Pregnant Date Night

Pregnant with Kyungsoo's baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kyungsoo!” You shriek loudly. Your chest is heaving, your face is bright red, and you are two seconds away from stomping your foot like a little girl. What, exactly, had brought you to this almost tantrum? The AC in your house isn’t working, and it’s the peak of August. Also, you’re 35 weeks pregnant, and overheated.

You hear the sound of Kyungsoo rushing to you, and he appears in the doorway of the bedroom you two share, eyes scanning quickly over your form. “What? What is it?! Is it baby?” He’s so sweetly concerned, and a little terrified. Normally you would find it adorable, but you’re too sweaty to even think about it.

“Baby’s fine,” you grumble and glare at him like the AC breaking is his fault, “but baby’s mommy isn’t. It’s bleeding hot in here and I can’t take it.”

Kyungsoo visibly relaxes when you say that baby is fine, even though he has a pregnant wife in distress. “I’m sorry love, I know it’s bad, and I called the repairman, but he won’t be here until tomorrow.”

You practically snarl in response. You’re standing in your bedroom, stripped down to your underwear and bra, sweating. Even almost , you’re sweating. Kyungsoo’s eyes widen at the angry noise you make, and you can almost see the calculations swirling in his head as he figures out how to make things right.

Deep down, you know none of this is his fault. It’s not Kyungsoo’s fault that this August happens to be one of the hottest on record. It’s not Kyungsoo’s fault that the air conditioner broke at the most inconvenient time. It’s not Kyungsoo’s fault that it’s absolutely sweltering inside, even with the windows open.

But it’s hard not to be angry at him anyway. The heat just stokes your temper like hot coals in an oven, and you can’t quite control your emotions. And Kyungsoo just so happens to be the only person around to direct your anger towards.

Suddenly, Kyungsoo’s eyes light up. “Darlin’, what if I take ya out to a late lunch, early dinner? Ya said you’ve been cravin’ Italian, yeah? Why don’t you take a cool shower and dress and we’ll go out, have a date or sommat?”

Kyungsoo’s smile is so soft and sure, it actually melts your heart. There’s a part of you that doesn’t want to move, but staying home isn’t a good idea. And you guys haven’t had a date in forever; you’ve been so tired lately, so content to lay in bed. And who’s Kyungsoo to complain?

“Alright, sure,” you breathe out, and Kyungsoo tosses you a grin and a wink. “But I’m showering alone, because that’s too much body heat to handle.”

His grin fades a bit, but remains all the same. “Alright, love. Ya take your time, okay?” With another soft smile in your direction, Kyungsoo shuts the bedroom door and leaves you in peace.

Feeling a bit better about life, you head to the bathroom and strip fully, turning on the cool water in the shower. The water feels refreshing against your heated skin, but you really only rinse, squealing under the cool temperature. It’s such a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter