how will they rise from their predicament. I hope someday you will understand us.

 

I have an idea, why don't we all have a vacation there before Jung Min started his mission so all of you will have an actual experience of thePhilippines, he further said.

 

Won't it be dangerous? Hye Sun said.

 

No, there are many beautiful places in the Philippines and the people are very hospitable.

 

************************************

 

Hyun Joong is with Jung Min and Geun Suk, Hyun Joong is the only one who has been in the Philippines. Although is open in going to the mission, they have hesitation in bringing the girls in the Philippines.

Hey, we will never bring or alllow them to participate in the mission, we will just have a vacation in the Philippines. None of them will go to Tawi Tawi. We will go before the mission starts, I just want them to see that country so that they won't worry much when we leave.

 

What if something happens while they are there? Geun Seuk asked worriedly.

 

Anything can happen anywhere, Hyun Joong said, the most that can happen while we are on vacation are natural calamities like typhoon, volcanic eruption or earthquake. Only God can prevent them, they are beyond our control. Guys.... are you punishing me? I know you understand what  I mean.

 

The two, Jung Min and Geun Suk raised their eyebrows at Hyun Joong's irritation. Okay, okay, Jung Min said, we will all go but that is after my honeymoon.

 

 

*********************************

 

To be continued....