Chapter 08

My Wife

The mother of Kyuhyun signed the consent letter. Therefore, the doctor proceed to do further medical procedures with Kyuhyun and checked blood test as well as physical fitness.



After taking blood, Changmin’s father offered to Kyuhyun and his mother to be taken home by Changmin for resting .

After reaching home because of Kyuhyun's mom hand injury, she was not able to work at her stall for few days. So she went to market to buy hens and essential vegetables for Kyuhyun.

(T / n: Because the hen is rich in blood, it reduces blood loss.)

Kyuhyun knew that he would soon stay in the hospital. So, he ate delicious chicken soup made by mom that night.

Kyuhyun’s mother smiled happily.

The results came in soon. Kyuhyun was adviced by doctor to stay at hospital 5 days in advance. Since he meets all the standard requirements no further complication arised.

Kyuhyun explained the situation to the first lady who was very supportive of his decision to help Changmin's sister, even his classmates cheared for him.

The day when he was hospitalized, classmates, teachers,also school leaders visited him to show their support.

“This is a good thing, it should receive more publicity for motivating as well as for providing awarness.” said school teacher, But Kyuhyun kindly refused the idea. Changmin’s father came to save Kyuhyun from the crowd, allowing Kyuhyun to rest.

On Second day at hospital mobilization procedure started. Daily 1 dose was injected during the next 5 days.

(T / n: Treatment of donor with leukone recruiting tool necessary for successful procedure)

Kyuhyun room was a single room, including a toilet, a TV, a refrigerator. In the morning, Kyuhyun went to general physical exam. After the results showed no problem, the first dose of injection began.

The mobilizer was there every morning in the next 4 days. There was no problems during the first two days. Just on Thursday, Kyuhyun began to feel tired, headache, and loss of appetite.

Changmin visited him daily. The discussed the exercises and papers that teacher spoke during the day. Kyuhyun noticed that some of the knowledge had already been forgotten even if it's his second life.

Changmin’s mother prepared food cooked especially for Kyuhyun with organic vegetables to help him recover fatique every day. Kyuhyun's mother was uncomfortable, but she accepted her kidness because of her still injured hands. During the day, she cared for Kyuhyun at Hospital and afternoon when Changmin finished school, she left the room so they could learn together.

When Kyuhyun was with Changmin, he was always very nervous. Especially, when Changmin urged him to explain this issue, he could not concentrate perfectly.

On that day Kyuhyun felt uncomfortable after the mobilization injection, but he hide it from his mother to not let her worry about him.

When Changmin was helping him with some questions, Kyuhyun couldn't hold back anymore.

Changmin saw Kyuhyun’s expression was very bad. He went to look for a doctor quickly, but Kyuhyun holded his hand: “It's because of injection, that’s nothing, but a little bit of pain, please don't call the doctor, my mother will worry.”

Changmin was very distressed. He took Kyuhyun’s hand and said, “Why do not you sleep first?

Kyuhyun shook his head. Headache will not allow him to sleep. Since he wanted to find something to distract himself with, he did not think that Changmim was sweetly holding his hand.

“I’ll lay down with you for a while.” Changmin suddenly opened his mouth and said.

At the time Kyuhyun could not understand how to answer. “What?” His body already entered the bed.

Later he was taken into a warm hug.

Kyuhyun felt Changmin’s heart beats and immediately clung him.

“Have you ever heard me sing?” Changmin’s voice was slowly heard in his ears. Kyuhyun shook his head, his forehead accidentally touched by Changmin’s lips. Changmin chuckled and started to hum a lullaby.

Kyuhyun's ears quickly turned into red , he said: “You are treating me like a child.

[ ] “I do not dare.” Changmin said, “Now you are my brother, my step - brother”. Changmin was few days younger than Kyuhyun.

A little bit of love in Kyuhyun's heart suddenly disappeared. Before it was an unrequited love, and was only classmates. Today, Changmin already became his younger brother.

