Chapter 8

Always Find You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8

 

While waiting for the chauffeur to pick her up, Yuri could only think about the doe-eyed and their previous moment with content. Her surroundings were suspiciously dark and deserted with street lights that had lit up parts of the path ahead. Suddenly, an unfamiliar, black SUV drove closer to the tanned and parked beside her when it made its destination. Two men in black suits exited the vehicle and grabbed a hold of the girl to force her inside the car. However, Yuri resisted, using all of her strength to get the men off. When she was successfully freed from their capture, the tanned made a run for it as they quickly chased her down. 



 

“Don’t test me. Resign from the board of directors immediately and that’ll be the best for you. You dare have the courage to confront me, and I won’t leave you two alone.”

Mrs. Kwon was frightened by the man’s threat through the phone call. “This situation is between you and me—don’t involve my daughter into it.” She demanded. 

“Why wouldn’t I? She’s your only heiress so she’s important to you. Think carefully unless you want something terrible to happen to her. I’m being very kind and polite to you right now. We were allies before, weren’t we?” He stated before ending the call. 

“Mr. Kim! Mr. Kim!” She shouted at her device. Her heart was racing rapidly as she struggled to call the chief on the phone due to the constant shaking. “Hello?! I want you to locate where Yuri is at this very moment!” 



 

The black-suited men had no intention of losing their target like merciless predators, hunting the heiress as they were soon exposed to the road filled with active automobiles heading in every direction. Yuri was exhausted but it was her life that she was fighting for. With her foot landed on the pavement, she continued to run without caution about her surroundings. 

A bright, blinding light was shined her way from a distance that led her squinted eyes to grow larger. And before she could react for a split second, the tires of the four-wheel vehicle screeched in the most unpleasant and deafening sound and slammed into the tanned’s body. The men came to a halt with their act after witnessing an unprompted accident, leaving Yuri on the ground in cruciating pain. She remained conscious although the tanned felt she was going to faint anytime soon from seeing the amount of blood that was loss. Laying there helplessly as Yuri battled to endure the injuries, a phone call could be heard from her pocket.



 

With her newly replaced phone, Yoona searched up the meaning behind the sunflowers that the tanned had gifted.

Sunflowers symbolize loyalty in love and strong bonds between two people. They are known for being “happy” flowers, making them the perfect gift to bring joy to someone's day. Find a beloved that is just like the sun with its relationship to a sunflower; providing warmth and light for the flower to grow to their full potential. 

A small curved to the lips had quickly transitioned into a pleasantly broad grin when Yoona was able to hear the tanned’s voice. It was as if she was present and singing her song besides the doe-eyed like a few moments ago. Could she admit that she was falling for Yuri this easily? However, a small portion of sadness was weighing Yoona’s chest down because she already missed the latter. Wait. 

Her phone number. 

The doe-eyed rushed to her contacts and was immediately drawn to a distinct name. It didn’t require much effort for Yoona to recognize that number when she readout, “Daddy” and could only scoff in disbelief.  



 

Yuri picked up the phone after noticing the ID caller was a significant individual who she wanted to conclude her last seconds of living with. 

“Hello? What took you so long?” Yoona initiated but wasn’t given a response. She persisted anyways. “Mmh… I was wondering if it is possible for me to take you out for lunch before you leave tomorrow.” 

“Hello?” She said again, checking her phone to see if the call had even gone through. “Why aren’t you answering me? Is this some kind of prank you’re playing right now?” 

Yuri couldn’t bear to say a single word to the latter. The world was becoming a blur and her head was spinning as if she was twirling endlessly after a teacup ride at the amusement park. Yoona’s voice had echoed inside the tanned’s blank mind and her eyelids were desperate to meet. 

The doe-eyed was infuriated that the other end was taking her patience for granted. “Yah! The hell is your problem?! Why can’t you respond to me?!” 

And of course, silence was all she received. She clicked her tongue and took a chance to collect her temper. “Is it true that you really love me…? We’re so different, I don’t know if we could stand each other for long. You won’t regret it, will you?” 

Little did Yoona know, the tanned had gone unconscious. “Yuri, hello? Are you still there? Anyways, how about 11 am tomorrow, okay? I’ll see you soon.” She ended the call, gazing at her device in bewilderment. 



 

The young heiress was immediately rushed to the hospital after she was found collapsed on the ground by her men. As she was being taken inside an emergency room, the entire building was surrounded by news reporters, hungry for any striking informati

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter