One

Some
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're a mess."

Wendy said while watching her best friend rummaging through her backpack.

"Oh, shut up, Wendy. Stop standing there and help me instead!"

Wendy is right. She is a mess. Seulgi has already done with her backpack and now moves into her jacket, again.

"You already check that jacket. Thrice, if I'm not mistaken, stop it already. It's just a journal anyway. A new one, right? It is not like you already wrote that much in that book. Come on, I'll buy you a new one if it makes you stop all of this"

But it is not 'just a journal'. Seulgi thought to herself.

"Seulgi? Are you listening to me?"

Maybe this is the way it supposed to be. Yeah. Seulgi you probably already banned from getting acquaintance with all the cute guys in this world.

"Seul?" Wendy said to Seulgi, who ignores her. "Are you really ignoring me over a random journal? Come on, let's buy some dinner. I'm starving."

Seulgi stop what her doing and followed her friend with a sour feeling. "Okay, then.."

 

***

 

For the next few days, Seulgi always goes to a local library near her apartment. Whether it is morning or afternoon, she makes sure she goes to that library for at least once a day. It has been a week already, and she starts to doubt herself. Stupid. Why am I even go this far? He was probably just passing by this area that day.

Seulgi looks around and checks her watch. 2 PM. She's been here for 3 hours already, and now it is 1 hour to go until the library closes.

Today is the last day. You need to stop. Seulgi said to herself.

 

***

 

A week before, Seulgi woke up late and had to go to her class in a rush. She is a first-year student majoring in English Language and Literature. She lives with Wendy, her best friend, who is the same year as she is but majoring in Music Composition.

After the class ended, she went to the library to collect some books for her new review assignment.

"Seulgi!"

Seulgi turned around to see Namjoon walked to her.

"Hey Namjoon"

"Hey. I'm sorry. I've tried to call you, but you're not answering. I want to ask you whether I could borrow any of your Steinbeck novels. I need it for my next assignment. Wendy said you have one" Namjoon said.

"Call? But I don't..... Crap. I must have forgotten to bring my phone today" Seulgi said after realized her phone was nowhere in her backpack or pockets.

Namjoon chuckled. "Forgetful as always aren't you? Guess you haven't changed much since high school."

"And I see yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter