SATURDAY, JUNE 8TH 2019

Smoky Heart

 

 

Yesterday had been a pretty good day to him. Nothing excited or out of the ordinary which was always a good sign to Yunho. Eunhyuk, Taemin and him had congratulated Hyoyeon and Eunbi by taking them out for lunch. They thanked them and said they'd have to visit and vice-versa which they all agreed to.

Jaejoong and him had a nice dinner together and even watched a new film Eunhyuk had recommended. It was White Valentine with Jun Jihyun and Park Shinyang. When Jaejoong had figured out who the lead actress, he raised an eyebrow at Yunho.

The dancer acknowledged long ago in the beginning stages of Jaejoong's and his relationship that he did find Jun Jihyun super attractive. He didn't have that little boy crush he used to have on the actress though. Jaejoong had filled in the spot of "someone with his undivided attention." He still did like Jihyun's movies though.

Either way they had a fun night together. Though yesterday was over and it was now today. And he had plans today.

Yunho had agreed that he was going to propose to Jaejoong today. He wouldn't be popping the question at this moment since he had planned to propose during their night picnic which would be way later.

Jaejoong and he had just had their breakfast an hour ago. Jaejoong had gone to pick up a few things at the grocery store so Yunho had time to himself and go over the plan.

They would head over to their spot. Both of them would enjoy a nice picnic dinner. Yunho would play some music softly as they ate. They'd lie next to each other while looking up at the stars and he'd turn the music up a bit more. As it got to a loving verse, Yunho would begin his proposal.

A day ago Yunho thought perhaps he should practice with one of his friends yet he hadn't thought quickly enough. Now he was stuck with winging it. And he wasn't going to back down. Tonight, they would be fiancés and nothing would be stopping that.

Yunho had been watching an American film that Yoochun had referenced: Love Actually. He didn't know why Yoochun would've recommended this now since Christmas wasn't close to them at all. He thought perhaps his friend did this to give him other romantic ideas like huge cards in case the Han River proposal blew up in his face.

He had been twenty minutes into the movie when his phone began dinging. There were messages coming from the official group chat that excluded Jaejoong. Mainly it was in case Yunho wanted to plan something for his beloved. There was another group chat including Jaejoong too.

Heenim: 2day is the day

Wookie: this is so exciting! 😃

TurtleBoy: I found out 2day

BookKim: I didn't find out till 2day. Chullie hyung is late on news

Shisus: found out from Bummie

Yunho: should've told others but I've been busy trying to adjust to the idea

Angel Hyung: adjust 2 what?

Monkey Dancer: Yunho hyung is proposing 2 Jaejoong hyung

Angel Hyung: '0' I had no clue

Yunho: sorry for late notice, Teukie hyung

Raccoon Hyung: u made that promise long ago didn't u?

Yunho gulped at those words. Sounded familiar to Taemin's and Eunhyuk's words from Thursday.

He inhaled and exhaled. He didn't need to think that way since he would be proposing tonight. Everything would be fine.

Yunho: yea I did now's the time so I can't wait

Heenim: it's going to be awesome, planning the wedding will be fun

Heechul'sProperty: it'll be like when we married, Chullie

Heenim: I can't wait to plan it

BookKim: what makes u think he'll let u, hyung?

Raccoon Hyung: what the cat wants the cat gets

Heenim: taking that as a compliment

BookKim: what makes u think he'll let u, hyung?

Yunho: well wish me luck there's still a few hours to go. Still have to tell him about the plans

BookKim: good luck

Heenim: better not back out

Yunho smiled at Heechul's last response as Jaejoong entered the apartment with two bags in his hands. Yunho headed over to him to close and lock their front door.

He had spoken up when they were putting away the small amount of groceries. "Hey Jae, I came up with an idea."

Jaejoong closed the fridge and looked at his boyfriend, "What's the plan?"

"How about date night?" Yunho asked as he approached Jaejoong, wrapping his arms around his boyfriend's thin waist. "I just love being you...That would be fun, right?"

Jaejoong giggled when he felt Yunho place his head on his shoulder, "I love spending time with you too, Yun." When Yunho pulled away, Jaejoong smiled brightly, "It sounds lovely. Where are we off to?"

"The Han River." Yunho said softly, the deal being sealed. There was no way he was going to back out now that he mentioned it.

Jaejoong was taken back by the choice of place. "It's...It's being some time since we've gone. Work has kept us busy."

Yunho recalled it was last year of Valentine's Day when they had last gone. It had become a usual thing since they started dating since they loved the Han River. Work had taken over their schedules though.

"Valentine's Day, I remember," Yunho could imagine the little red paper hearts he had tied to the branches. "It'll be fun, don't you think, love?"

Jaejoong pecked Yunho's lips, "I'd love that, Yun...So are we going to head over there right now?"

"I was thinking about a night picnic." Yunho watched as Jaejoong's eyes sparkled. He loved seeing those doe eyes express joy.

"It sounds wonderful, Yunho," Jaejoong began. He sighed and removed Yunho's arms from his waist, "I have something to-"

Yunho groaned when he heard his phone ring in his pocket. Yunho apologized as he took the phone and saw the person calling was his mother. He wondered what was wrong or if there was something wrong.

"It's my umma," Yunho said with an apologetic smile. He was about to let the phone go to voicemail when Jaejoong sent him a look. "Love, you were saying."

"Answer her, Yunho." Jaejoong said as he crossed his arms. When Yunho made no movement, Jaejoong continued, "It might be important."

"But babe-" Yunho was interrupted by Jaejoong.

"Answer her." Jaejoong said as he made his way out of the kitchen, "I'll give you some privacy." He exited the kitchen.

Watching his boyfriend leave, Yunho finally did answer the phone. He reminded himself that it was his mother and not some friend that he could scream at for interrupting Jaejoong.

"Umma?" Yunho said into the phone. The last time he had contacted his parents was about a month ago.

Mrs. Jung spoke from the other line, with a soft voice, "Yunho-ah, it's nice to hear from you."

"It hasn't been that long, Umma," Yunho said. He realized he perhaps was wrong. "Never mind that, how are you?"

Mrs. Jung sighed, "I've been well. So has your appa and Jihye. We were wondering when Jaejoong and you are going to come and visit."

Yunho's eyes widened at her words. It's been years now but his parents were still adjusting to his uality. For the longest time they had thought it was a bad thing due to the fact that they wouldn't get grandchildren from him. And then there were their friends that would think less of them.

It was all about status in Korea. Scandalous issues ruined a person's life. Even though gay marriage had been legalized it wasn't favored by everyone. Jihye had been the only one in his family who had accepted his uality. Jaejoong's family had luckily accepted him as well as his siblings.

Most of the time when it came to holidays; Yunho would be the one to ask his parents if they wanted Jaejoong and him over. It was horrible and it should be the other way around but Jaejoong pointed out that the never denied him. Jaejoong was too kind, Yunho noticed.

"Second chances aren't a bad thing," Jaejoong had told him years ago when his family had opened up to him.

Yunho had given his family another chance. They got used to it and now they were going to have to get used to accepting Jaejoong as a family member since he would be officially a part of the family due to the marriage.

They would tell their families the good news after today. He didn't need to tell his parents or Jihye that he was planning to propose. They likely had an idea that he was going down that road and he'd go down it someday. That day was today.

"That sounds great, Umma," Yunho said sincerely. "When do Appa and you have it off?"

Mrs. Jung was quiet for a minute and then replied, "Well, how about June 21st? Are you free that time? Jihye has it off too."

Yunho didn't have to look at his calendar to know that he had that off. Boa had given them June 21st and June 22nd off since Hyoyeon and Eunbi would be traveling to Incheon. Yunho had learned this before Boa and Minzy had gone to Incheon. They had said they'd take those two days off.

"That works out, Umma," Yunho answered. Mrs. Jung promised to keep it a surprise for Mr. Jung and Jihye. After their call ended, Yunho headed to the living room.

Jaejoong was on his phone texting someone when he entered the room. Yunho could see a worried expression on Jaejoong's face. Yunho wondered if everything was fine.

"Is everything okay, Jae?" Yunho saw how Jaejoong jumped when he heard a voice.

Jaejoong put his phone down and got off the couch, "I-I was just texting Junsu." Yunho saw how Jaejoong looked like he was staring at death.

Strangely, some thoughts entered Yunho's head but he didn't let them affect him. He wouldn't dare to let himself think those things. Jaejoong loved him.

He's not cheating on you, Yunho told himself as he smiled, He loves you and you love him.

"Everything's fine though, right?" Yunho knew there had to be a reason why Jaejoong looked so tense.

Jaejoong nodded rapidly, "Y-yeah. Just a little disagreement, that's all. It's been resolved though."

Yunho stopped paying attention to the thoughts in his head and instead thought of now, "Umma was inviting us for June 21st."

Jaejoong's eyes sparkled in joy again, "What? ...Are we celebrating something?" Jaejoong knew as well that this was unusual Jung behavior.

"Yeah, I mean I thought it was a bit weird but you did mention second chances," Yunho said.

Jaejoong smiled at the familiarity of his own words, "They're trying, Yun. That's all you can ask of them. They did always imagine you with a woman for the longest time. Granted, what parent doesn't imagine their sons with that future?"

"I guess we'll be visiting them soon." Yunho declared as he thought of a way to spend the rest of the day with his boyfriend. "What do you feel like doing until our picnic?"

Jaejoong placed his arms on his hips, "How late do you want to head over to the Han River?"

"Um whenever it gets darker. 6:00 or 6:15 seem to be around the perfect time." Yunho would have to figure out when do get the stuff set up.

Jaejoong thought of an idea, "We can go out and see a movie or-" It was his phone that rang this time. He took it out seeing it was his mother. "My umma?"

"Go ahead." Yunho said without any frustration. Family was family. He smirked at Jaejoong, "It might be important."

Jaejoong stuck his tongue out at Yunho before heading to the kitchen to answer the call. Yunho thought that perhaps he could call up Heechul or Kibum to distract Jaejoong while he got their picnic area prepared.

Yunho had sat back down on the couch and watched the movie that had been on. It had been about ten minutes when Jaejoong came back rushing into the living room with a worried expression on his face. It reminded Yunho of when he entered while Jaejoong had been texting.

"You won't believe what happened, Yun," Jaejoong began as Yunho gave all of his attention to his boyfriend. "Sookjin just go into a car accident!"

Yunho's eyes widened and he jumped off the couch to embrace Jaejoong, "Is she okay? What happened?"

"She's in the hospital. Umma called me because they're at the hospital right now. She's in surgery." Jaejoong explained as tears began falling from his cheeks.

Yunho wiped the tears with his thumbs, "Jaejoong, don't panic, ne? Everything's going to be fine."

"My brother-in-laws are taking care of my nephews and nieces but I...I-" Jaejoong looked at Yunho with sadness.

Yunho smiled sweetly, "There's no way I'm going to keep you from your noona, Jae. She needs all the support she can get."

"What about-"

"Don't worry about the picnic," Yunho reassured his boyfriend. He kissed Jaejoong's forehead, "Besides, it's until later, remember?"

Jaejoong nodded, "Yeah...She's going to be fine." He hugged Yunho tightly and pecked his lips before heading out of the apartment.

Yunho sighed in relief after the apartment door shut closed. He could now further plan their night picnic. He didn't know at what time Jaejoong would he back but he couldn't take any chances. He would prepare the food later before 6:00.

 

 

~~~