Changmin didn't realized that Kyuhyun moved completely away from his skin contact. He began to sing the lullaby again.

Slowly Kyuhyun began to fall in asleep.

On the fifth day injection being injected Kyuhyun's mother, Changmin's parents, even Changmin was present there skipping school.

“Kyu Kyu, do not be afraid, Mother will always be with you.” Kyuhyun's mother said with red eyes, the heart’s pain.

Kyuhyun's headache was really unbearable, he could not say anything.

“Doctor, is he really alright?” Kyuhyun’s mother asked doctor.

Doctor replied with a serious face: “Because his Skull is possible to generate cells and blood viscosity results in decreased oxygen supply capacity, it create sensation of brain hypoxia After extracting stem cells these symptoms will not continue anymore. Do not worry, soon everything will return to normal state and pain will be reduced … ”

Kyuhyun’s mother did not understand his explanation at all. He ultimately is just stating fact that it will bring heart to his throat.

Since Changmin’s mother was still hospitalized, she was taken back to her room by Changmin’s father. Because of hand injury Kyuhyun's mom was also advised by doctor to take rest.

Only Changmin stayed outside Kyuhyun's treatment room. He kept watching Kyuhyun through the glass door. Kyuhyun wasn't sleeping well at all. Kyuhyun kept sweating and anyone can say that he was extremly feeling uncomfortable even though his eyes was closed.

Kyuhyun slept for hours but his sleep was not smooth. In his dream he tried to catch a person but when he approached that person, he always felt distanced much more. He followed the man, prayed in my heart that, please look at me... atleast once, please turn back.

When that person finally stopped, Kyuhyun also stood still. That man turned his head slightly, pursed his lips, and continued to walk away. Kyuhyun wanted to follow, but he couldn't move at all,

“Please don't leave me alone” Kyuhyun whispered and did not dare to make a sound, in his mind, to his unrequited love, but deeply buried at the bottom of his heart.

“Kyuhyunie.” Somebody whispered in his ear.

Kyuhyun struggled to open his eyes. It felt as if like 2 10 kg ball hanging on his eyelids not allowing him to open his eyes.

Changmin saw Kyuhyun struggling,and he continued to whisper in his ear,: “Kyuhyunie, Please wake up.”

It was already in the middle of night. Kyuhyun had been sleeping only even after the operation for hours makinh Changmin extremly worried.

Kyuhyun's eyes was tightly closed still a few drops of tears keep escaping from his eyes. Changmin heart ached watching this and he placed his palm on Kyuhyun's cheek after wiping those tear drops gently.

At that time Kyuhyun behaved like a tamed cat, rubbing his cheek against Changmin's palm.

Kyuhyun was calming down slowly with Changmin's gentle touch. Without understanding this Changmin took his palm away from Kyuhyun's cheek.

When Changmin's palm completly left Kyuhyun's cheek, suddenly, he opened his eyes, making Changmin abit shocked. Kyuhyun hugged Changmin tightly arising from bed.

Why do not you respond to me?

“Why did you ignore me?

“Do you hate me?”

“I really like you, Changmin.”

Kyuhyun seemed to have no clear distinction between dream and reality, he was at his vulnerable state and he keep hitting Changmin's chest.

When Kyuhyun finially stopped crying, he turned. His face being buried in the pillow still sobbing a little.

There was only dim light in the room. Changmin could feel that Kyuhyun was in a very bad condition.

Changmin was slightly lost in thoughts, he already knew that Kyuhyun liked him from diary... but then what now?

Did he ever liked Kyuhyun?


Changmin don't know what is love. He never experienced it. He never dated anyone before too. Not even once. He is very thankful to Kyuhyun for saving his sister. He hoped that Kyuhyun would request him something so that he could settle down a bit.

But Kyuhyun did not want anything from him, telling him he did not like him indirectly.

Changmin silently gazed at Kyuhyun for a while. Eventually he soundlessly left the room.