THURSDAY, JUNE 6TH 2019

Smoky Heart

 

 

Yunho had sworn that he wouldn't take any longer than he needed to. He wanted to plan it out but many laid out plans failed so he decided to just go with it. He knew nothing would work since he had already tried with planning it out.

He was going to go purchase a tuxedo with Yoochun for the proposal to hide under his coat when they went to the Han River, but the nearest tuxedo shop had closed down and Yunho wanted to do this on the weekend. Jaejoong and him had this weekend off so he wanted it to be then.

Eunhyuk's and Taemin's words had affected him. He had taken his time. It wasn't his friends' fault for pointing it out. It was best that they do it now. Yunho didn't want to wait any longer. They could get married tomorrow at the courthouse but Yunho wanted to give Jaejoong a big wedding if he wanted.

Yunho also wanted to invite their parents and their friends who have supported them since the beginning of their relationship. Jaejoong would probably want that too.

Like he said, he wasn't going to plan it. Sure he was going to make sure he brought everything necessary. That was still planning, wasn't it? Yunho tried to not think about it.

He had one more day since he planned the picnic on Saturday. They could start planning or just spend the day together as "fiancés" on Sunday. They could also spread the news.

Luckily no one needed tickets to go visit the Han River so that was taken care of. He knew the perfect spot for the picnic. There was a park, Gwangnaru Hangang Park, where they would have their night picnic nearby the river.

Yunho was debating on bringing an iPod like Heechul had suggested. They had been gifts from Leeteuk three Christmases ago. There was some good music they both loved together. After their picnic they can snuggle together while listening to music while looking up at the night sky. It would be romantic.

When a love song begins to play, he could tell Jaejoong how much he loved him and then get the box and propose to Jaejoong. It wouldn't be so bad. Yunho just wanted to show the love he had for Jaejoong.

Yunho grinned as he watched all of his students leave the room for the end of the day. By Monday, the beginning of next week, Jaejoong and he would be engaged.

Their schedule would even be busier after. They would have their work and their wedding to plan so it would be full. Yunho didn't want them to be engaged for too long though. It feels like they have been engaged for the amount of years they had been together.

Yunho couldn't wait. He could imagine their wedding day. The decorations they both chose together. The flower arrangements that Jaejoong would pick out. The both of them dressed nicely. The vows. The exchange of rings. The honeymoon.

Their life that they would spend forever together. It sounded like paradise.

While Yunho was packing his duffel bag, Boa entered the room with Minzy following beside her. Yunho forgot that he hadn't told either of them of his plan to propose to Jaejoong.

"We got news!" Boa exclaimed in a giddy tone. Boa and Minzy had gotten back from their trip to Incheon.

Yunho was excited to hear about the school expanding, "How did the trip go?" By the smiles on both women's faces, it was good news.

Minzy started it off, "We talked to the woman who owned the building, Lee Yooyoung, who said she had a best friend who was a total dancer. We offered her friend, Yoo Ara, a job, and we get the building."

Yunho's eyes widened and he smiled brightly at the news, "So...Did you guys get the building?"

"Yes!" Boa exclaimed as her and Minzy cheered, Yunho clapped for the both of them.

Yunho was curious, "Why was Yooyoung selling the building? Did it need a lot of care?"

"Originally it had been an all-girls school but it closed due to a pretty bad scandal. Yooyoung purchased it and was selling it for a good price." Minzy explained.

Boa added, "We're sending Hyuna and Eunbi to take over the school in Incheon with Ara. Minzy and I will be spending some time over there to make sure everything's running."

"That sounds amazing. Congratulations, really," Yunho was excited that things were getting better for Boa and Minzy. Dreams do come true with time. "I, uh...I have some news of my own to share."

Boa and Minzy looked at him curiously.

"Tell us." Boa said as both women turned to him, waiting for the news to come to them.

Yunho exhaled deeply before taking the black velvet box from his duffel bag and handing it to Boa. She opened the box, Minzy leaning close to see.

Both of the women gasped when their eyes lay on the ring that was inside.

"OMG, Yunho, it's-" Boa couldn't continue due to the awe she was in. She looked at him, handing the box to Minzy, and embraced him, "I'm so happy for you!"

Minzy smiled sweetly, her eyes on the ring, "It's a beautiful ring, Yunho. Jaejoong is going to love it."

Yunho pulled away from Boa, "I'm proposing to him this Saturday since we both have it off. Sunday will be our first day as fiancés."

"Omo! We need to celebrate right after!" Boa promised her friend. "This is something...Oh my, I've watched you two together since high school and now...This is perfect, Yunho."

"You two are going to happy together like you are now." Minzy assured him as she gave him back the box.

Yunho held onto the box tightly and carefully as if it was made of pure glass, "I can't wait, really. I'm just waiting for Saturday to come around."

"How are you planning the proposal?" Boa asked with sparkling eyes.

"Heechul suggested the idea of doing something original," Yunho explained at first. He continued, "Jae's and my first date was at the Han River."

Boa placed her hands on her face in surprise, "Awe, you're going to propose by the river?"

"Super romantic." Minzy commented with a smile. "No doubt that Jaejoong will love it."

Yunho frowned, "I wanted to buy a tuxedo and hide it under my coat so I could propose to him dressed in something elegant."

"You don't have to dress like a prince now, Yun," Minzy advised him. "You're going to look like that on your wedding day. Leave the anticipation for Jaejoong."

"Oh the wedding! That's going to be fun." Boa said with added elation. "We're totally invited, right?"

Yunho grinned, "Of course you too are. I wished we could get married Sunday or ASAP, but I think Jae would like it if our whole family was present."

"You guys are going to invite all of your family members?" Minzy asked with shock.

Yunho shook his head, "Our parents and siblings, yes, but I meant our friends. Our friends, including you two, have supported our relationship. Of course we consider you all family."

"You better propose to Jae soon. I can't wait to see that ring on his finger." Boa said with crossed arms.

Yunho went back to his duffel bag, looking at them, "You'll be seeing it soon, I swear to that."

He was going to do it.

He was going to propose to Jaejoong.

Soon, they'd be spending together forever.

 

~~~~~

Jaejoong had scheduled an appointment to the doctor's to see how the baby was doing. They wouldn't give him an ultrasound picture and if they offered it he didn't want one. It was still too early for them to see much yet.

He wanted Yunho to be there when they get the first picture of the baby. Right now he wanted to make sure that the baby was perfectly healthy and Jaejoong was doing everything correctly.

It was his first time pregnant so he didn't know everything.

Jaejoong had told Heechul, Junsu, Key and Ryeowook about the baby already so what was bad if one more person knew?

Leeteuk worked as a gynecologist since he loved children. Kangin and him wanted one of their own one day but Leeteuk's noona, Inyoung, promised she'd be their surrogate if Leeteuk couldn't get pregnant or adoption didn't work out.

Jaejoong had scheduled with Leeteuk since he knew the older would keep the secret and understand. He imagined Leeteuk would be very happy for Yunho and him. If he told Kangin, Jaejoong wouldn't mind. As long as no one told Yunho than everything was fine.

When he entered the hospital, he made his way to the gynecology ward. As he was on the elevator he had gotten a text message from Heechul.

From: Cat Diva

R u at work?

To: Cat Diva

Seeing Teukie hyung

From: Cat Diva

U getting a pic or Lil Jung?

Jaejoong giggled at the nickname Heechul had given his baby.

To: Cat Diva

Not until Yun and I go 2 1st ultrasound. Just making sure baby is healthy

From: Cat Diva

K

The elevator dinged and the doors opened. Jaejoong stepped out and entered a hallway with doors that led to a staff room, a storage, two bathrooms, and stairs.

He went through the door at the end that was the entrance to the gynecology ward. He went through the door and felt nervous when he saw a mother and her teenage daughter and two women.

Jaejoong had been hoping he'd be the only one. He knew better than to think about what others thought. He approached the front desk where a young woman, Kim Dasom, was typing away on the computer.

Dasom looked up when she noticed Jaejoong, she gave him a friendly smile, "Hello, are you here for an appointment?"

"Ne. I'm Kim Jaejoong." Jaejoong said with a small nod. He cleared his throat, "I have an appointment with Dr. Park."

Dasom went back to the computer and typed some more and then removed her fingers from the keyboard. She grabbed a piece of paper from a stack on the left of the computer and a clipboard nearby. She put the two together and grabbed a pen before handing it to Jaejoong.

"Fill out this form and Dr. Park should be seeing you in no less than five minutes." Dasom instructed him before going back onto her computer.

Jaejoong thanked her before heading to sit down at one of the many chairs. He sat by himself and filled out whatever was asked of him on the paper.

He released a long sigh when he saw the box to check mark whether he was a male or female. Males could get pregnant. It wasn't so strange since it was old science yet it could still make someone's eyes widen. He checked the male box of course.

Jaejoong had completed the form in less than three minutes. He handed the clipboard and pen back to Dasom and headed back to his chair. For some reason he felt his nerves rising up and down.

He was taking good care of himself so the baby was hopefully healthy. The fact that he was pregnant was still something he was getting used to.

"Kim Jaejoong," a young female medical technician with short light brown hair. When Jaejoong went up to her he saw her name tag that said Jeon Jiyoon.

Jiyoon move a bit so Jaejoong could go through the door and enter the room in the back. Jiyoon closed the door and led him to a small section where the scale for the weight and height was.

Without having to ask her, Jaejoong went onto the weight scale. Jiyoon checked the screen and jotted down onto the paper attached to the clipboard she was holding. Jaejoong stepped off and did the same for the height scale.

When they were done, Jiyoon took him further into the hallway and turned left to a door with the number 143. Inside there was a counter with a sink, towels, jars with cotton balls and cotton swabs. There were two chairs at the wall, a desk chair and an examination table. There were posters of the anatomy of a female.

"We'll just take your blood pressure," Jiyoon told him as Jaejoong sat on the examination table as Jiyoon grabbed the blood pressure monitor from the outside of the room and brought it inside.

Jaejoong took a deep breath as Jiyoon wrapped the pressure cuff around his left arm. He didn't want his blood pressure to be dangerously high. He wanted to be able to see the doctor.

Jiyoon looked at the screen of the monitor, "Are you nervous?" The number must be a bit high.

Jaejoong chuckled nervously, "J-just want to make sure the baby is okay..." He took a few deep breaths and Jiyoon smiled at the change of number and wrote the second number down on the part.

"Dr. Park will see you in a minute." Jiyoon told him as she unwrapped the pressure cuff and took the monitor outside with her.

Jaejoong sighed. It felt like he had dodged a million bullets. There was absolutely nothing going on and yet he was freaking out. Is this what happens when you're pregnant?

The door opened and Jaejoong's eyes laid eyes on Leeteuk's figure. Dressed in a white coat, Leeteuk looked at Jaejoong with a bright smile. It was two friends seeing each other.

"Good to see you, Jaejoong," Leeteuk said as he embraced his friend. He pulled away and sat at his desk chair. "How are you?"

Jaejoong knew they were catching up a bit until they talked about the reason why he was here, "I'm doing pretty good. The daycare is doing well. Boa's dance academy is expanding."

Leeteuk raised an eyebrow, "Where to?"

"Incheon. Yunho says Boa and Minzy had an appointment to check out a building. He'll tell me what happened later." Jaejoong said with a small smile.

"He won't be transferring, will he?" Leeteuk asked.

Jaejoong shook his head. He had discussed this with Yunho a week ago, "Boa says they'd choose whoever was comfortable. Due to the daycare and that he also likes where we are, Yunho said he'd stay in Seoul. Hyoyeon and Yuri agreed to it."

Leeteuk nodded and Jiyoon entered with a laptop and two pieces of paper stapled together. Leeteuk took the laptop and placed it on top of the counter as Jiyoon placed the papers near the laptop.

"Okay, so looking at the first paper you signed it says your reason of being here is pregnancy," Leeteuk looked at the first paper as Jiyoon exited the room.

Jaejoong inhaled and exhaled. Leeteuk eyed him with a grin on his face.

"Jaejoong?"

"I took ten home pregnancy tests! Yun and I always use a ! I-I...It must have torn without us realizing it." Jaejoong shut his mouth when he saw Leeteuk's eyes sparkle.

Leeteuk appeared happy for the beautiful male, "Well, those tests are made for accuracy but it doesn't hurt to check more. Would you mind if we draw your blood?"

Jaejoong shook his head, "I wouldn't mind."

"Okay, we'll have blood drawn right away," Leeteuk said as he exited momentarily to get Jiyoon.

After two minutes, Jiyoon reentered the room with a clear box with blood vials and alcohol wipes. She left the room to grab the necessary needles for the blood tests.

Jaejoong lifted his left sleeve and Jiyoon opened an alcohol wipe and rubbed it over Jaejoong's skin. Though not fond of needles, Jaejoong wasn't bothered by it. He just wondered if the tests were defective.

When Jiyoon had filled up the necessary vials, she placed a cotton ball where the blood had been drawn and wrapped gauze over it. She promised him the test would take about an hour or two. She took the vials and the little clear box.

In less than two minutes Leeteuk came back in the room and closed the door with a smile on his face.

"We'll call you and give you the test results when they come back," Leeteuk reassured him. He sighed, "So I'm guessing Yunho and you have been ually active?"

Jaejoong nodded to the question.

"If you happen to be pregnant, Jae, you don’t need prenatal vitamins. Drink a ton of water and keep to a healthy diet. Exercising while being pregnant helps." Leeteuk advised him.

Jaejoong bit down on his lip to avoid asking the next question but he ended up opening his mouth, "Will I...Do pregnant males grow s to lactate?"

Leeteuk smirks, "You don't know how many believe that happens. It won't though. And you won't have the baby naturally. You're still a male but are born with a womb."

"How early can you detect a male is born with a womb?" Jaejoong had never thought to ask the question. Yunho and he hadn't ever really discussed children before.

Leeteuk crossed his arms, "Although pregnant males occurred a few years ago, it's still a type of new science being studied. Many doctors say you can't really detect it. You'll know if a male is inseminated and ends up pregnant."

Jaejoong's eyes widened, "Wow."

"I know, right?" Leeteuk unattached his arms and went back to the laptop. "Do you have any other questions?"

Jaejoong frowned, "I just want to know if I'm pregnant or not, that's all."

Leeteuk tilted his head, "I'm guessing you weren't expecting to end up pregnant?" He could sense the lack of enthusiasm in Jaejoong's face.

"I talked to Junsu and Heechul hyung about it," Jaejoong recalled both of the conversations. He continued, "Yunho's parents had a bit of a hard time accepting him being gay. Now they're going to accept their gay son and his boyfriend having a baby."

Leeteuk shrugged, "Yunho isn't going to care about what they say. He loves you, Jaejoong."

"I know and I stopped thinking that way," Jaejoong said as tears formed and threatened to escape his eyes. "Yunho and I were just talking a day ago at night and...He said he didn't want our relationship to change. He liked how things were."

Leeteuk sighed. "Jaejoong, I don't think he meant...Well, he doesn't know that you could possibly be pregnant."

"He doesn't want anything to change. Having a baby will change our lives." Jaejoong pointed out as he looked down at the tile floor. "He promised he'd propose to me...Being married would change things too. If he wanted to marry me, wouldn't he have made that step?"

Leeteuk felt bad for Jaejoong. "I'm sorry about the situation you're in, Jaejoong. I don't know what to say."

"There isn't anything that can be said," Jaejoong's tears streamed down his cheeks. "I have to tell him if I'm pregnant or not. I can't wait."

Leeteuk placed his right hand over the bridge of his nose, "You weren't considering...Abort-"

Jaejoong looked up to meet Leeteuk's form, "I could never do that to my own child. Not even if it was my health or theirs. This baby is going to be born."

Leeteuk removed his hand, relieved to hear those words come out of Jaejoong's mouth. "I think Yunho is going to find this as a gift, Jaejoong. Knowing him, I think he'll be overjoyed by this news."

Jaejoong sniffled, "You think so?" He wiped his tears forming and his tear stained cheeks.

"I really do," Leeteuk replied with a small nod. "He loves you, Jaejoong. Why wouldn't he love something that was created by the love you two share? He'll be elated. He wouldn't be with you if he didn't want to spend his entire life with you."

Hearing Leeteuk's words made Jaejoong feel happy. It wasn't until Junsu and Heechul that had said those words. The three of them were reassuring him that Yunho wouldn't back out. Yunho would accept this because of course this would make him delighted.

It gave Jaejoong confidence. He needed to tell Yunho and he didn't want to wait any longer. He'd tell him this weekend.

"I'll tell him this weekend if the tests come back positive." Jaejoong said confidently.

Leeteuk was happy that his friend was in a better mood, "That's perfect, Jae." He glanced at his watch on his right wrist, "It'll be a long time before the results come back. You're at a healthy weight and same height. I'll call you when the results come back."

Jaejoong thanked Leeteuk and promised they'd have to get together. Leeteuk said they would as he opened the door and let Jaejoong out first. Jaejoong turned around to say goodbye to Leeteuk before exiting the hallway and entering the small room where Dasom was.

"Do you need to set another appointment?" Dasom asked.

Jaejoong smiled at the young woman, "I'll make another appointment after I get the test results."

"Sounds good. Have a good day, sir!" Dasom said happily as Jaejoong said bye to her and then left the ward.

Jaejoong lightly tapped his foot as the elevator went down. He would know once he got a call from Leeteuk.

He thought of the possibility that he wasn't pregnant. It wouldn't be a horrible thing but all the worrying for nothing. He had dragged Junsu and Heechul in this though he was getting blood tests done to make sure he was a hundred percent sure with child.

If he was, he'd have to tell Yunho. Their lives would change. They'd have a baby and bring the little boy or girl into their lives. A nursery to create. Names to think. Futures to imagine.

It sounded nice to him.

He would be lying if he said he crossed his fingers that he was pregnant. He took out his phone to text Key.

To: Jonghyun's Diva

Hi Key, I'm leaving my appointment and heading back to the daycare.

From: Jonghyun's Diva

K see u in a bit :)

To: Jonghyun's Diva

See u

Jaejoong was back at the daycare when he had received the call from Leeteuk. Everything had been going well at the daycare. He briefly explained to Ryeowook and Key what had happened at the appointment and they hoped he was pregnant.

At the time Jaejoong had been sitting next to Taeyong, Ten, Jaehyun and Johnny when he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He told the children he'd be back and made his way towards the staff bathroom and kept an eye on the kids as he pulled out his phone.

"Hello?" He felt foolish that he hadn't checked the ID number or name.

Leeteuk's voice was heard from the other line, "Hi Jae, it's me Leeteuk. I got the results back."

Jaejoong sighed, "Go ahead."

"Healthy. Good blood pressure second time. No illnesses detected which is good." Leeteuk stopped briefly. He finally did continue, "And you're pregnant."

Looks like he had something to tell Yunho.

 

 

~~~