Chapter 9

Always Find You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9

 

After the couple had bid their goodbyes to the crew members, they headed back home to their shared apartment. The two had agreed to this decision since Yoona was always going to be by Jessica’s side even at work, so it was just convenient if they lived together. She was now Jessica’s manager as the blonde once promised during their high school years. Of course, there were better-qualified candidates but Jessica only wanted her beloved best friend to be the one who scheduled her life. No one knew her greater than Yoona, period.

Right when Yoona closed the door of the vehicle, she extended a tired sigh and slouched down onto the seat. 

“Everything alright?” Jessica asked. 

“Yeah, I’m just exhausted from today.” 

The latter pressed the start button on her Mercedes-Benz and began to reverse out of the parking lot. “What did you do today?” 

Yoona hesitated to answer. “I got a few phone calls and a bunch of meetings I have to organize. All of this management is making my head explode.” 

Jessica placed her hand on the latter’s. “Just take a day off if you need to.” Yoona nodded obediently.

“Did you… happen to go to that place today?” Jessica started, seeing the doe-eyed’s desire to not answer her question. 

“Well, it’s the 8th of this month, isn’t it?” Jessica stayed quiet and continued to focus on the road. “I’ve lost those types of feelings for her a long time ago. I only visit that place because she was once our friend. You trust me, don’t you? When I say I’ve moved on?”

Jessica faced the younger girl after stopping at a red light. “Of course I do.” They displayed affectionate smiles for each other. 

Yoona’s stomach growled out of the blue that made the latter chuckle. “Have you eaten yet? Let’s stop by at a restaurant first.” 

 

 

 

Jessica drove themselves to one of their favourite steakhouses. “It feels like yesterday that I was here. I still remember clearly each and every moment I had with you at this place.” Jessica commented while scanning through the menu with delight. “Do you remember this restaurant?”  

“Of course I do! How can I possibly forget? It was the place when you confessed your feelings to me.” 



 

Flashback



 

Jessica had invited her best friend to dinner at this luxurious steakhouse after obtaining the courage to admit her feelings for the past number of years. The restaurant is ranked as one of the top steakhouses in the country and offers only the very finest and freshest meats, seafood, and vegetables available; highly appealing to the Shikshin. However, when Yoona received the invitation, she came through entirely oblivious that Jessica’s intention was to confess. 

Jessica arrived first, sporting a Blanc & Eclare orion dress over a plain white tee and along with slip-on sneakers. She didn't want to dress too casually because this meal was immensely important to her as she didn't want to overdo it either. 

Just moments later, Yoona entered the building. Of course, the girl wore casual clothing but even with a simple outfit, she appeared attractive and outstanding. Her beautiful smile was enough to make Jessica fall in love with her again as if she had met Yoona for the first time. 

“Can we start off by saying how gorgeous you look tonight? I can’t take my eyes off of you, Yoong.” Jessica complimented, gazing at the latter in admiration. 

“Quit saying nonsense! I literally threw on some jeans and a t-shirt. You’re the real beauty here.” The waiter had given them their menus. 

Jessica chuckled, knowing she wouldn’t be able to change the younger one’s mind. “Feel free to order whatever you’d like—this one’s on me.” 

Yoona’s eyes lit up. “Really?”

“Don’t regret it later.” She warned after Jessica had nodded.  

Jessica elevated this dining experience by organizing a live performance, featuring internationally acclaimed artists with tremendous culinary skills. Yoona was impressed without a doubt. The well-mannered and respectful girl poured a glass of red wine and placed it on the opposite end for her friend. Yoona was touched by the latter’s gesture.

“Thank you.” She said as Jessica nodded in response. 

“Was there a reason you brought me out here? It's unusual for you to take me to such a luxurious location, given how inexpensive you are.” 

Jessica was embarrassed after the doe-eyed had interpreted it and laughed to ease the awkwardness away. “You sure know how to make one sound like a selfish friend.”

“I’m sorry, did I really? I didn’t mean it like that.” She sheepishly smiled. 

“No, don’t worry about it. However, I am not cheap—successful people just don’t waste their money on unnecessary expenses.”

“That’s right,” Yoona replied, un wanting to upset Jessica to any further extent and agreed to make her satisfied. 

“The reason I invited you here tonight was because I actually have something to address.” 

Yoona’s facial expression immediately turned serious. “What is it...?” 

Emotions were storming the insides of the blonde. Jessica was always a well-composed lady t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter