Reason behind his absence

Destiny Equals You and Me

 

I’ve been busy these past few days that I barely see Sansan and my friends. I never thought organizing a school program can be this exhausting and then do some stuff that I never thought a president of a student body does. My schedule is so packed that it has been a month since I attended the weekly gathering our group usually had.

The last time didn’t go well since Chaerin and I had a little misunderstanding because I brought Tiffany with me and Chaerin accidentally pushed her to the pool, she almost drowned to my horror. When I saw her crying and remembered that she has a phobia in deep waters, it ticked me up and caused me to raise my voice a bit at Chae, to which I regretted instantly. However I didn’t have much time to explain myself to them that lead them to treating me coldly these days.

GD and Bom, my group mates for the program, are obviously avoiding me. Ji just sends me an audio file through email so that when we practice we don’t have to spend too much time with each other, even Bom doesn’t tease me the way she does. If we practice with everyone they would make sure that it would be as fast as possible.

I sighed remembering that I haven’t had the chance to talk to Chae and tell her how sorry I am.

“What’s with the sigh? Are you okay?” a voice from behind my back woke me up from my reverie.

“Oh it’s nothing shall we go?” I gave Tiffany a smile then held out my hand, she did not accept it and just stood there.

“Is this still about your friends and the accident last month? I told you to talk to them already and even offered that I talk to them but you refused.” She said placing her hands on her hips.

“Don’t mind them, they’re just a bit upset but they’ll soon come out of it and don’t mind me because I’m fine just a bit tired.” I answered to which her eyes widened.

“Then you should go home and rest, are you really okay?” she felt my forehead with frown adorning her face.

“Stop worrying about me I already told you I’m fine right? Let’s get you home now your parents must be worried we’re running a bit late already.” I grabbed her hand gently and we made our way towards the parking lot.

“I’m sorry, I ruined your relationship with your friends, because of me they’re avoiding you and even treats you coldly.” She stopped at our track and when I looked back tears are threatening to fall from her eyes I immediately gave a hug to comfort her.

“Shh, don’t cry, if only they knew about your situation they’ll understand what I did. I’m sure that after we explain to them you’ll all be friends, you’d like that wouldn’t you? So stop crying now it might be bad for you.” I wiped the tears on her face then smiled upon seeing her face beaming at me.

Last month before I brought her to our weekend gathering, I learned from her parents that she had this disorder where she frequently experiences exhaustion that leads to asthma-like attacks like short breath, fainting and the likes. That’s the reason for my panic upon seeing her on the pool, shivering, she also has a phobia in deep waters.

After that incident I immediately brought her home because she refused to be taken to the hospital and told me she had enough of those stinking institutions since she was a kid. Luckily her parents were there and assured me that everything’s alright but protectiveness suddenly kicked in so I stayed for the night just to watch over her. Right after that I never left her alone if I could and always sends her home after class.

“Thanks a lot!” she thanked me before boarding the car.

“No need to thank me, anyone on my shoes would definitely do the same.” I opened the passenger door for her.

“Nope not everybody, definitely not everybody.” Pain flickered in her eyes.

“Did you say something?” I pretended not hearing it.

“Nothing.” She replied.

I know about the ex-boyfriend who left Tiffany upon knowing her condition, her parents told me about it explaining why she isn’t comfortable around with boys. They told me specifically not to mention to her that I know about it since she doesn’t everyone to pity her.

“Hey hurry up, Mom’s inviting you to dinner.” She rolled the windows down and smiled upon reading the text she got.

“Coming, Madam!” I playfully bowed to her which earned a delightful chuckle. I guess I have to postpone my visit to Chaerin’s again.