Chapter 11

Bells, Bills and Bubbles of Blues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The wedding is nearing and Chaeyoung is freaking out over the phone that Jungkook has yet to secure himself a good suit. “I swear I forgot. But, I do have a suit I can wear, I don’t think they’re that bad.”

 

“But I want you to have something new,” she whines on the other line. “Also, I think I saw something that’s going to suit you.”

 

“Oh…” Jungkook smirks. “So I have been on your mind a lot for you to think of what will or will not suit me.”

 

She’s silent for a second. Jungkook can vividly imagine how flushed her face is at the time.

 

“Don’t flatter yourself,” she says with a scoff that sounds far from being a serious scoff. “I just don’t want my date to look like a 5 in front of my ex. If you’re attending the wedding with me, you gotta look like a 10.”

 

“Sure, whatever you say, sweetheart,” he laughs.

 

“S- sw-?” she pauses and is silent again, longer this time and there’s only a soft sound of her breathing. “I don’t trust your fashion sense too,” she awkwardly adds and Jungkook tries not to laugh out loud.

 

It doesn’t offend him in any way, he just finds it so hilarious how she’s putting this much effort to get herself out of this situation. He imagines those naturally puffed up cheeks of hers slowly going pink before they go red. He remembers when he softly pressed a kiss on her cheek, the warmth of it. Maybe too warm, even.

 

Jungkook doesn’t always dress to impress. Heck, he doesn’t even remember the last time he did that. Probably when he was still employed. Chaeyoung’s harmless insult of his fashion sense doesn’t even affect him emotionally. He doesn’t care much of what people think. He favors his comfort over anything else when it comes to the clothes he’s going to be wearing. But he does have some stylish outfits saved for rare days.

 

When he decides to show up in front of the department store that they’ve agreed to meet, wearing a simple outfit but knows so well that he looks dashing in it, it really is not to impress anyone including her. At least, that’s what he thinks.

 

Maybe despite the insult doesn’t seem like she really meant it, he still wants to assure her that he will not let her down.

 

Chaeyoung doesn’t really hide the shock on her face when he approaches her, wearing a black leather jacket over a black shirt paired with ripped navy-blue jeans. He had considered on not leaving his bucket hat, but eventually he did, opting to roughly push his hair to the back, fully exposing his forehead this time.

 

“What are you wearing?” she breathes.

 

Jungkook chuckles. “An outfit that doesn’t fit your taste.”

 

She looks up at him in confusion. “I never said that.”

 

“I thought you said,” he makes an air quote, “I don’t trust your fashion sense.”

 

She visibly gulps. “That was obviously a joke,” she forces out a nervous laughter that makes a smile so threatening to pull on his face.

 

“Oh, so you’re saying you love my fashion sense?” He raises a brow. “Do you like what I’m wearing?”

 

“That’s not what I said,” she says with a scrunch of her face and runs her gaze down his outfit with a shrug. “It’s fine, I guess.”

 

“You trust my fashion sense,” he says as a statement.

 

“Maybe,” she shrugs once more before she lets out a soft grunt. “Come on, let’s not waste time.”

 

“Do I still look like a 5?”

 

“Probably 7.”

 

“The way you looked at me when I first arrived tells me that I’m at least a 9,” Jungkook smirks.

 

“You were hallucinating.”

 

“Sure,” he laughs.

 

“Well, whatever, let’s find you a suit.” She pulls the sleeve around his wrist.

 

Once they’re inside, Jungkook follows her around as she searches for the thing that she said will actually suit him while at the same time, pulling hangers of clothes off the racks and throwing them all into his arms.

 

“I can’t find it,” she groans and Jungkook watches her with an amused smile as she mutters to herself, “Why can’t I find it? Why can’t I find it?! I swear it’s in this store. Dang it.”

 

Chaeyoung finally turns to him and gestures at the changing room. “Someone must have bought it. That’s alright. Try them all.”

 

Jungkook does as he’s told as he goes into one of the empty rooms and starts changing. He opens the door and spreads his arms at her with a brow lifted.

 

Chaeyoung makes a thinking face, shaking her head. “Hm, try the other one.”

 

It goes on and on, like a déjà vu as he keeps on going into the room to change into the suits she’s picked, stepping out of the room just to see her wrinkling her nose in disapproval -not to mention, she does it cutely – before she asks him to change into a different one.

 

“This is nice,” Jungkook says as he fixes the necktie and checks himself out in the mirror.

 

“Not as nice as the one I saw the other day,” she huffs. She walks away and gets him a different blazer and slim fit pants, tells him to change into them.

 

In the end, she sighs heavily, disappointment is evident in her voice as she mutters to herself of how nothing beats that one particular suit that she saw the other day.

 

Jungkook groans. “Make up your mind. This will actually do. And so are the five suits I tried!”

 

Chaeyoung’s forehead creases for a second before she shakes her head vigorously. “No, no, no. You’re just going to look like a… 7.”

 

Jungkook narrows his eyes at her.

 

“7.5 tops!”

 

He sends her a look of disbelief before he flatly says, “You round that off, I’ll be an 8. If I do my hair, I’ll be a 9.”

 

“Still less than 10.”

 

He throws his hands in the air. “Why do you act like we are the ones getting married?”

 

And with that, her lips are zipped, eyes quickly averted to somewhere else. She pouts, and Jungkook sighs with a smile as he softly shakes his head.

 

“Look,” Jungkook says as he stands in front of her while she’s sitting with her shoulder slumped. “Do you trust me?”

 

She looks up at him at the same time he kneels before her, their eyes following each other’s. There’s a shift of expression, clearly shown in her eyes as she swallows.

 

“Do you trust my fashion sense?” he asks. “If you do, let’s go back to my apartment and I’ll show you the suits that I have. You decide which one that I should wear to the wedding.”

 

*

 

“This is where you live?” she asks as soon as she’s inside of his apartment.

 

It’s not as spacious as hers, but it looks beyond her expectation. She expected some basic, improperly decorated apartment with lots of things missing, like maybe empty walls and dull paints and lack of furniture. However, it’s modern, everything inside looks simple but very, very pleasing to the eyes, very neat. Looks manly, feels manly apart from the feminine pleasing smell of his air freshener which makes the whole place seems very comfortable and feels a lot like home.

 

“Why?” he bursts into soft giggles. “You thought my place will look like a dumpster because I was almost homeless?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter