A Little Secret

Rogue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Play ( sit still, look pretty - Daya ) 

 

I was dumbfounded.

 

 

I was currently gazing at a blonde haired girl who mysteriously saved me from my fall but then suddenly, the magical ball was snatched from my hands and into her own.

 

 

The sun was shining. And it was hard to look up at her, when the brightness was real due to her hair color and sun rays. It was a pretty traumatic experience for my eyes and soon it will be my entire body as I knew Bae Irene's going to kill me.

 

 

Now I realized that my so-called savior was smirking down at me. Not like those 'prince charming' or whoever that saves the damsel in distress, in my case it was I. My brain short circuited and my jaw hung low when I came to the conclusion that it was her that tripped me and snatched the ball.

 

 

Hurriedly, I escaped from her embrace. I scowled and glared at her but she was just eyeing me in amusement and I could see a barely controlled grin showing on her lips.

 

 

Then came the shouts.

 

 

"Oi!!" 

 

 

Soon, there was commotion. I saw my group hurdling towards us. I gulped when I saw their furious faces. My hands were quick to raise in the air then my mouth started the explaining.

 

 

"I-I! S-She! I swear I had the ball but then poof! I was falli--" I quickly shut up when I saw Bae Irene's glare. Yujin and Eunbi were eyeing me with exhaustion evident in their eyes but turned their gazes to the blonde haired girl.

 

 

"What happened in here!?" They exclaimed.

 

 

"FOR THE CAMP ACTIVITY, CHAMPION, MINATOZAKI SANA IS THE WINNER!"

 

 

We heard the Satyr's voice bellowed. All of us were still baffled, but it doesn't change the fact that I wasn't the winner when our group was the one who sacrificed the most and defended the ball the longest but all it took was a second for the ball to be on a different set of hands. 

 

 

The other groups were confused as hell but still clapped their hands for the blonde girl. Her group, was also confused but nevertheless accepted the congratulations. After agreeing to meet by later with her group, the blonde girl turned her eyes to me.

 

 

She smiled cheekily. "Nice game, Hades-san."

 

 

I did a double take. "I'm not Hades."

 

 

She only raised an eyebrow then gestured for the ball. "Oh well, thanks for keeping the ball company."

 

 

Yujin snarled at the Hermes. "Listen here snatcher, it was clearly our win but you s your hands on it in the last second!"

 

 

Eunbi was just preventing Yujin from tackling the blonde girl by pulling on both of her arms. But the blonde Hermes just shrugged.

 

 

"I love me some plot twist." 

 

 

"You snake!--" Yujin was about to lunge at the smirking blonde but an arm blocked her from doing it. She was met with the steely gaze of one Bae Irene and Yujin submissively backed away.

 

 

Eunbi was just watching the interactions and I was just gulping nervously on the sidelines.

 

 

"That's enough, Yujin-ssi." Bae Irene stated.

 

 

She inhaled then released her breath in a second. "Congratulations on the win, Sana-ssi. Now let's go back to the camp."

 

 

She merely eyed our other group members, and not even glancing in my way. Yujin huffed then followed the Zeus daughter and Eunbi followed them after she gave me a reluctant gaze.

 

 

I stood there, silently, on the quiet woods, analyzing what happened and I would be lying if I said that I was in relief. All of my teammates didn't acknowledged me, surely they were so disappointed and who could blame them? I am disappointed at myself too...

 

 

I was saddened but what could I do? I could only sigh and head back to the camp when I felt arms encircling my waist. I looked at my back and wasn't really surprised.

 

 

She was there smiling at me like nothing happened. I controlled my scoff from escaping my mouth and stared blankly at her.

 

 

She placed her chin at my shoulder and stared at me. "Let's be friends, Hades-san. Hi! I'm Minatozaki Sana and I like you."

 

 

My black hair could go white any moment now as I process this revelation right here.

 

 

"First of all, my name isn't Hades, hell that's my dad's, I'm Miyawaki Sakura and how can you like me? I barely know you." I said.

 

 

She then smiled knowingly at me. "That," she pointed. "That's why I like you."

 

 

"Eh?"

 

 

She giggled then burrowed her face further in my neck. "You're so charming and you're so cute when you're blunt."

 

 

I made a face at her. "What kind of sorcery..."

 

 

My neck vibrated from her giggle. "Hmm, you smell nice..."

 

 

I backed away from her in a second. She was so dangerously close to my ear and her breath sent tingles on my neck.

 

 

"Stop that!" I exclaimed, still holding my ears.

 

 

She only chuckled. What kind of girl was this demigod in front of me? She was so eccentric. I feel like I would lose my breath from just being near her.

 

 

This Sana girl...she's dangerous and we only had our first conversation just now.

 

 

I turned my back away from this girl and walked towards the camp grounds, with her following me from behind.

 

 

"Oi! Hades-chan wait for me!"

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

When we finally got back to the camp grounds, we saw the campers lining up and a number of people standing on a line up on the stage. The Hermes girl behind me waved happily at them and the group gestured for her to come up at the stage with the Satyr. I only stayed back.

 

 

When the blonde girl was now with her group, the Satyr finally began his speech. I wasn't paying attention as I was still bummed at what happened. And I wouldn't go back to my team when I was the one who delivered them failure. And not like they like me to be with them at the moment, there weren't any hand up on the air waving at me and shouting "Kkura unnie" right now.

 

 

So I head at the back and sat at one of the benches on the sides. Luckily, Minjoo was there and I felt myself smile.

 

 

"For them winning the activity, their group will be the first one to line up for lunch!" I barely heard the Satyr and he was met with a crowd of exhausted groans and protests.

 

 

Minjoo smiled shyly at me when she saw me walking to her. She was still resting her ankle and she was alone in the bench so I made the decision of keeping her company.

 

 

"Yo." I greeted her. She bowed slightly but her smile turned into a frown when she noticed my expression.

 

 

"What happened to you, if I could ask, Sakura sunbae?" She politely said.

 

 

I snickered a little. "You don't have to be so formal Minjoo, and besides, you already asked me." 

 

 

She developed a red tinge in her cheeks. "I-I a-aniyo--"

 

 

I chuckled from her panicked expression and patted her head. "Don't stress yourself and your ankle, Minjoo-yah."

 

 

I gazed far away. "We could have won if I payed more attention to the ball..."

 

 

She was perplexed for a second but developed a knowing gaze. She stayed there, silence was evident on the air but it was a good comfortable kind of silence.

 

 

Somehow, I could feel like she relate to me. Like she was letting me share my burden to her by listening.

 

 

I watched her open when a loud voice interrupted us making us turn our heads to the stage and I was horrified.

 

 

"For my wish, I want Miyawaki Sakura to be with me for the day!" Exclaimed the blonde Hermes on the microphone.

 

 

She was met with a lot of exclamations.

 

 

And me and Minjoo couldn't contain our shock as my jaw was hanging all the way to the floor.

 

 

"WTF!?"

 

 

"What kind of wish is that!"

 

 

"No way!"

 

 

"Aish! That Hades spawn scored once again."

 

 

"Ooooohhh, the sanake has found her next victim..."

 

 

"That Miyawaki loser? Thank you, next."

 

 

But what got me was the shout of one enraged Ares. 

 

 

"No you can't take Kkura unnie from us!" Yujin yelled.

 

 

There was fire on her eyes. She was scanning the camp ground searching for her group member.

 

 

"Where is she!?"

 

 

Yujin got smacked on the head. "Calm yourself, Yujin." Eunbi said calmly but why do I feel like she was controlling something inside as I saw something burn in her eyes.

 

 

I was eyeing my teammates when I saw the Zeus daughter just gazing at the Hermes winner on the stage, her gaze eerily still.

 

 

Then the Satyr brought the microphone to him. "Where is Miyawaki Sakura?"

 

 

Silence commerced. 

 

 

Minjoo was gaping at me and I was just shaking my head at the scene. Why do as time goes by on this camp, the peculiarities are increasing day by day?

 

 

I didn't have a choice but to show myself to the people.

 

 

"Here." I said while begrudgingly raising my hand.

 

 

The Satyr was pleased. "Now that Miyawaki-ssi is here, you'll spend the day with Sana-ssi here."

 

 

I gazed at the blonde girl and saw her giving me a wink. I cringed as I bowed. 

 

 

I didn't stare at my team but I could feel their stares at the back of my head. I walked towards Sana and she happily met me in the middle.

 

 

The Satyr smiled at all of us. "Now that the camp activity is finished for the day, let's all have our lunch!"

 

 

Cheers surrounded the entire place. 

 

 

But well, I guess some good was brought in this arrangement as Sana pulled me towards the many tables as her team was the first in line for the lunch buffet. She gave me a hefty portion of the meats and I thought of Kangchan envying me from all the foods in my plate right now.

 

 

And I wasn't wrong as I saw her eyeing me with a pout when we finished at the buffet and heading towards a table.

 

 

Sana pulled me beside her to sit in an vacant chair and then we dine. It was a peaceful two minutes before chaos erupted at our table.

 

 

"Hi Sakura unnie!" 

 

 

I internally groaned when I heard that particular voice. I've been hearing that since two years ago and it never failed to make my day bad. The blonde beside me acknowledged the voice with an excited hum then patted the seat beside her. 

 

 

But the duck sat beside me.

 

 

Yena put down her tray then smiled giddily at me. I only frowned at her.

 

 

"So good for you, Sakura unnie, to dine with us today!" She said happily.

 

 

The duck gave a prideful thumbs up to her blonde cabin member. "Nice wish, Sana unnie!"

 

 

Sana only huffed and gave a swift hairflip with her long hair. "I know right?"

 

 

I was only watching them but I already could feel the incoming headache that is about to begin.

 

 

But then maybe the gods hated me for the failed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter