Chapter 4

Always Find You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4


 

Yoona had noticed something particularly unusual after Yuri came to school. The tanned was wearing sunglasses. They were black and had tinted lenses, making it impossible to see the eyes of its owner. The sun wasn’t nearly blinding, quite cloudy actually. And even after sitting down in class, Yuri refused to take them off. Yoona had to admit Yuri did seem far more attractive with shades on as if they were meant to be. 

“Why are you wearing sunglasses at school?” Yoona asked, fully curious to know what the reason was.

“Because I like to, got a problem with that?” 

“To be honest with you, you look like a complete idiot wearing them right now. We are legit INSIDE the building.” 

Yuri didn’t bother explaining which increased the younger one’s eager to uncover the truth. “Okay, whatever.”

Yoona was so desperate that she could have ripped those sunglasses off and expose what the latter was hiding, but she scrapped that idea considering it would’ve been just plain rude. Whatever Yuri was hiding was something personal and she knew better than to invade it. 



 

Yoona was lost in her mind, spinning her pen between her fingers until it had slipped right off her hand and dropped under Yuri’s desk. Without even saying a single word, the considerate latter automatically reached below to grab the pen, causing her shades to slide down spontaneously. Yoona widened her eyes at the horrific sight only from a glimpse of the side view. She forcefully pulled Yuri by the shoulder from behind and had instantly stopped the girl when she attempted to put the sunglasses back on. Yuri placed her hand in front of her face to cover the dark purple bruise below her eye.

“Y-Yuri… what happened to you? Did Hyoyeon do this?” Yoona spoke in an anxious tone. She took a better observation of the injury and could mentally feel the pain every time she stared at it for longer. 

“Of course not! I just got hit by a ball; a baseball.” Yuri lied to prevent the latter from worrying. Hyoyeon may not have actually been the culprit that left the tanned with this injury, but she was the most reasonable suspect of doing so due to yesterday’s tension. 



 

Flashback



 

Yuri and her eye-smiled friend were waiting for a taxi after attending dinner at a luxurious restaurant in downtown Seoul. “How can the streets be so packed on a weekday?” Tiffany exclaimed while holding onto her best friend’s arm for warmth.

“The typical Seoul for ya.” The eye-smiled girl suddenly released the latter’s arm to pat the back pockets of her jeans as if something had gone missing.

“What’s wrong?” Yuri concerned, realizing her friend was acting in such a way.

“Yuri… I-I think I’ve been pickpocketed.”

The tanned immediately searched their surroundings and eventually made eye contact with a suspicious man. Yuri knew he was the thief when he executed his next move. The man tried to escape by running away. However, the crowd delayed his movements causing the fearless girl to catch-up and ruthlessly grabbed him by the shoulder.

“Where do you think you’re go—” He threw a stern punch directly at the corner of Yuri’s right eye. The tanned girl dropped to the ground, recovering from the unexpected action while fuming in anger that she let the thief escape with Tiffany’s wallet. 

“Yuri!” She heard her best friend from a distance making her way to help.

“Are you alright?” Yuri got herself off the ground and dusted her pants.

“Yeah, but your wallet…”

Tiffany shook her head. “No, forget about it. How’s your eye though?” The latter carefully touched the injury, earning a cry from her best friend who was in pain. “My god, I’m so sorry!”

“It’s okay—I think I’ll be alright.” Yuri had a pink bruise that was beginning to darken and had to carry on her evening from the view of her left eye as the other one stayed closed shut. 



 

Flashback End 



 

“Does it hurt?” Yuri wore her shades back on to stop the latter from asking any further.

“Yeah, but I’m fine as long as I don’t apply any pressure to it.”

“You’re so careless to get hit by a ball.” 

“And you’re insane to think I have the capability to dodge a ball that’s travelling at 60 miles per hour.” Yoona shook her head in disapproval. 

“But I do seem pretty badass with it on, right?” 

“You just look like a thug, no girl would want to approach you.” 

“If that’s true, then you wouldn’t be here with me right now.” Yoona rolled her eyes at the latter who was grinning proudly at her. 



 

-



 

“Come over to my house—I’ll make you bulgogi. I just bought some freshly cut beef yesterday at the supermarket.” Jessica insisted as the doe-eyed was instantly drawn from the sound of the latter’s invitation. She purposely bought the meat to attract Yoona, knowing her best friend wouldn’t resist on food.

“I can’t wait any longer! I’m so hungry~” Jessica chuckled while the two girls walked out of the school entrance. Just as they were about to leave the campus, the latest model of a white Audi A7 Sportback parks in front of them. To their surprise, Yuri steps out of the vehicle with her stylish shades, catching almost everyone’s attention. 

“Get inside my car and I’ll drive you back home.” She asserted, flashing a charming smile.

“Stop showing off, I’m already heading to Sica’s place.” Yoona uninterestedly commented. Yuri paced towards the couple and grabbed the younger girl by her wrist.

“C’mon, let’s go.” 

“What are you doing? Let go of my hand!” Yoona retrieved her arm.

“Weren’t you waiting for me to take you home?” She tried to take hold of the girl the second time.

“Let me go!” The doe-eyed shouted, causing a scene at the school entrance. 

“Can you keep quiet?” The tanned exclaimed in frustration. At this point, Yuri was making a complete fool out of herself because her plan was not being successfully executed. The latter was embarrassing her in front of everyone and she didn’t know how to convince the stubborn girl to just get her into the car.

“She doesn’t want to go with you—let her be.” Jessica defended her best friend.

Yuri definitely had something up her sleeves when she smirked at Jessica, reaching over to whisper into the younger girl’s ear. The Ice Princess heard a gasp, along with a sudden change of attitude from her friend and was stunned after she stated her next phrase.

“I’m sorry Unnie… I’m going

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter