Chapter 03

My Wife

The store Minho had selected was next to the school. Kyuhyun never goes there, one- because he had no money, and two- there was no one he could go drink bubble tea with.

After entering the shop, Kyuhyun instantly recognized a familiar person.

It was a beautiful girl; she smiled towards Kyuhyun and Minho who had just entered, “Welcome, what will you drink?”

Minho’s face immediately turned red, Kyuhyun after all has lived several years longer than him, one glance and he could see what Minho was thinking. He placed his bag on the chair beside the door, and said to Minho, “I’ll drink whatever, you can go order, and I’ll wait here.”

Kyuhyun looked at Minho’s gleaming eyes, looking at the girl.

She’s the school campus flower, but it was not because of this that Kyuhyun recognized her, he only knew her because she was Changmin’s rumoured girlfriend.

After Kyuhyun and Changmin had gotten together, he’d never asked Changmin about the relationship with the school’s beauty because he didn’t dare to ask, as Changmin and him dating wasn’t because Changmin liked him, but because… …

Someone pushing the door interrupted Kyuhyun’s thoughts, he looked up and it was like he got burned, hurriedly lowering his head.

Minho came with the drinks together, standing in front of Kyuhyun with an aura of summer.

“Yours.”

“Thank you.” Kyuhyun said lowly, stretching his hands out for the tea.

Changmin stood at the door, frowning at the two people sitting there.

“You came.” The school’s beauty walked out from the corner and found a table. Pulling open the chair, she said to Changmin, “Come sit.”

Changmin sat down opposite her.

Kyuhyun’s heart felt uncomfortable, he quietly drank his tea with his head hung. Minho’s face that was once peachy was now dark.

“What do you think the relationship between those two is?” Minho craned his neck up to Kyuhyun and whispered.

Kyuhyun shook his head.

After Changmin sat down, his eyes never left Kyuhyun, seeing those two all close and secretive; his face took on an unsightly expression. He turned his head to the side.

“What is wrong with you?” The school beauty smiled at Changmin, “Who are you giving that face to?”

“Nothing.” Changmin sat straight up, asked: “Those two?”

“Who knows.” The school beauty shrugged and said, “Went with their girlfriends probably.”

“Then I’m leaving.”

“Eh, wait wait wait wait.” The school’s beauty grabbed Changmin by the sleeves.

The two’s movement attracted Kyuhyun’s attention, looking up. Seeing the scene, it seems like he couldn’t handle it, dropping the tea, he took his bag and said one sentence, “I’m going back first.”

Minho quickly chased after him, shouting: “What’s wrong, wait for me ah, hey.”

Changmin’s fingers on his bag tightened, he turned to look at the campus flower to ask: “Do you think I’m handsome or that frog eye just now is handsome?”

“What?” the school’s beauty shocked for a moment, then laughed and said, “Changmin, you’re actually jealous of a frog eye? Ha ha ha.”

“Who’s jealous of him!” Changmin growled out, slightly angry.

His growl jolted her, her eyes wide.

“Since those two are not here, let’s talk about it next time.” He left the school’s beauty standing there stupidly, walking out astride his bag.


———————————————————————————————————————————


After Kyuhyun returned home, he went directly to his room, turning it upside down, looking everywhere for a long time and yet he couldn’t find that diary.

That’s the proof that he liked Changmin for two years, but now, even that’s gone.

He sat down blankly on the bed, the scene of the school’s beauty laughing at Changmin in the tea shop floating through his head. His whole body felt painful, curling up in the bed.

Kyuhyun knows, this type of pain will follow him for a long time.

Later on, Changmin will get into a different university then him, will have his own girlfriend, will get married, will have kids.

And Kyuhyun himself will just be a part of Changmin’s high school memories. As a classmate he was not familiar with.

Before he just had a crush on Changmin, but now, since he had been together with Changmin for several years now, cooking together, sleeping together, and even fighting.

Experiencing all this and then giving up was much harder than not experiencing it and giving up. But Kyuhyun does not regret his choice, he no longer wants to become the despicable person he was in his previous life.

He’ll forget Changmin. He will.

Saying it was easy, but following through is hard. Next day at the school gate, he met Changmin once again, Kyuhyun could only lower his head, pretend he didn’t see him and hurriedly walk past.

Changmin’s expression darkened.

“Who owes you money so early in the morning?” Yunho holding a cup of soybean milk, walked to Changmin’s side, laughing. “What’s up with you?”

Changmin ignored him and walked straight away.

Yunho was already accustomed to Changmin’s nasty temper, not bothering, just swung behind him into the classroom.

Not long after Kyuhyun had settled down, the representative of the English class came to his side.

“I still haven’t handed in yesterday’s collection of papers, have you finished?”

Kyuhyun didn’t think that she’d wait for him and withstand the teacher’s scolding, suddenly feeling a little bad.

He quickly took out the paper from his schoolbag and handed it to the representative of the English class.

“Thank you.”

“No problem.” The English representative’s name was Irene, she smiled sweetly at Kyuhyun, “Why didn’t you do your homework last time, family problems?”

Kyuhyun didn’t think that this girl would stand here and talk to him, he’s not good at dealing with girls, suddenly feeling somewhat shy, “No, I forgot.”

“Next time I’ll remind you; do you have a phone number?”

Kyuhyun didn’t have a phone, at that time phones were too expensive, and he didn’t need a phone for anything.

As he was prepared to reply none, Irene was gently pushed to the side.

“You’re blocking the way.” Changmin stood in the middle of the two, face expressionless.

The English representative left, embarrassed.

Changmin’s unique body scent suddenly blew onto his face, Kyuhyun took a whiff. This scent and the scent in Changmin’s scarf before he died were exactly the same; Kyuhyun suddenly covered his mouth, presently running out from the classroom.

Changmin’s face darkened like the bottom of a pan.

He stood there trying to calm down a bit, but still angry, he glanced at the direction Kyuhyun had run away to, and didn’t think before following straight after.

He wanted to ask him what his problem was? He said he likes him. How come once he saw him it was like he meet a ghost.

Kyuhyun ran towards the toilet, breathing a few breaths before calming down.

He stood with his hands on the sink, looking at the tap in a daze.

He felt like he was overreacting a bit.

A few people behind the compartment looked at Kyuhyun, patted his shoulder and said, “Hey, you got a cigarette?”

Kyuhyun’s mood wasn’t good, so the tone used to reply was not so polite: “I don’t smoke.”

“Stop playing dumb, .” The one with tattoos became irritable and pulled Kyuhyun’s shirt collar up.

Kyuhyun was shorter than him by half a head, along with a weak build; he was reeled to the sink.

That person saw how pale and handsome Kyuhyun was; he got even madder and reached out to dig into Kyuhyun’s pockets.

“Let me go.” Kyuhyun struggled violently.

The person grabbed Kyuhyun by his hair, pressed his face to the sink, and cursed: “Just borrowing a couple to smoke, what’s wrong, so short-tempered…”

Before he could even finish speaking, a fist knocked him to the ground.

Kyuhyun was shocked to see Changmin appear in front of his face.

Changmin placed Kyuhyun behind him with one pull, his eyes ice-cold at those that were knocked down on the floor.

Kyuhyun looked up at Changmin’s back, his eyes starting to swell up.

“Who else hit you?” Changmin asked not turning his head, looking at those in front.

Kyuhyun wasn’t even able to answer before the one on the floor already stood back up and rushed towards Changmin. The bunch on the side also immediately joined in on the tangled fighting.

He was injured in his face, Changmin seems like he don't care. Kyuhyun kept looking down listening to First Lady's Speech.

“Oh, you both really, the fight against average-class people early in the morning and in the toilet out of all place!” He deliberately emphasized the word “Average” with an angry face.

An indifferent look crossed Changmin’s face, and he turned his head towards the Chinese Parasol tree outside the window. Kyuhyun felt ashamed. It was because of him, Changmin fought with them.

“I absolutely need to tell your parents about it.” The first lady directly pointed to Kyuhyun and continued “Especially for you, Kyuhyun, you already forgot your weekend homework and look at your grades. Do you still believe you can enter University like this? What is your mother’s number? I need hee to arrive here!"

Kyuhyun clenched his shirt nervously. Seeing this Changmin suddenly said :" He didn't fought. I did."

“What?” The first lady did not expect Changmin to speak suddenly.

“He fights, I went to the bath, the only one who fought was to me.

When the first lady found out, she quickly said in anger: “You are still very proud! I should call your mother instead."

Changmin said without care: " Madam, My mom's pregnant , about to give birth, call my dad over instead.”

The first lady did not even think that Changmin was not afraid to call his parents here, said with trembling fingers. “Okay, okay so you have zero regret! Kyuhyun go back to class and You, Shim Changmin stand here till class is over."

The first lady finished his speech, and drank some water from her water bottle.

While Kyuhyun was ready to defence Changmin, First lady began to say, “If you do not want your family to come over go back to class right now.”

Kyuhyun still stand there looking into Changmin.

The first lady suddenly said, “Do you want to accompany him here?! Go on."

Kyuhyun took a glimpse at Changmin, quickly lowered his head and left office.

Back at classroom, Kyuhyun was somewhat absent minded. He did not know that the chemistry teacher noticed him several times.

Minho whispered to Kyuhyun “Did you fought with class 5? ".Kyuhyun remained silent.

At the end of the last class, in the afternoon, Changmin still not returned yet. Kyuhyun refused to invite Minho to eat together, waiting at the door of the classroom.

When Kyuhyun regained attention, and he found Yunho and Jaejoong standing in front of him.

Yunho asked Kyuhyun “What exactly happened at bathroom? Where is Changmin?"

“ He is still in office."

Yunho looked at Kyuhyun and saw that no sign of fight, he asked. “Why are here then? "

Kyuhyun did not know how to explain, he opened his mouth but can't say anything.

Yunho again asked: “Have you seen Changmin fight with them?”

Kyuhyun nodded.

Yunho immediately became angry: “ you belong to the same class, you saw him fight still you don't help him!! "


Kyuhyun raised eyelashes, just replied “Hm”.

"Leave him alone.". Changmin said, hands in his pockets while waking towards them.

Yunho was surprised by Changmin's sudden voice out of nowhere.

Changmin was slender. his shirt hanging loose on his body, filled with arrogant and handsome aura.

“Didn't got beaten enough?!” Yunho pointed to his mouth and said: “You look all the purple man, who are they? let me beat them up”

“Who are you to fight for me, My dad?” And Changmin shook his head.

“I’m serious, let's them up.”

“ Cool down” Changmin gave him a blank look and went to his place. “You guys go grab something to eat. I am hungry."

“Want me to get you something?" Yunho asked.

Changmin looks good, but he proudly said: “No, I want to go to the hospital to visit my sister. I will eat with Dad."

Yunho was again surprised and asked . “Aunt gave birth!”

“Yeah ” Changmin nodded and threw the bag over his shoulder. “You eat, I’m going home and my dad is waiting for me at the school door”


Kyuhyun remained silent in his place. When Changmin is about to leave, but he looked at Kyuhyun and finally went to his side, and asked “Want to eat?”

Kyuhyun’s eyes became wide with surprise.

Kyuhyun did not answer her question: “Did your mom give birth to your sister Changmin?"

Changmin again nodded.

Kyuhyun got up from his seat and hugged Changmin. Changmin remained shocked. Kyuhyun whispered "Thank you Changmin-ah."

“If you want to thank me, invite me to have bubble tea at Cafe near our School." Changmin replied to Kyuhyun after recovering from his shock.

Kyuhyun let go of Changmin and looked into his eyes surprisingly.

“I’d like to drink bubble tea with you at Cafe in front of the school entrance,” said Changmin specifically.

After nodding, Kyuhyun quickly grabbed his bag and left Class room immediately.

His reward will be never a cup of tea. Kyuhyun knew that he would soon solve Changmin’s big problem in near future.