Chapter 19

Bells, Bills and Bubbles of Blues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

a/n: Don't forget to read the a/n at the bottom! :D

 

Chaeyoung gently pushes Jungkook’s hand off her waist once they’re out of the hall where the wedding and the reception take place. She leans her back on the wall, shoulders slumped as she looks away. The frown resurfaces on her face.

 

“Why did you do that?” she asks.

 

Jungkook is standing right in front of her. He takes a moment to respond. “I had to do what I needed to do.”

 

It’s part of his job, she thinks. He’s just doing what he’s paid to do. Act like her boyfriend. And he did it naturally, just like how he wanted.

 

“Right,” she mutters bitterly. Chaeyoung pushes herself off the wall and straightens up. “Well, I’ve attended the wedding, so your job is done. Thanks for not bailing out. You’re free now.”

 

She exhales sharply as she tries to leave but stops short when Jungkook catches her finger. It’s a very gentle hold on her index finger. She doesn’t have to snatch her hand away to free it from him. She can just continue to walk and her finger can easily slip away from his two fingers. But she stops herself and she doesn’t know for what.

 

“Are we not going to talk about what happened in there?” Jungkook asks.

 

She scowls before turning around to face him. “I already thanked you. What else do you need? You want to gossip about him?” she spits bitterly.

 

Jungkook’s brows are furrowing deeply at her, slowly letting her finger free and she hates that part of her that begs for him to take her finger back into his hold. Take her whole hand, maybe both of her hands. Or maybe take her entire body into his embrace.

 

“I was not referring to that,” he sighs before looking straight into her eyes. “I don’t even want to talk about him. Heck, I don’t give a damn about him.”

 

“So what do you want?”

 

Jungkook stares at her long with his forehead creasing. “You want to explain to me why you walked away from me earlier?”

 

Chaeyoung shrugs. “I don’t know. I probably wanted to bump into Chanyeol,” she replies sarcastically. When Jungkook stays silent, she sighs heavily. “Look, your job is done. So, I don’t think-”

 

“Are you upset with me?” he asks softly.

 

Chaeyoung exhales through her nose and shrugs.

 

“Is it something that I said?”

 

She shrugs.

 

“Come on, talk to me, babe.”

 

She shoots him a glare. “Don’t call me babe,” she says, the word ‘babe’ falling off like it disgusts her.

 

“Why can’t I call you babe?” he lifts an eyebrow.

 

Her eyes are narrowed. “Seriously? Why? Because we’re- we’re not anything! We were fake dating and now that the wedding is over, Chanyeol and everyone else except for my friends are convinced that I’m not a loser, your job is done, and so is the fake relationship!”

 

Chaeyoung spins on her heels and begins to step away from him. Once again, she stops when Jungkook blocks her with one single arm. She groans in frustration as she pushes his arm from blocking her way before stomping away furiously.

 

“Are you being serious right now?” he asks as he matches her steps.

 

“Oh, great. Now it’s one more person who doesn’t take me seriously,” she throws her hands in the air. “Everyone does think that my life is a whole joke. Because I’m just a big joke.”

 

Jungkook grabs her elbow, stopping her immediately from walking so fast that she’s stumbling. “Chaeyoung,” Jungkook’s tone is grave when he mentions her name.

 

His eyes, though, are soft when he gazes down at her as soon as she dares to look at him. He leads her, rounding the corner where the hallway is quiet and away from people. Chaeyoung pulls her elbow from his grasp, crossing her arms over her chest. He sighs softly before a light smile crawls on his face.

 

“Is this about the breakup?” he asks.

 

Chaeyoung rolls her eyes. “Which breakup are you talking about? I’ve had lots of-”

 

“Our breakup,” he cuts her gently. “I’m talking about our breakup.”

 

Chaeyoung doesn’t answer, because she wants to cringe at herself of how she is obviously upset over this breakup. A breakup for a fake relationship. She wants to shrink until she’s the size of the tiniest cell so no one can see her, feeling embarrassed after pouring out her heart just to get reality slammed square in her face.

 

“Do you actually want to continue this?” He looks at her quizzically. “Because I don’t.”

 

She thinks her eyes are burning because the word ‘yes’ is at the tip of her tongue. She feels like in any second she’s going to shed a tear. She swallows hard. “I get it. You don’t have to repeat. I heard what you said, alright? You want this to end quickly because you don’t do pretend, you’re only pretending to be fine with this whole agenda. I get it, okay?”

 

Jungkook’s lips part, stays that way as his brows are drawn together. He stares at her for a few more seconds.

 

“Can I ask you a question?” Jungkook asks with a smile. When she doesn’t respond, he breaks into a chuckle. “Can I kiss you?”

 

Chaeyoung looks at him in disbelief. In the moments of her heart breaking, he’s laughing at her misery while asking for something like that. Does anyone even take her seriously? “You’re unbelievable,” she grits at him.

 

“Me?” Jungkook points at his chest with his big doe eyes widening. “No, you’re unbelievable.”

 

Chaeyoung rolls her eyes at him. “You know what, forget it. I’m done.” She tries to make her escape but Jungkook once again stops her, gently holding to her two arms and put her back into place.

 

“No, we’re not done talking.” He takes a deep breath and she can see his struggle to keep himself from smiling. “Look, I’m going to make this clear to you. When I first agreed to this deal, I regretted it right away,”

 

Chaeyoung exhales sharply as she pushes his hands away. “Okay! I get it, okay? I told you I get it. You don’t have to say that again and again to my face that you don’t like to be in this stupid agreement. It’s done anyway. You should be glad that you’re finally off the hook. Forget everything that I told you. I am sorry for ignoring you for the past few days, but just forget the rest that I said.”

 

Jungkook’s smile only gets wider before he begins laughing. “Oh god. You clearly don’t get it.”

 

Chaeyoung knits her brows when Jungkook glues his hand to the wall next to her shoulder as if he needs support to stand there as he continues to laugh softly. She shakes her head with an annoyed sigh. “If you don’t stop laughing, I’ll-”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter