Tag Team: Champion

Rogue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

(Play: Rock Bottom - Hailey Steinfield)

 

It was the next morning when I heard the camp's bell ring. Another day, another activity of the camp. So far though, thankfully Jihyo quickly controlled the situation yesterday, ironic that she all started it, she finally captured the one who threw the pie in her face and it was Im Nayeon from her group, Twice. Funny though that Hyewon guessed right that a Hermes kid was the one, maybe all Ares kids have sense in particular. 

 

I got up from my bed, did my morning ritual in the bathroom, changed my clothes into my trusted black hoodie with gray jeans and some converse to boot. After I looked into my mirror to see if there's any imperfections in my hair, I shuffled towards my door to finally go outside my cabin. It was time for the morning assembly again.

 

As I trudged towards the people that were lining up beside the bonfire area, I then saw the one I helped from before. I saw her fumbling on her crutches, I walked over to her to offer my help.

 

"Yo," She quickly turned to me as I lazily waved my hand as greetings. You couldn't blame me though, as far as I know, we all hate early hours of the day. "Need help?"

 

She got that froggy face again as she unconsciously widen her eyes on my offer. To even help her exclamation, she waved her hands as a no but she forgot that she was in clutches. Lucky for my quick senses, I caught her before she could go down the ground. I eyed her unamused.

 

"S-Sorry..." She lowered her gaze with a bright red expression. I saw that she was biting her lip, must have been from the pain. 

 

"It's still hurting?" I gazed at her still injured ankle. Turned out that she sprained it yesterday when she was in the woods. Luckily that we found her before worse comes to worst. 

 

Minjoo then abruptly looked at me with a sad puppy expression. She had teary puppy eyes and pouting lips. As she was pouting her lips, came the nodding of head as she affirmed my suspicion. Oh how I hate cute stuffs, always did numbers towards my heart as it was beating loudly right now.

 

I was this close at embracing her and petting her as she was quite cute as she let on. But I thankfully restrained myself from the embarrassment at loosing my cool in public and in front of all the demigods. Even right now, some head were turning towards us, watching us as we conversed quietly. Mostly of them were from Minjoo's cabin though, the Aphrodite Cabin.

 

Soon we were lining up by cabin after I escorted the injured girl towards her cabin. I was in the farthest line because well, there was always discrimination against Hades.

 

The Satyr came up the stage to begin his greetings.

 

"Another good morning campers! As much as I was a little bit displeased from yesterday's events, I wasn't one to complain as I left all of you to yourselves." The satyr shrugged. "Now, all campers will be having a camp activity which is named Champion."

 

He stood straight as he recited the instructions. "You will be group randomly into four members each group but some groups will have five members due to Our number as one camper would not participate due to an injury," the Satyr pulled a fish bowl that doesn't contain a fish but contains rolled up papers. "This thing will determine your group, and when I announce your name then you will go to your respective groups."

 

Almost all of us groaned and some only shrugged like Bae Irene that was on the opposite side to where I am. I also groaned as I don't really like grouping with other demigods. I was perfectly fine on my own but this Satyr has to ruin it to us.

 

Next came the announcing of the names of the groups.

 

 

"Kang Seulgi, Honda Hitomi, Son Chaeyoung, Lisa Manoban, and Kim Yeri!" The first group was announced and it was an odd combination but they all get along well. Atleast they don't have an Ares and a hermes together or else it would spell trouble.

 

"Hwang Yeji, Jo Yuri, Chou Tzuyu, Minatozaki Sana, and Shin Ryujin!" Now it was the second group and I kind of spoke too soon. A Hermes and An Ares was there and I saw that the Ares kid was controlling to not punch the Hermes when the Hermes kid was just smirking playfully. I hope that their other members will contain them or hell would break loose.

 

"Choi Jisu, Kang Hyewon, Kim Jisoo, and Jang Wonyoung!" Okay what the hell? Only Hyewon was an Ares kid and all the others were bunch of Aphrodites. I can see other Ares kids groaning why Hyewon was such a lucky kid. I snickered as I only know that Hyewon only concerns herself with food and not beauties. 

 

"Hirai Momo, Son Seungwan, Park Sooyoung, and Lee Chaeryeong!" It was a mix of powers in this group. Everyone was applauding that it was not a repeat of the group before them that only consist of one Ares and three all Aphrodite kids.

 

"Yabuki Nako, Lee Chaeyeon, Park Rose, and Im Nayeon!" Okay another mischievous Hermes but atleast they have Demeter children and A Hestia. Well, I was also thankful that I wasn't grouped with the small one.

 

"Miyoui Mina, Yoo Jeongyeon, Kim Dahyun, and Kim Jennie!" Wow another fantastic combination. Moreover that they have an Athena in there.

 

"Kim Chaewon, Shin Yuna, Park Jihyo, and Choi Yena!" My god, two Hermes kids and one Jihyo. But I'm sure Godjihyo will domesticate them. Poor Chaewon though, she seems so bored out of her mind.

 

I was not announced yet but I almost wish that I was spared in this activity but it was only a wish perhaps.

 

"Bae Irene, Kwon Eunbi, Miyawaki Sakura, and Ahn Yujin!" 

 

My mind halted when I heard him say the words. Apparently, we were the last group in the girl's section and I was paired with two somewhat I could call "friends" and one...

 

Bae Irene...

 

Yujin was so excited, she was jumping in her place in the Ares line. Eunbi was eyeing me and when we made eye contact, she smiled slightly at me. I only could produce a nod at her as I was still frozen. Bae Irene had an unreadable look in her face and I was also as I thought we were always beside each other. Coincidence or not, why does my fate always aligned with her?

 

As the Satyr finished announcing the boy's groups, he finally said what was all in our minds.

 

 "Kindly meet your group members now, campers." He said.

 

We all scrambled in all directions. Thankfully when I was beginning to be dizzy I saw a hand shut in the air and it was Yujin waving at me to come closer to them. They were already standing side by side to each other. And come to think of it, Eunbi and the one beside her kind of looked alike. What the hell.

 

Bae Irene started her speech when she saw me. I situated myself beside Yujin and Eunbi. We were formed like a box and I got nervous all of a sudden as apparently Bae Irene was the one in front of me. She was staring dead right in my eyes and I would meet my gaze as I was so nervous Yujin could probably hear my heart beat.

 

For two seconds she stared but then she returned her gaze on the stage where the Satyr again continued his speech.

 

"For our activity today, you campers will be playing Champion, a tag team race where in three hours the groups would need to catch the magical ball," all of a sudden, a flying ball of gold was floating beside him. "And if the magical ball is in your hands, be aware and prepared that all groups will take it away from you."

 

"This is only a game of strength, unity, and perseverance as you will be the winner if you keep the magical ball enough in three hours."

 

Okay so when he explained that, it was somewhat easy? But due to majority of us were competitive even if we were grouped randomly, we still have our prides as sons and daughters of our godly parents. It didn't remedy the fact that my members were all having excited and glinting faces. I saw the puppy hopping her legs from time to time with a grin like she can't wait to begin, Eunbi was having a pleasant look in her face like she had the greatest plan to go through, and Bae Irene...the one that I was currently facing and I almost did a double take as I literally saw fire in her eyes. 

 

So the "it" in this game is the likely winner as they have the magical ball in their hands and the only pressure was that they should keep the ball in their grasp for them to win. This was like american football or something rough, but we were pleased to get down and dirty.

 

I for once wasn't competitive enough compared to my teammates but I really hate to lose.

 

We were also allowed to use our powers bestowed upon our glorious fathers and mothers. Bae Irene signaled for us to handle up for her to speak for a strategy.

 

"Most likely thing our going to be rough and it doesn't have to be everyone to be up and moving just for the ball." She said seriously. "Even if there's only one member standing, there is still a possibility to win, just like the Satyr said, this is about unity, strength and perseverance, we should make most of it."

 

We all nodded as what she said is all true, if one has to sacrifice for the other then so be it. Eunbi was the second to gave her thoughts. 

 

"I could guess the Satyr would throw the ball in the air just like in basketball for a group to catch it and became "it" then so is history..." The Zeus daughter nodded her agreement while me and Yujin only stared in bewilderment.

 

"I need someone who is fast enough and tall obviously for the ball to be caught in ours," Eunbi eyed the Ares puppy. "Yujin you do that."

 

She didn't even gave a thought to the latter even if the latter was still confused about everything and her poor brain couldn't keep up. "--Wait, what. Eunbi unnie!"

 

Then the Athena girl eyed me for a second. "It depends on Yujin to where she would pass the pass to any of us then we scram."

 

Bae Irene was thoughtful for a second, then she opened to speak. "Yujin-ssi, if there's an opening to any of us, then you pass the ball. No hesitations or anything for it will cost us greatly."

 

I thought so as it varies on the situation later, and we still didn't even know if it was a ball toss like Eunbi assumed.

 

The Ares kid could only nod to them as they were quite intimidating, honestly. "Okay, grab the ball, throw it to whoever I deemed fit, then get the heck out of there, yes just like basketball, woo!"

 

I gave my thoughts if it could help and prevent a problem later on. "Yujinnie, you can't just 'get the heck out of there' remember to follow your team to whatever place we will go, we stick together."

 

The puppy nodded in determination. It was like a new fire was produced in her being and it was a fond sight, honestly.

 

After more briefings from both Eunbi and Bae Irene, the Satyr stood in the middle of us all groups then grab the floating ball then get a whistle. "I'll toss the ball in the air and whoever group catches it...will have the ball. It's in your hands to steal it, or nah."

 

We were all getting ready. I gently pushed Yujin towards the Satyr in order to have a better success when finally the ball was in the air. The three of us were getting in position, getting ready to grab the ball if ever and to run to the woods. Yujin was getting her legs ready for a long jump, I wish that her jump was the highest and the fastest for us to get the ball. We were anticipating and we halted our breaths to wait the incoming madness. What we didn't expect was what happened.

 

When finally all groups jumped, suddenly a striking shield was in placed in all directions and it covered Yujin and all the others from getting in the ball as Hyewon successfully grabbed the ball with ease. We were all dumbstrucked. It is totally possible to get your weapons and powers in the ball toss, we were dumb for a second there and Hyewon outsmarted all of us.

 

The Ares then ran all her might with her fellow Aphrodite members with numerous competitors in their trail. I heard Bae Irene huffed but she signaled us to follow the groups as we jogged towards the woods.

 

"...Well that was...anticlimactic." I heard someone said beside me. I turned to the sound and was met with Eunbi's amused face. 

 

I chuckled, also in disbelief in what occurred. Kang Hyewon could really surprise you at times.

 

"Tell me about it." I said in exasperation.

 

She leaned to me. "Look, Yujin seems so upset." She whispered.

 

I turned to look to our group's maknae and saw the puppy pouting and stomping her feet while following the Zeus daughter up ahead. I snickered as we really planned the situation but then Hyewon had to ruin it for us. It was something I wouldn't forget.

 

"I feel so bad for her." I said to the person beside me. "All those strategies we said to her, even on how she should jump to became higher was all for naught." I said amusement in my eyes.

 

She giggled then pushed me lightly, got me tingles on my feet. "I know!"

 

But then she developed a serious atmosphere. "But I would place it past us as we have Irene-ssi here."

 

She must have noticed I have a perplexed expression on as she elaborated further. "You don't have to worry your pretty little mind as we have a powerhouse in our team. We have the Zeus daughter in our side and sources said that she doesn't have a failing rate...ever."

 

I raised an eyebrow. "What sources you mean?"

 

She developed a smirk then gave a challenging glance. "It's for me to know and for you to find out."

 

Ohh...

 

 

---

 

 

We were all walking in the woods when Yujin decided to open . 

 

"You know unnies, I'm glad that I was grouped with you three." She said with glee. 

 

"First, it was an honor to be with Irene unnie here," she said then turned towards the Zeus daughter. "It was like having a celebrity around."

 

Bae Irene only smiled at her, albeit an awkward one at that. Me and Eunbi just stared oddly at each other, wondering what was Yujin's deal.

 

"And Eunbi unnie!" She turned to the person beside me. "I miss you unnie and we got to be teammates again, I'm excited!"

 

"Yujinnie, what's your dea--" Eunbi was cut off by Yujin as she excitedly turned to me.

 

"And my favorite unnie, Kkura unnie!" 

 

I was shocked in the least. "E-Eh?"

 

"It's so good to be beside you again unnie, I really like your words of wisdom."

 

I slowly nodded still wondering what the hell was Yujin's deal.

 

But then Bae Irene stopped walking and stared at the excited puppy.

 

"Words of...wisdom?"

 

The Ares kid nodded. "Yeah Irene unnie, Kkura unnie here said that respecting girls are the most important in the world and that if you want to be respected, then do it to other people so they can respect you too."

 

Then the Zeus daughter snorted then proceeded to walk north. "Yeah right."

 

The Ares puppy was dumbfounded as she stared at the back of Bae Irene's head. "O-kay?"

 

Eunbi just shrugged but ushered me to continue to walk. "Let's just go."

 

We were in the formation of a diamond. With the oldest amongst us in the front, Eunbi and Yujinnie is the sides, then me in the back. This was said to be strategical, as Bae Irene said. When someone or something could come at us, then we will push through.

 

We were quietly walking when I heard the faintest sound of the ruffling of leaves. I signaled for them to stop and listen. 

 

From the bushes in Eunbi's direction was heard and we waited in batted breath.

 

Bae Irene was getting ready to attack. I was also readying for some back up when suddenly an incoming ball was flying towards us. Yujin was quite a scaredy cat. She let out a squeal when the object was directed towards our direction but then thankfully whatever it is, Eunbi skillfully caught it in her bare hands but with the blessing of Athena. It was dashing at us in full speed, Eunbi has to wear the blessing of her godly mother for protection.

 

It was our lucky day as coincidentally, it was the magical ball that Eunbi had catch. After she caught it, we silently stared at each other. As quick as the lightning on Bae Irene's palm, Eunbi placed the ball inside of her jacket and we dashed to the north.

 

After two seconds or so, we heard th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter