Is This Love?

Alpha And Omega
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If you can hate someone you love, is it possible to love someone you hate? The thought lingered in my head for a while as I rested against the hard trunk of the oak tree in the school yard. Literature class really makes us think deeper about our lives. From the meaning of a colour, what an object would symbolize, etc. But when thinking of how the hidden message can impact the emotion of the overall story it's very impressive. I love it when an author is good at these things, they have my respect.

I dwelled on the thought of loving a person, there is no one in my life. I have never loved a person before (aside from my family). What was it like to love and to be loved? The most I can do is like a person as a friend, but to love a person was a mystery. I cringe every time when someone says they fell in love with someone at first sight? How would that be possible? In my opinion it's infatuation, how can you fall for someone when you don't know anything about them?

The day continued on as the other students carried along with their daily activities. Here at my school, it's different from any other school. Of course we have classes as usual, but here the students are divided into two groups. The Alphas and the Omegas. No it's not some ranking thing, each group has it's own mix of rich, poor, and middle class students, so there is no discrimination in each group. The problem with the groups are with each other. The Alphas hate the Omegas as much as the Omegas hate the Alphas. We even have separate buildings for our dorms, and rest areas. The school itself is the one place you would find us mixed together aside from the common grounds. Everyone usually is in there own space, because when we mix things get serious. If you're wondering which house I belong to, it's the Omegas. Our houses are chosen by the way we think and our personality traits. Omegas tend to be bold, daring, and even reckless. Where as Alphas are more prim and proper, and elegance is something they live off of.

We always find a reason to hate each other, and the faculty understands this completely, that's why we have a special rule here.

Pranks are permitted.

Well......it's not an actual rule made by the school, but one that was made by the students. As long as we're not caught by the professors or headmaster, we are fine. Well....... by students I mean the Omegas, I mean who wouldn't want to mess with the Alphas? Plus, it doesn't apply to just using them on Alphas, you can even find some Omegas messing around with each other. The Alphas don't take part in these things because they claim it to be "improper".

Did I mention the use of magic? You can think of it like Hogwarts and the Harry Potter movies, but without all the wands, potions and all that extra stuff. Everyone can use magic when ever they want. I can just flick my wrist and make a bucket of water splash on someone. Or if I was feeling hungry, I would make an apple appear in front of me. No one abuses their powers which is a good thing, there aren't anyone who would use their magic for evil. Well......there are some, but they are a different race.

I continued to ponder on the thought of maybe finding my other half......but who? I know a few people, but I don't see myself with them in any romantic way. Just thinking about this is making my head hurt. I sighed and gave up on the thought, laying my head back onto the tree trunk with my hand behind my head. Taking in the warm breeze of the spring day, life is amazing if you stopped to enjoy it once in a while.

I was in the common area so there were Alphas wonderi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter