Chapter 3

Always Find You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

 

Yoona was wandering around the city looking for some street food sold nearby. She couldn’t decide what she wanted to eat but had eventually made up her mind and purchased herself a freshly fried hotteok that warmed up her frozen fingers. Yoona took a bite of her food allowing steam to release into the air and the mozzarella cheese stretching out from the bun. She moaned in satisfaction, expressing how tasty it was, in addition, that she was really hungry. Before the doe-eyed even knew it, she finished her food feeling as if it was only a second. 

Yoona walked back to the exact spot she had left before but couldn’t find her friends anywhere.

Where did they go? 

Her stomach growled again, tempting the girl to go back for more food. Yoona’s hunger got the best of her and there she was, waiting in line for another hotteok. 



 

Yuri was exhausted from searching for the girl. At this point, she gave up and began to just stroll through the festival hoping she would encounter Yoona in the meantime or that Jessica would have already found her. The streets were still filled with people so it was difficult to look around. However, Yuri coincidently found a familiar figure sitting on a bench and approached her with a bright smile. 

“How’s that hotteok?” 

Yoona brought her head up realizing Yuri was standing in front of her and blushed, embarrassed the latter had witnessed her shoving a bun up her face. 

Yuri shook her head in disbelief and crossed her arms. “Do you know how worried I was? Thinking you were kidnapped or something bad had happened to you while you were just here stuffing that fatass of yours this whole time. That better have been worth it.” 

Yoona chewed her food and swallowed‍‍ it before speaking. “Why were you worried about me when I told you I was going to get some food?” 

“Huh? When did you say that?” 

“When you were busy recording the parade.” Yuri couldn’t recall that ever happening. Maybe the latter did inform her but she just didn’t care enough to listen.

“Oh, y-you did…?” 

“Do you ever listen to what I say?” 

“Of course I do!” Yuri protested. 

“Yeah right.” She continued eating her food, not believing a single word the tanned girl claimed she does. 

“Whatever, let’s get back to Jessica now. She’s worried sick about you too.” Yoona’s heart sank after hearing about her best friend and had suddenly lost her appetite. 



 

It was unpleasantly quiet for both of them as they were each in their own worlds thinking about life and whatsoever. Yoona snapped out of her thoughts when she felt the latter’s touch and caused an immediate reaction.

“W-What are you doing?!” 

“What? I’m just holding your hand.” Yuri calmly said.

“Why?” Yoona was so dumbstruck with the unexpected gesture, she could barely get anything functioning through her brain.

“Because I don’t want you to get lost again.” 

“Don’t worry about it, I won’t.” 

“Who knows? It’s better to be safe than sorry and you’re a kid so you're more likely to.”

Yoona was taken aback, slightly offended and pissed off at the latter’s comment. “First of all, I wasn’t lost and secondly, I am not a kid!” 

“You’re basically a kid for leaving all of a sudden because of food.” 

“I told—!” Yoona paused her sentence because she didn’t have the motive to argue with the latter anymore. There was no point when Yuri would somehow find a way to prove that she was right even when she was clearly wrong. 

“What’s wrong?” Yuri asked. 

“Nothing.” Yoona clenched her teeth together when the older one wasn’t looking and threw her fist up. She immediately dropped it when Yuri turned around, therefore, the tanned smirked in victory and took the latter’s hand again. Although Yuri was only holding her by the fingers, Yoona still felt uncomfortable and had hoped it was going to end soon. 

Yuri’s hand was flawless and well manicured. What can you expect from a young and beautiful lady like the heiress of the Kwon family? Her long fingers had wrapped around Yoona’s, covering them protectively to make sure they wouldn’t slip out of her sight again. Yoona didn’t take part in this act and had just let the latter do her work since she wanted to hold her hand in the first place. 



 

Jessica was running all over the streets searching for her best friend but she couldn’t seem to be successful. After a moment of pacing down the city, she recognized her jacket from a distance making her instantly knew it was Yoona and had sprinted towards that direction.

“Yoona!” The doe-eyed girl turned back to watch her best friend leap into herself. 

“I was so worried about you. Why didn’t you pick up any of my calls?” She tightly held onto the girl. 

“I’m sorry for making you worried, but I never received them. I think I might’ve turned off my phone.” Yoona hugged her best friend back feeling the coldness off of Jessica’s cheeks against hers. A sin she felt she had committed was making her friend feel this sort of way. Jessica cared so much for her but the only thing Yoona ever returned back was pain and distress, considering that she was already hurt.  

“I’m just glad you’re fine.” When they broke off their affectionate embrace, Jessica stared below at Yoona’s hand. The Ice Princess fumed with anger, melting away all of her coldness from her body.

“What’s this?!” She shouted, pointing at their hands. Yoona quickly retrieved her hand back to her pocket as both of them were speechless and couldn’t explain to Jessica what they were doing. Now that Yoona thought about it, she didn’t understand why she hadn’t denied Yuri’s action before. She swore that she was getting dumber each time she was with the tanned.

“Let’s get going...” Jessica walked a decent distance away from the couple and dried her eyes that grew wet. She didn’t want the others to witness her emotions. 



 

I wish I can always be the reason you smile. 

 

I wish that you will eventually see my love for you is real.

 

I wish that you will be in my future even if I don’t know what it will hold.



 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter