My Love (YulYen)

Onion's IZ*ONE One Shots Compilation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

i vaguely remember writing this after the 2020 SBS Super ON:TACT Concert and cringed so hard while proofreading that i completely forgot to actually publish this lol

anw, i kept it short for the sake of my sanity while writing.

enjoy!!

 

It was another lazy October afternoon for some of the members of IZ*ONE. Those who have their personal schedules were off since early morning while the rest remained in the dorms resting as they wait for the only group schedule they have in the evening.

For the rest of the members, they took the short break as an opportunity to purposefully spend it on other things.

“Unnie, we’re going out for ice cream. Want to come with us?” Chaewon asked the duck who had been lounging around the couch with her phone since she woke up.

“And be third-wheeling? No, thank you. Go enjoy your date with Hii.” Yena simply answered before starting another game in Kart Rider.

“It’s not a date!”

“Hmm. Be sure to tell her that.”

 

The flustered Chaewon gave her a snarky glare before stomping away from the living room. Yena heard the front door open and a few distinct voices talking but she didn’t mind them, getting too engrossed in her game.

Footsteps can be heard coming near her but she’s never spared a glance at who it could be even when she felt arms snake over her shoulders from the back and then someone’s face buried on her neck. Fortunately for her, she’s passed the finish line first in the race before the person’s breathing tickled her.

 

“Y-Yah… that tickles.” Yena warned while withstanding the feeling in place.

 

A soft deep chuckle filled her ears and the arms tightened their hold around her. Yena moved her hand to reach for the girl’s head, patting it slowly.

 

“Is something bothering you, Yul?”

 

Yuri heaved deep and shook her head still against the elder’s neck. “I just miss you.”

 

She couldn’t restrain the grin from her face just by seeing the hamster the first time in the day and chuckled. “Then come sit beside me so I can hug you better.”

 

Without being told twice, Yuri excitedly went around the couch and sat beside her. Yena discarded her gadget by tossing it on the center table and immediately laced an arm around Yuri who snuggled comfortably to her side.

 

“How did it go?” Yena asked, addressing Yuri’s solo rehearsal that occured earlier in the day while she was still asleep.

 

“It went well,” Yuri paused, a hand absentmindedly clutched on to Yena’s shirt. “…but it was scary.”

 

Yena doesn’t say anything and just holds on to Yuri’s hand, unlatching it from her shirt and clasping theirs together with her own, filling the spaces in between as she continues to listen to Yuri’s sentiments.

 

“I was all alone up there. You girls weren’t even by the stage cheering for me and it felt so… lonely.”

 

Yena squeezed her shoulder and pulled her closer, placing a kiss on the side of her head. Her thumb also gently rubbed circles over Yuri’s.

 

“It was scary to perform all on my own.”

 

“But I’m sure you did great,” Yena finally said and Yuri looked up at her, brows scrunched adorably.

 

“How can you tell?”

 

With a warm smile, Yena looked into her eyes. “Because you said so yourself, it went well. And I’m sure you’ll do even better tomorrow ‘cause we’ll all be there to cheer you on.”

 

Yuri’s cute pout appeared and Yena can’t help but gush over it and squeezed the younger’s cheek. “Gwiyowo~”

 

“Aish! Unnie!”

 

Yuri shoved Yena’s hand away and the latter just laughed.

 

“It’s not funny.”

 

“What is?”

 

Now, Yuri wasn’t just pouting but also glaring at the duck. And Yena, being her cowardly self especially to the younger’s wrath immediately withdrew from her jokester self.

 

“I’m sorry. I will not laugh again.” She even zipped shut and forced a closed smile.

 

“You’re still laughing.”

 

Yena shook her head in denial but that didn’t convince Yuri as much as she wan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter