The Fairy Godfather

Destiny Equals You and Me

 

Dee’s crying…AGAIN! And I know it’s not because of that performance- well maybe I wish it was the reason but the truth behind her tears is no other than Seunghyun! Saw how her eyes flickered to the empty chair that was occupied by that best friend of hers moments before our performance.

 

I hate to see her crying over that insensitive “best friend” of hers! His only consolation is that he doesn’t know he has the powers to make My Princess cry because if he purposely would, I’d punch the daylights out of him!

 

My eyes went instinctively towards her cheeks wiping the tears that flowed endlessly. She smiled as if reassuring me that she’s okay but I know it’s the other way around. Gave her looks that says you-can’t-fool-me and she just sighed.

 

The cheerful noise behind us tells me that our friends arrived already. We were engulfed into their brief hugs as they muttered their congratulations. I was kinda taken aback by their reaction to our performance since we all did well.

 

My gaze never left upon Dee as I watch her chatting cheerfully too cheerful for that matter that I know there is something wrong going on within her. A tap on my back distracted me momentarily, its Dongwook hyung.

 

“Congrats Jae, best performance for the night I might say.” He said surprising me and he’s been eyeing me as if assessing me like I am a painting in the museum. Then he shifted his gaze to Dee and then towards me again smiling knowingly.

 

I muttered my thanks shyly but my attention was now on Dee as Seunghyun arrived and as usual bringing Tiffany along with her, an exasperated sigh escaped my lips.

 

“Waiting for someone you love to fall for you and not doing something is like wishing to win the lotto jackpot and not betting.” Another Dongwook-only-knows-riddle escaped from him, making me look back at him questions evident on my eyes but I think I know what he means.

 

“Know what Jae? Our Dara’s known for her strong will pigheadedness if you may say straight to the point, but deep onside that strong façade of hers lays a fragile child.”

 

He looked back at her memories clouding his face then continued talking.

 

“When she’s just barely three, Dara loves playing in the rain so much that she managed to escape her guards and played outside the storm. A branch fell off her and she cried for help until they managed to get her out of it almost without life and soaked in the rain for hours. Right after that incident she hated rain and grew afraid of what she loved before.”

 

Before going on his story he looked at her again concern evident in his face.

 

“I am afraid if she kept getting hurt like this she might turn her back on love and I don’t want that to happen, she’s too precious to end up like that. This is what I will ask of you Jae, don’t hold back, do everything before it’s too late.” Concern laced his voice then he squeezed my shoulders as if giving me the courage I badly needed.

 

“You are one hell of a poet hyung, but thanks!” I grinned at him.

 

Dee must have seen our serious conversation that she marched towards us, castigated hyung for hiding me from my fans. I could see that she’s quite uncomfortable with the attention she’s getting. Without wasting time she dragged me towards the noisy people waiting to ambush us spearheaded by of course the forever annoying Seungri.

 

I shot a grateful glance to Dongwook hyung, he just nodded and smile as if saying way-to-go-Jae do it now! Not wasting any second I tightened my grip on Dee’s hands earning a curious glare from her. Shrugging my shoulders and smiling at her as if holding her hands is not unusual she returned my smile as we paved our way towards our friends, behind us is my very own fairy godfather.