FINALE - into your world

Compelling Affection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Finally. 

The word kept ringing in her head. She had no idea how to express her feelings today, but she was very nervous with the overwhelming white in all places that she felt a bit lightheaded because of it. She's finally here; it's hard to believe that the day had come. After struggling for nearly seven months to prepare for this sacred day, amidst the busy days of traveling and returning to her work, it's here.

It's Yixing's birthday today. It's the the same day that six months ago they had decided to hold their wedding, today. It was nothing big, Jisoo wanted to make the atmosphere as quiet and sacred as possible by inviting only their family and close friends. Not until thirty people would come, and this would only be the wedding ceremony and a simple dinner under the autumn evening.

They had discussed this, that the preparation of the wedding was the decision of the two of them, because too much intervention from outsiders would only make too many unnecessary changes, and Jisoo didn't want it. Six months was quite a long time to prepare everything. Jisoo didn't feel too rushed, and she had enough time to work on the details. Everything was set, she had a chance to watch for the decorating workers doing their job of decorating the venue, moving tables and chairs, preparing everything meticulously, and Jisoo liked what how it went with everything. She took some pictures and sent them to Yixing to show him the sneak peek of the venue, and he replied to her with lots of heart emoticons.

As the stylist was done to help her with the dress, she went to the bride waiting room (the used to be library, which had now been decorated) to wait for the event to start. Minseok and Chanyeol arrived in Seoul two days ago and stayed at their grandparents' house. They'd been spending their time together while watching the workers passing by preparing for their event, while Yixing had just returned from Europe yesterday morning and was a bit jetlagged after staying almost two weeks there, so he hadn't had time to meet them.

"Oh-ho, this is the bride." Sehun poked his head from behind the door and pushed it ajar to let Minseok and Chanyeol, then followed by Soojung to come in.

Jisoo greeted them with a light beam on her face. She leaned forward to let Soojung gave her a hug and tapped the space next to her to have her sit there, before the other men hugged her alternately.

"You really wear mom's wedding dress? I thought you were joking." Minseok looked surprised as he studied the dress.

She nodded with her raised eyebrows. When she first looked for a dress a few months ago, Jisoo didn't actually think of wearing her mother's dress. She was about to look for a local designer to work on it while chatting with her mother and grandmother discussing their respective marriages. Apparently her parents' wedding album was apparently still stored in the library, and they were looking at it together when Jisoo was caught in interest in seeing the dress that her mother was wearing at her wedding ceremony. It's a classic lace and tulle white dress with a long sleeve and off-shoulder neckline, and she loved it right away as she saw it.

It's actually not the first time Jisoo saw her parents' wedding album, but the first time she was interested in the dress that her mother wore. And what a coincidence that her mother still kept the dress, so that same day they took the dress out of her mother's closet, and took it to the designer of her mother's acquaintance to beautify it by adding some crystals and sequins embellishments. She really loved it. It's not that she's stingy or didn't want to bother making a new dress, but Jisoo preferred the traditional feelings by wearing something old that was passed down from her older family. The same thing was also why she chose to hold this event in her grandparent's backyard.

"I remember just last year, at this very room, you said that you're not falling for him. And look at you today, you're really marrying him for real." Sehun commented a moment later. They laughed at her when Sehun was mimicking how their conversation went, and Jisoo still remembered it in detail; how the two of them stood close together on the edge of the window while peering at Yixing chatting together with Minseok on the back porch, how Sehun pulled her out to meet them when she was not ready. She remembered how nervous she was when meeting Yixing in that unexpected dinner.

"It's funny how it started here, and now it's really happening here, don't you think?" Chanyeol added.

"I know, right." Jisoo only shrugged.

"Because of that, Sis, since Yixing would be part of the family, we think that he needs to be protected from your, you know, outrage." Jisoo rolled her eyes when Minseok said that, while the other just laughed at her again. "Hey, seriously. Don't ever be violent when you're mad. Yixing is a pure soul, you cannot lay a single hand on him ever. Just don't."

"Oppa, you're the one who beat these two up when you're mad." she retorted.

"They're not my wife so they don't count."

"Don't throw things at him when you're mad, Jees. Just talk it out, that would be so much better." Sehun then said while holding his laughter. Soojung was cracking up in disbelief that Jisoo had that side in her, and Sehun told her that one time when Jisoo really threw a vase at him when he made her mad. It's a good thing though—he said—that the vase was missed, but what Sehun didn't know was that Jisoo actually missed him in purpose.

"Don't tie him on the headboard either," Chanyeol chimed in, and they really burst into laughter this time.

Jisoo rolled her eyes again, "Guys, you don't even know anything about us, yet you make me sound like a torturer. It's unfair." she protested. Like seriously, although she knew that they were just joking, it's quite annoying that they used the reference of her past behavior like she would really do that on Yixing. Even though she wouldn't deny that she had indeed these thoughts of throwing at him with things when she was vexed with him, Jisoo never really had the heart to hurt him physically.

She was violent to her brothers or even Chanyeol because they deserved it, but Yixing was different, period.

"Put the joke aside, I'm really really happy to see how beautiful you are today. You're finally getting married to the love of your life, it won't be an easy and always sparkling pinky journey, but I wish you a lifetime of love and happiness." Minseok rose to give her another hug, tighter and longer this time, and Jisoo tried to hold back her tears as she saw him in glassy eyes. "And maybe some tiny Yixing or tiny you in the near future?"

"That would need some more waiting time, Uncle, but thank you though."

She exchanged more hugs with the rest of them, and Kyungsoo happened to knock on the door at the very right time to take their pictures before they were gone to meet the guest who just arrived some moment later.

Yixing's family members came to see her wish her a happy marriage. Yixing's mother looked a little pale but looked much happier than ever to see her in the wedding dress. Jisoo didn't expect that his uncle's family would come to their wedding, especially his wife who didn't respond to their RSVP—but Jisoo still counted her in in case she would come last minute, which she did—and wished her another happy marriage. Their daughters didn't look happy with how 'ordinary' she looked nor the venue itself, but Jisoo didn't really take their condescending look and comment to heart.

She only knew that Yixing had arrived when Luhan and Yifei visited her in the waiting room. Yifei unlinked her arm at the crook of his elbow when they went in, and for a glimpse, Jisoo caught their look at each other that she thought she was seeing something.

"The groom wants us to check on you." Luhan said once he hugged her and sit on the chair nearby, "I'm glad to see that you look composed."

"Is he okay?" Jisoo asked.

"He's, well, like a cube of melting ice this morning."

"He's practically panicking, but you know Yixing when he's panic," Yifei added in, and Jisoo nodded her head in recognition. "Luhan stayed with him last night, and he said he couldn't sleep. He forgot everything, like where he put this and that. He forgot the lines, his brain wasn't functional, so we spent the morning just to calm him down. Seriously, I've never seen him like that for the whole of my life."

Jisoo chuckled to hear her. She remembered this one time when she cried for the first time in front of him and he was panic, to think about it again, the panic Yixing was actually adorable though not more than his drunken state, it's worth to watch.

"Are you nervous? How are you feeling?" Yifei, who sat next to her, asked while tidying up the neckline of her dress.

"I'm, well, I don't know. I want to say that I'm kind of nervous, but everything feels so bland inside." she replied to her.

"You'll be fine. It's just one more step and it's done."

Jisoo nodded at Luhan's words, and she exchanged the knowing stare with both of them alternately before they laughed and both of them left her alone in the room after Kyungsoo took their picture.

"I know Zhang Yixing is the one marrying you, but I think I'm luckier than him today." Kyungsoo said once there were only both of them in the room.

"Why is that?"

"Because you look terribly beautiful today, and I got to see this much earlier than him." he said, and it made her laugh instantly. She tried to control her laugh as not to be heard from outside the room, but it wasn't so hard not to crack up with his words. "I haven't got the chance to congratulate you though. Happy wedding, Professor, may the years ahead be filled with lasting joy. Thank you so much for having me on your special day, especially as the only one who got invited from all the people in the university."

"I'm the one who should thank you, Kyungsoo. You're a very good friend of mine, and I had no slightest idea what I would do without you in my hardest days. And it's Jisoo, not professor." she corrected him and reached out to take his hand, and they were silent for a while just to nod at each other.

"You're welcome, Jisoo. Congratulations again."

"Thank you again, Kyungsoo."

Their little chatter was cut with a knock on the door, and Jisoo was surprised to see Yixing's grandfather came in with her own grandfather.

"Here it is, the lovely bride."

Jisoo couldn't help but smile brightly to see her two old men. They had a small talk about the weather and her feelings and everything, and Jisoo was tearing up to see her grandfather was crying happily to finally witness her having her wedding. Kyungsoo slid off from the room only to come back with the stylist, who then helped her to fix her makeup.

And it's exactly when Yixing's yeye fished out something from the paper bag that he took with her there. It's a square navy velvet box, and he gave it to her to open it to see a diamond tiara in it.

"The queen of Denmark gave this to my wife so she could wear it on her 55th birthday, but unfortunately she didn't make it to her 55. I've been keeping this to give to the first bewed grandchild of mine, and it happens to be you. Would you like to wear it?" 

Jisoo was speechless, she just couldn't believe that yeye gave her one of his family heirloom, the one who once belonged to his wife instead. It felt really overwhelming. She thought that she couldn't just accept the gift because it's too much, but she didn't have the audacity to refuse him. So she nodded. 

The tiara was very very beautiful, it's a small triangle diadem with diamonds forming the small buds of oval tendrils of leaves and pearls in some of its leave. The stylist helped her to put it on and fixed her loose updo hair. She then stood before the huge mirror to see herself, and how her traditional dress now looked much more royalty with the presence if the tiara itself, especially when she didn't wear any jewelry besides the ring that Yixing had given her. It's just perfect.

 

And when the time had finally come to the ceremony to start, Jisoo took a deep breath when her father came to pick her up from the room. She linked her arm to the crook of her father's inner elbow and walked with him to the back porch where Yixing had been waiting for her just at the edge of the stairs to the backyard.

When their eyes met, Jisoo was lost at words. Yixing was a good looking man, and Jisoo shamelessly admitted that it's indeed one of the charms that once had lured her into his life. But today he looked drop-dead gorgeous in his black suit, white shirt, and black bow tie. Two weeks being far away across the world, and he came back with her favorite bangs making a curl at each side of his fine forehead, his hands linked to each other and she could see his crown ring in his right forefinger. And as she stood before him, Jisoo just spotted the two leaves brooches embedded at the collar of his suit jacket, and they looked identical to the tiara on her head like they were actually a set.

They stood there for about a minute, just to look at e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter