SUNDAY, JUNE 9TH 2019

Smoky Heart

 

 

His eyes slowly fluttered open and he was greeted by bright white light. Yunho felt his head ache badly. He didn't have a clue where he was and why he was there.

Yunho knew that he was in a hospital due to the white gown he was wearing and the beeping coming from the machine on his right. He felt the bed uncomfortable therefore meaning he wasn't lying down in the comfortable bed that Jaejoong and he shared.

Why was he in the hospital?

Yunho felt foolish. What had he done that had gotten him hospitalized? Jaejoong and he were supposed to enjoy their night picnic. Yunho was going to propose. They should be fiancés right now! Yunho knew he couldn't have proposed...Right?

"Yunho!" He turned to his left and saw Jaejoong sitting on a chair in shock to see him up. Yunho could see Jaejoong looked tired. "Oh my gosh...You're woke up!"

Yunho had opened his mouth to say something until the door opened and in came a feminine young man (who looked to be about eighteen) with golden blonde hair entered the room with Heechul, Yoochun and Kangin following in tow.

Damn, something bad must have really happened to me, Yunho thought as he saw so many people in his room.

"Hello sir, um...Can you tell me your name?" The young man asked as he glanced down at the clipboard in his hands.

Yunho wondered if it was the man's first day at the hospital. He his lips, knowing the answer, "I'm Jung Yunho."

"Okay," the young man jotted something down and smiled proudly. He looked back at Yunho, "Your birthday?"

"February 6th." Yunho answered without having to even think about it. He guessed he was doing well by the look of the nurse's smile.

"Do you know why you're here?" The young man questioned him, not smiling or frowning. Yunho shook his head. "Apparently you tripped and fell back and hit your head on a brick. Head injury. We wanted to make sure you were fine."

Yunho's eyes widened, "Oh God, I out?"

"Seemingly so, my friend," Yoochun answered for his best friend. He glanced over at Jaejoong, "Your boyfriend is a klutz."

Heechul rolled his eyes, "There's more than Yunho being a klutz to worry about, isn't that right, Yun?" He wriggled his eyes and Yunho gulped.

He still had to propose to Jaejoong.

Why had he tripped though?

"Well you did pretty well, Jongin," Heechul told the young man and ruffled his hair, making the young man groan.

"Heechul hyung!" Jongin groaned before he exited the room, promising that Yunho was pretty much fine and the doctor would come in soon just to make sure.

Yunho wondered how Heechul knew Jongin the nurse. It wasn't a main concern and he wasn't the one who questioned the cat diva how he knew the young male who was working at the hospital.

"How do you know him?" Yoochun was the one to ask Heechul about the male nurse.

Heechul replied, "He's related to Jonghyun on his umma's side I believe. But they're related."

"How do you know the relative of your cousin's boyfriend?" Kangin questioned Heechul. "I didn't even know that."

Yoochun snickered, "I know Heechul's cousin that at dancing apparently." He crossed his arms and looked like he was in deep thought, "I guess the black hair, plump lips and snow skin runs in your bloodline?" Yoochun suggested as he eyed Heechul.

Heechul nodded in agreement, surprised to have actually realized that himself, "Damn, I just noticed that myself. Plus we all at dancing and-"

Jaejoong interrupted his cousin, "Heechul hyung, I think it's best that we talk about the important thing right now....Which happens to be all about Yunho's health."

"Sorry Yun." Kangin apologized.

Heechul tilted his head and raised an eyebrow at Jaejoong, "Have you told him yet, Jaejoong?"

"Told me what?" Yunho asked, looking at his boyfriend and then back at the cat diva.

Jaejoong glanced at Heechul with a nervous smile, "I did but then this happened."

Heechul nodded, "Arasso..." He glanced at Kangin and Yoochun, "Let's give the couple some alone time, shall we?"

"What did Jae have to-" Yoochun begun asking until he was dragged out by Heechul.

Yunho was no longer focused on the reason to why he was at the hospital or Jonghyun's cousin that Heechul knew about. Yunho had been lying to Jaejoong about the phone call about the Hanchul couple having issues. He was just thanking Heechul for helping out with the date.

"Jae, what was Heechul hyung talking about?" Yunho asked as he sat up and turned directly to his boyfriend.

Jaejoong frowned, "Um...I told you something serious before you tripped and out when you hit your head."

Yunho hated the fact that he didn't recall a thing Jaejoong had said to him. His boyfriend said it was important. He felt bad.

"Can you tell me again, please, Jae? I don't remember." Yunho begged as he took Jaejoong's hands in his own. He loved holding his hands.

Jaejoong didn't smile, he looked down at his lap as if he was trying to avoid eye contact, "I...I told you that I'm pregnant."

Yunho's eyes widened. Those words sounded familiar for a second.

I'm pregnant.

Then he remembered. Jaejoong and he were lying down on the red blanket near the Han River during their night date. Jaejoong had said that he had something important to tell him and he did too. He was going to propose but instead he let Jaejoong tell him what he needed to.

As they stood together Jaejoong revealed to him that he was pregnant and Yunho had to register those words. He remembered falling backwards now.

"Oh my...." Yunho was lost for words. He was speechless. Now he had time to react since last time he out.

He was going to be an appa.

Jaejoong and he were going to be parents. They were going to have a baby. A daughter or son, but there was a little life they had created inside of Jaejoong's stomach. In nine months the baby would be born and brought into their lives.

They would have to choose a name. Turn of the rooms into a nursery.

Yunho had heard about males getting pregnant but it wasn't as easy as females getting pregnant. When gay males found out there were a possibility that they could naturally have their own child, they hoped they could.

He knew some males wouldn't all be able to but he felt lucky that Jaejoong would be able to.

Yunho smiled happily and got up to embrace Jaejoong into a tight hug. He wondered why Jaejoong wasn't hugging him back. He pulled away and saw that Jaejoong looked flabbergasted by his reaction.

"Jae, we're going to have a baby!" Yunho expressed his emotions joyfully. He kissed Jaejoong's cheeks, "Aren't you excited?"

There were tears streaming down Jaejoong's cheeks, "I...Yunho, I was worried that...I was afraid you wouldn't find this news good."

Yunho couldn't believe Jaejoong had been scared to tell him this. It was a shocker yet a good one. Babies were always a good surprise. And he loved Jaejoong and wanted to spend the rest of his life with him. Now they would be able to including their child.

He felt bad that Jaejoong had been worried.

"Jae, I'm sorry that you were worried to tell me," Yunho apologized. "I'm happy that we're having a baby. I'm happy that I'm going to be an appa!"

Jaejoong blinked in surprise, "...Really?"

Yunho nodded, "Yes, Jae, I am elated!" He caressed Jaejoong's face, "We're going to be parents, Jaejoong...That sounds like a dream."

Jaejoong's eyes sparkled, "You mean it, Yun?"

"Yes," Yunho kissed Jaejoong's lips. He placed one of his hands on Jaejoong's flat stomach, "We're going to be so happy."

Jaejoong giggled, "We are."

Yunho was about to kiss Jaejoong again until he remembered that he hadn't given Jaejoong something important. He hadn't asked him something important either. He removed his hand from Jaejoong's stomach.

"Where's my jacket?" Yunho asked.

Jaejoong looked around to the other chair in the room and grabbed the black jacket and gave it to Yunho. "Heechul hyung said there was something you had to tell me."

Yunho took his jacket and checked the right pocket and grinned when he felt the box. "I do." He was happy that when they married they'd be saying those two words.

He took out the black box and Jaejoong looked at him confusion. Yunho had been waiting for this moment to arrive.

"Remember when it was New Year's and I promised that one day I would be marrying you?" Yunho asked as he held the box in his hands.

Jaejoong eyed the box and then Yunho, he nodded, "I do remember that. Gay marriage was finally legalized."

Yunho nodded, "Exactly and...Now is the time," he replied. He opened the box and took out the ring and took Jaejoong's right hand, "Kim Jaejoong, I love you. We met so young...We've been together for such a long time. I've always wanted to find my soulmate, to be in love like my own parents. Some people don't believe in soulmates. Damn, I don't even know if I fully believed that...

Telling someone that you need them or that you're their world can be a bit overwhelming. My wish isn't to pressure you into anything, Jaejoong. But you aren't my first love. You're my only love. I would never hurt you. I'm going to always love you and our baby...So...Kim Jaejoong, will you marry me?"

Jaejoong had his eyes and mouth wide opened by Yunho's proposal. Yunho had been happy about the news and now he was proposing. The day couldn't get better.

"Yes, yes, Yunho," Jaejoong said as Yunho put the ring on his ring finger. Jaejoong wrapped his arms around Yunho's neck, "I love you, Jung Yunho."

Yunho grinned, "I love you, Kim Jaejoong."

 

 

~~~