021 - a brother's rage

Compelling Affection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"So, did you have your make-up yet?"

Jisoo spouted the tea she was drinking and got herself coughed from choking. Minseok, who was sitting at the head of the table, snickered, while Yixing simultaneously rose to hand her his napkin from across the table. He frowned and looked at Jisoo and Minseok in turns with confusion, questioning the intent of the out of nowhere question.

"Oppaaaa!" she squealed, her voice was muffled by the napkin but still loud enough to hear to get her brother back into his mischievous chuckle. She was taken aback by his sudden so-called interrogation, he didn't even have any business to mention it, especially when Yixing was around. It's really embarrassing.

"What makes you think we need make-up ?" Yixing, with his worst timing in satisfying the curiosity, asked her brother back in his flat tone and typical stoic face. Jisoo furrowed her brow at him, was he really going to play along with this?

Jisoo, as a matter of fact, had the feeling that she knew the answer to his question. It must have been something to do with their conversation last night, about her off-behavior that Minseok had been noticing for the whole day, and his suggestion to talk it out with Yixing. But, but, she didn't have to report it to him, did she? Why would she even talk about it to him? Especially when Yixing was around?

"I noticed that my sister has been acting so off yesterday and I'm asking this because it would be completely awkward to be around you when both of you are not in a good term." Minseok bit his toast, a smirk at the tip of his lips and Jisoo was this close to punching him just to wipe that smug on his face. "Have you heard? They said make-up has the same type of effect of on the brain. It makes you high and momentary bliss, bringing you up from the low of an argument to a type of ecstasy that can only come from an ."

Yixing raised his brow, making a 'why do I need to hear this' face when Jisoo dropped her head, covering her face with both hands. "Oh, God. I can't believe I'm listening to this for breakfast," she said.

"Oh come on, we're adults." Minseok waved his hand, "I'm not against premarital , though I have to say, as a brother," oh, not with 'as a brother' speech, Jisoo sighed. She hated Minseok, she hated him playing brother at times like this. "I want you guys to be responsible, still. Please, I beg you, don't get my sister pregnant before you guys get married," he told Yixing, who nodded with a salute while holding back his laughter.

It's embarrassing, Jisoo couldn't even raise her head to face Yixing for the things her brother said. Minseok was protective, she's aware of that. She remembered the last time they had this conversation was when he visited her and Sehun at their apartment, with Chanyeol there too, to take care of her from any desperate hands hoping to score to her. She recalled how awkward it was, knowing the deal that she had with Chanyeol, but no one of them had the dare to tell Minseok about it. Hell, she had no idea that even someone like Chanyeol would act like a lost puppy in front of Minseok, he could be that intimidating sometimes.

At least the tension wasn't that high this time. At least Minseok didn't pressure Yixing like he had done to Sehun and Chanyeol. Maybe because Yixing was older than the latter two, or maybe her brother found him much trustable than them, she had no idea. But STILL! It's still embarrassing no matter what to have this conversation with her fiancé here.

"Okay, stop! We just talked, alright? God, Oppa, I can't believe it." She exclaimed so they stopped talking about the topic once and for all.

"And kissed," Yixing added shamelessly in that stoic face, Jisoo glared at him feeling betrayed and dared him to say another word. "But that's all. No ," he said again as if it's necessary to clear up any misunderstanding. And he shrugged to Jisoo and mouthed to her 'just saying what he wanted to hear or he won't shut up', but since it made sense, she just rolled her eyes.

Minseok, on the other hand, sighed in relieved with a hand on his chest. Just like what Yixing said, he smiled happily as if it was what exactly he wanted to hear, "Oh, good. Stay with kissing only, no more than that before you get married..."

"Oppa, I'm not a child. It's not your business of what I do in my private time."

"Hey, look what your private time in the past has done to you. You should've learned the best from your experience rather than talking back at me." he scolded her seriously. And the words were pierced into her heart sharply that she was speechless.

"Okay, I'm out."

And she was offended. The chair's legs made a screeching sound when she dragged it backward and rose up to leave the table, she was about to go back to her room when there's a bell sound from the front door. She spun around, signing the maid that she would take the door, and walked to the other way in silent.

In retrospect, Minseok was right though, she had made a terrible mistake by trusting the wrong person in the past. But again, she was young and naive, and stupid. She was much more responsible right now, she could protect herself just fine. She knew exactly what she was doing, and this was really something she didn't need to hear right now.

"Good morning!"

Jisoo was a bit surprised to face a chirpy Chanyeol when she opened the door, Sehun was standing next to him and they pushed forward to get in but JIsoo held them from entering. Like, seriously, couldn't the situation would be more awkward than this?

"No, no. It's not the right time for you guys to be here. Get back here in two hours." she said putting her elbows on Chanyeol's chest. And Sehun chuckled behind them, ruffling her hair playfully.

"Not now, Jees. We have something to tell you, let's get inside," he said while pushing Chanyeol from his back thinking that she was playing some jokes with them.

"Hey, hey. I'm serious! Please don't get inside, I'll tell you later why." she half-yelled in a whisper.

Chanyeol looked down, put his big hand on her head and tilted it up so she met his doe eyes looking at her questioningly. "What's wrong with you?"

She hissed frustratingly, and about to tell them what's going on inside when she head the maid said 'oh, It's Mr. Park Chanyeol and Mr. Oh Sehun, Sir.' to tell Yixing who the guests were from the hallway. She clicked her tongue, it's impossible to just let them leave because Minseok would be suspicious. But she was awfully aware that letting both Sehun and Chanyeol joined the table when Minseok was preaching about an adult's responsibility to Yixing was not a good idea. And Jisoo regretted every step she took to get back to the dining room this morning when Chanyeol decided to ask about it to the older men about her strange behavior instead. 

"Why is she acting like it's the apocalypse for her?"

"We're having that conversation I gave you a few years back, and she ran away because she hates to admit that I'm right about a thing,"  Minseok replied to him, still in his collected tone. And several things happened at the same time here. 

"You're being a jerk." Jisoo retorted as she slumped herself next to Yixing.

Sehun winced a little when he took a seat on her previous seat, he threw his gaze to her and Chanyeol alternately while pursing his lips. Next to him, Chanyeol laughed awkwardly and scratched his temple while glancing at her for a second before he had his focus on his satchel bag, searching something in it. Amidst the tension, she couldn't not notice the disapproving look that Yixing threw at, well, she had no idea to who exactly. But she didn't have to keep the curiosity for too long since he had turned his hand back to Minseok,

"You've had this conversation with him too before?" he asked her brother but with eyes threw a knowing look to Chanyeol.

Jisoo seriously had no idea what to make of this situation. What was this unspoken expression that Yixing gave meant, and why did he act a bit defensive with the question when he knew the history. Jisoo was nervous to hear Minseok's reply and where this conversation was going, she didn't want to have another big secret unraveled before her eyes after all the humiliation she felt to Yixing. 

For the umpteenth time this morning, she sighed in defeat.

"I had the conversation with all male friends my sister is close with, which fortunately only three of you. And I was glad about that because I just can't imagine her to be among a bunch of irresponsible men who are trying to take advantage of her gullibility."

"As I said, I'm not a child anymore. You can stop playing protective brother, I'm a better person, and I can protect myself just fine without you preaching at my fiancé about what he should do or shouldn't do to me." she snapped, and now Yixing glanced sideway to give his disapproving look at her, his hand squeezing her thigh, seemingly a bit taken aback at her audacity to snap at her own brother.

And if the tension couldn't be any higher, Minseok threw his hands to the air depressingly,

"For God's sake, Jisoo, all I'm trying to say is it's my fault that I failed to look out for you. Mom and dad are not always around and so am I. I should've been your guardian but I let that bastard take the worst of you and now look what he's done. I won't let this happen again, I'm still your brother and you're my little sister no matter what, and this is my way to fix this. You can throw me all the profanities but I'll keep doing this because this is the right thing to do."

For a few moments, no one spoke in the middle of the heat of the argument. Everyone there seemed equally surprised by what had happened. This was the first time Jisoo had had a fight with Minseok in her entire life, both of them had never lost their cool like this. Minseok had been used to be very calm and rational, he tended to listen and calm the atmosphere. Jisoo didn't remember ever having him raised his tone at her before. But what made her even more surprised was that she himself snapped at her brother, so it's kind of shocking her too.

Jisoo put her eyes on her clenched hands on the table, her heart was beating erratically, and she tried not to get out of control with her anger. She took a deep breath and let it go quietly, then she turned to meet her eyes with Yixings who stared at her in an unreadable expression. She had no slightest idea what was on his mind, but to be honest, she couldn't care less for this moment.

It was until exactly a minute later that Chanyeol clasped his hands to ask everyone to take a deep breath and exhale to calm down. Minseok brushed his face with his hand.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say it like that. We all want to fix this the best we can, I shouldn't have raised my voice. It's not fair for you." she heard her brother said a moment after that. And when she didn't say anything, Yixing elbowed her, murmuring something like 'go apologize, you're at fault too' before she looked up and said her sorry for snapping at Minseok. 

"Hey, if it makes you feel any better, I'm quite conservative myself." Yixing decided to step in, "So, uh, don't worry. I will never try to take advantage of anyone's situation for my own benefits." Jisoo was totally aware that the words were directed for her even though Yixing was speaking to Minseok. It's not surprising though since she had expected this the least. That just explained his high tenacity in self-control, and she was glad to know that since she personally wanted it that way too.

"Oh, yeah. Thank you. I know I can always trust you." Minseok said with a relieved smile.

It's just a minute later that she realized his words were actually too sharp and sounded like an innuendo, and when she looked up, Yixing was having this staring battle with an offended Chanyeol. And Jisoo stopped that battle by punching him on his thigh because he's acting irrational and unfair. Yixing turned his head to her and smiled as the only response.

"Well, since it looks like we are civil enough to speak like real adults, there are a few things I want to say." Chanyeol cleared his throat and put some files on the table. "So, my friend managed to track down some of the IDs who uploaded the photos for the first time in several communities. And as we've expected, all the IDs end up in one big account, including the same account that uploaded the video later. The problem is, this ID cannot be tracked directly from outside Korea, so we need a tracker from within the country who can finish the job," he said.

"I know one, I'll connect you to him," Yixing responded immediately, he took his cellphone out of his vest pocket and sent someone's contact to Chanyeol's number.

"Good, very good." Chanyeol accessed his own cellphone when he heard the new message notification, "Sehun and I have reported this case, and once we got the accurate location of the account owner, we will move right away to get him. A summons letter and minutes of the claim have been sent to all the sued targets, they will have to report within three days or be forcibly arrested. And this includes a letter to the dean of the graduate school of politics, government, and communication as well as university rector to respond to our demands to make an apology statement also within three days. And I have also met with the reporter from SBS News, we agreed to air this news after we succe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter