TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 18TH 2020

Smoky Heart

 

 

Their extra room they had saved up for a music studio had become a nursery. Yunho and Jaejoong wanted the gender of the baby to be a surprise. Instead of painting it pink or blue they left it white since the color could be for a girl or boy. They had a crib set up and a rocking chair in there as well. They had also gotten a changing table as well for the baby.

There were shelves inside the room for stuffed animals and other important baby necessities. A small bookshelf was inside of the room too for some story books to read to the baby.

Families and friends had pitched in and celebrated the good news of Yunho and Jaejoong getting married and having a baby.

The wedding was simple yet special. Siwon had been convinced to get ordained online just so Heechul could about it later. Siwon was the one who married the couple outside near the Han River with families and friends as witnesses.

Jaejoong was legally Jung Jaejoong, husband of Jung Yunho.

They had gotten married once Jaejoong was five months pregnant. For the first months they wanted to get used to the idea of having a baby and getting everything that the baby would need. There was a baby shower before there was a wedding essentially.

The stars appeared to be aligned as time passed. Jaejoong's umma came to visit Jaejoong and make sure he was okay during his maternity leave while Yunho went to work.

Now the couple was in their hospital room looking down at their new future, the new chapter in their life. Jaejoong had been brought to the hospital nineteen hours ago when the contractions had started to begin. Family and friends waited outside in the waiting room for the big arrival of the baby.

And finally the baby had arrived.

"Our son," Jaejoong whispered as he leaned onto Yunho, "Doesn't that sound unbelievable to say?" He was looking down at his baby wrapped in a white blanket.

Yunho was holding onto his son securely to not even possibly drop him. "He's amazing isn't he, Jae?"

"I want to count all of his little fingers and toes all over again," Jaejoong said with a pout.

Yunho turned to kiss Jaejoong's cheek, "We can do that later. We have to give him a name, remember? He's got to write something down on the school assignments."

Tears were coming to Jaejoong's eyes, "Oh my...It won't be long before he's going into school, Yunho." He wiped the tears with the back of his hands. "What should we call him?"

Yunho tilted his head and thought deeply, "How does Jung Changmin sound to you, love?" He looked to his husband and see Jaejoong's eyes widen.

Jaejoong giggled, "It's perfect, Yunho." Jaejoong smiled brightly at his son, "Your name is Jung Changmin."

"Changminnie is going to be best friends with Hangeng and Heechul hyung's daughter." They had found out that Heechul was pregnant and not far from Jaejoong finding out.

"Already a best friend and they haven't even met yet," Jaejoong said.

Everyone had congratulated them and was excited about the baby. Both of their families had promised that they would be visiting soon to help out some more. They were excited for their siblings to meet their little nephew.

The entire night neither of them had gotten sleep. How could they? Changmin had been fed and was out like a light. Jaejoong had tried to get some sleep but he just couldn't. All of his thoughts were taken up by the presence of his baby. Jaejoong snuck out of the room he shared with his husband and quietly entered the nursery.

When the beautiful raven haired male looked down into the crib, he found himself falling in love with his son all over again. Yunho and he had created this precious human being that was going to do amazing things in the future. Jaejoong knew Yunho and he would raise Changmin correctly.

Wondering what their son would grow up to be was bittersweet. Changmin couldn't stay little forever but Jaejoong didn't need anyone to predict Changmin's future. The mini Jung was a mix of Yunho and him, surely he'd be talented, handsome, and intelligent. Jaejoong could imagine it all in his head.

"Jae?" Jaejoong turned back, not taken back by the sound of Yunho's voice. He didn't think his husband would last long being alone. Yunho rubbed his eyes, "What are you doing up? Is Changminnie okay?"

Jaejoong loved the nickname. He also loved his son's name. Yunho and he couldn't have come up with a better name for their baby son.

"He's fine, Yun," Jaejoong told his husband as his eyes traveled back to Changmin's little sleeping figure. "I just can't believe it."

Yunho approached Jaejoong and the crib. Lovingly, Yunho wrapped his arm around Jaejoong's waist, his eyes on Changmin too, "And you thought I wouldn't like this surprise?"

Jaejoong pouted at Yunho's words. Now thinking about it did sound a bit ridiculous that Yunho would not love the news of him being pregnant. He could remember how hysterical and scared out of his wits he was at that time.

He had told Yunho and he had gotten the response that he hadn't been expecting. Jaejoong knew he had been thinking foolishly and he'd never doubt Yunho's love for him ever again. They were happy and in love, especially with their little bundle of joy.

"What do you think he's going to do in life, Yun?" Jaejoong asked as his head rested on his husband's shoulder. "Can you imagine?"

Yunho smiled with his eyes half open, "He'll have my excellent dance moves and your beautiful vocal cords. Even if he ends up with neither, we'll still love him for whatever he does."

Jaejoong agreed. He picked up his head and sent his husband a worried look, "What if he grows up and becomes a serial killer?"

Yunho was quiet for a moment, trying to think about how to respond to that. He found his words to create sentences.

"We won't show him any horror movies until he's eighteen?" Yunho suggested.

Jaejoong crossed his arms, unsure about that option, "If we hide him from stuff he'll be curious enough to go look for it on his own. We can't let that happen, Yun! He might fall into a cult."

Yunho chuckled nervously at that thought.

"Omo! Yunho what if he becomes a cult leader?" Jaejoong gasped at that terrible thought. "They do horrible things, Yunho. I don't want our son to go to jail or corrupt his mind!"

Yunho knew that his beloved husband was just overthinking things. Perhaps it was best to think that maybe Changmin might like dancing or singing? He didn't want to think about his son falling into bad things such as killing or becoming a cult leader.

For some reason, Yunho wondered what would happen. He knew he shouldn't be worrying too much about the future since the present would pass right by them. Though he was curious, Yunho knew to keep those thoughts all the way in the back of his head.

They won't hide scary things from Changmin. When he's old enough to understand, they'll explain the dark things of life to him. They'll he raising him correctly so there was no way he'd be starting a cult. They would make sure to show him that he always needed to watch for his surroundings.

"Jae, babe, let's not think about this okay?" Jaejoong looked at him with saddened eyes. "He's a baby, Jae. Right now all we have to think of is when he's going to begin walking or his first words."

Jaejoong agreed and stopped mentioning dark things as they looked down at Changmin again. Their baby was snoring softly, his tiny tummy going up and down.

"No matter what," Jaejoong began as he turned to look at his husband with loving eyes. "I love you and Changmin more than anything."

Yunho stared back into Jaejoong's eyes, looking at his husband with the same love, "Changminnie and you are my world." His lips claimed Jaejoong's and they shared a small passionate moment.

Jaejoong pulled away, "We're in front of the baby, Yun."

Yunho raised an eyebrow, "I doubt if Changminnie sees us kissing he's going to go around wanting to do the same. He's not even five months, Jae."

Jaejoong stuck his tongue out at his husband and looked ay Changmin. He hummed lightly, singing softly, "Oneul oneul geunyeol han mogeumman na, oneul oneul oneul nae mogsum gat-eun geunyeoleul."

Like Jaejoong, Yunho had been humming the same tune, singing as well, "Dasi nae gyeot-eulo wa, oneul. dasi nae gyeot-eulo wa, oneul, naui gaseum-eul jom jeogsyeojwo."

Together the two of them would love each other for the rest of their lives with Changmin right by their side, both of them loving him hopelessly. Never would they doubt each other's love. Forever their hearts united.

 

 

 

 

 

the end.