Chapter 16

Focus On Me

You have dedicated the few days after Youngjae’s party to Jinyoung’s birthday which is tomorrow. It is his first birthday with you and you want to make it as special as possible. The amount of time and effort you put into it is a clear indication of your love for him. You are not in denial. You just know what you want. You want to have a complete relationship with Jinyoung and a physical one with Jaebum. You are taking him away for a romantic weekend, just the two of you. Luckily since your trip with your friend was cut short, you had some extra cash saved up so you get to spoil him like he deserves.

“It’s not enough”, you shake your head and grab sunglasses. Jinyoung currently has on a mask, a cap and a hoodie but you are still able to recognize him. Maybe it’s just you. Maybe only you could find him in a crowd of people dressed exactly the same. You know his height that rises above you, you know the angle his back curves when he walks and you even know the sound of his footsteps. His body and mannerisms are more familiar to you than your own.

“No one is going to expect me to be on a plane with my girlfriend”, he says, “So they are not going to be looking”. He starts removing everything from his face, that gorgeous face that you fell in love with all those months ago. How can he be so beautiful? “Why are you staring at me?”, he asks. “It’s hard to believe you are mine sometimes”, you say truthfully. He puts his hands around your waist and pulls you in, “I am all yours”. You kiss him and let it wash away the feeling of not being able to say those words back to him.

~~~~~~~

Okay so it isn’t the fanciest trip since you couldn’t really afford much. But it is definitely intimate and romantic. You found a special on one of those overwater bungalows and it is absolutely stunning. No one here knows who Jinyoung is, which is perfect. Since you flew in today, you have done nothing but swim in the beautiful ocean and indulge in the best local cuisine. It really is paradise. After a very late dinner and dancing, you leave him with the other tourists to go prepare his birthday cake. It’s 20 minutes to midnight and he will meet you back here 5 minutes before he turns a year older so you can celebrate together.

You change out of your dress and into one of the lingerie sets you and your friend purchased just yesterday. The bungalow doors are open, so the heated air from outside enters, making you want to jump into the cold water outside. Even in this thin laced material that is barely covering you, it feels like you have too much on. You place the candles on the cake and wait to light them. There are still 10 minutes left. You take this time to check your messages which you have ignored all day. The group chat has about 200 which you will read once you are back home. Then there are messages from your bestie wanting details and your mother checking up on you. You reply to your mother and tell your friend she will get every single detail when you see her. In the mix of messages from everyone else, you see Jaebum’s name.

This trip was supposed to be about Jinyoung, no Jaebum at all. But you are curious and read it anyway. It’s a pretty generic text telling you to have a fun weekend. You wonder how it feels for him to say things like this to you. Does he actually mean it? Does he actually want you and Jinyoung to enjoy your romantic getaway? The phone starts ringing and you drop it from the surprise. Why is he calling??? He’s not just calling. He’s video calling. Before you can question it further, you answer the call. His face looks more surprised than yours probably is. He doesn’t say anything and exhales sharply. “What’s wrong?” you start to panic. “Is Jinyoung with you?”, he asks, further adding to the worry that you feel.

“No, he will be here soon, can you please tell me what’s going on? Are you okay?”. “How”, he says, “How can I possibly be okay when you look like that and i am not with you?”. Your heart starts racing when you remember what you are wearing. It completely slipped your mind when you saw his message and then you saw him calling. You immediately bring the phone close enough so only your face is visible. “I”, you struggle to find the words, “I didn’t realize… sorry”. Why are you so embarrassed by this? He has seen you . You were actually covered this time, well more than before.

“No, I’m sorry", he snaps out of it, "I don’t know what I was thinking. I wanted to see you. I noticed that you read my message and the next thing I knew I was calling. But I shouldn’t have called. I’ll wish him tomorrow. I won’t disturb your night further”. He hangs up before you can say anything. The phone rings again. It’s Jinyoung. “Can I come back to our room yet? There are a lot of drunken old ladies wanting to dance with me and I am running out of ways to turn them down”. You giggle, “Why do you have to be so irresistible then… it’s a blessing and a curse… and yes you can come back”. You hang up and go into the bathroom to change out of this set and into another one. It doesn’t feel right spending the night in it with Jinyoung after Jaebum saw it first and had that reaction. Luckily you packed a few different versions.

You light the candles and hold the cake waiting for his arrival. The moment he walks through the doors, his eyes move up and down you. He is completely oblivious to the cake at this point. The alarm on your phone goes off, signaling midnight so you sing happy birthday to him and he blows out the candle. “Happy birthday my love”, you feed him a piece, messing his lips with the icing on your thumb just so you can it off. “Is that a preview of tonight?”, he grins, “You cake off me?”. “Oh honey", you smirk seductively, "there are a lot of things I plan on off you tonight”.