Red Alarm

Rogue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Play ( The Middle - Zedd )

 

"G-Get away from me you p-ert!" 

 

Through my tired gaze, I saw her scowl on her face as she took three steps back. I don't know what to say. I grew confused at the way she act.

 

"You're the one who started it." I stated.

 

Bae Irene's mouth twitched. "You don't have the right to say that to me, ert!"

 

"Sakura. Your first kiss is with someone named Sakura." I was seriously having fun at messing with her.

 

"I hate you, you little shi--" her enraged yell was cut off short when a bellowing explosion occurred. We stopped for a moment, having our eyes strained to each other. After the explosion was the silence that followed.

 

It was a different kind of silence as it was unnerving. 

 

"Wha-" the Zeus daughter silenced me with a hush. I eyed her but then a red flare in a distance up on the sky caught our attention. We again glanced at each other. We know what that signal meant. 

 

It means we're being attacked.

 

The red flare signal was soon followed by the emergency alarm of the camp. It was frightening as never have I heard of it since the day I came here and that was years ago. And we are a bunch of godly beings and those who would really declare attack on us clearly have the knowledge of our true nature. Or there were also of the beings of the supernatural.

 

As if nighttime befall us, the sky suddenly turned orange like the sunset but it lacked the warmth a sunset brings. It filled with dread and suspense, we shuffled side by side as we noticed that we were suddenly not safe on our own forest.

 

But then, a black hole suddenly came to be on the far left, as if cutting through space. It was the first time that I saw something like that. But then the black hole opened up further and a lean long arm suddenly came through it, then followed by a black head and its torso. Bae Irene cursed beside me as we made a step backwards. It doesn't have a figure of a human, more like a disfigured thin figure, all black with a head. It gave a screech and I saw that it has a horrifying large mouth with sharp teeth.

 

I jumped in fright as it doesn't have its lower parts, it lacked its feet and its lower body as I couldn't explain entirely as I didn't know what to explain anymore. I was drenched in cold sweat as we watched many of them pushed through from the black hole. When one of them saw our frozen stance, it gave a loud screech making the others turn their attention to us. I knew that it was our time to leave, our boots made a mad dash away from that place.

 

But as soon as we ran, they also followed. I was stunned when they were floating in the air. They were like the ghosts that cartoons portray in media but they were monstrous with their long thin limbs and a small skull with a large razor mouth. I whispered a spell to combat those things.

 

"Ignis," I held up one hand, and the power of Hades was seen as my flames met the fate of those monsters. 

 

Bae Irene jumped and spun around, meeting the eyes of those things and strike them with her thunder shocks. Funny that those monsters would certainly look like they belonged from my father's realm, but dad didn't notify me that something had gone wrong on his land. So this monsters must've been on earth.

 

"They're many," I stated as we busied ourselves aiming at those things. Our godly powers worked against the monsters as they are creatures of evil. I turned to my companion to see if she has any knowledge of this things but she also shrugged as she didn't know.

 

But our efforts were meeting a wall as when we round off a corner, more of those things came from our north as we came face to face with the enemies. Soon, we were surrounded. 

 

"Oh Father of the Heavens, bless me with your powers..." I heard the Zeus daughter said as she closed her eyes slowly. A white light enveloped her skin as I watched her levitate from the ground. I shielded my eyes with one arm from her blinding light and a shout soon followed.

 

"Caelum!"

 

One second, the most blinding light was seen by my very eyes and the next was the anguish growls of the monsters. They were being obliterated from Bae Irene's prowess and they weren't liking one bit. The Zeus daughter landed on the ground and stood on shaking legs. She was breathing deeply from exhaustion and I was about to help her when thin long arms wrapped around her body and my blood ran cold.

 

"No!" Four of those creatures gripped Bae Irene's figure and pulled her away.

 

She yelled with horror as she was trying to break free. I was running after them but my legs weren't a match from their flight. The Zeus daughter was flailing her arms and legs but stopped when the monster gripped her neck on a vice grip. She was losing oxygen and I was growling to reach her. I placed pressure in my legs to jump to reach her as the distance is near.

 

"Vestigium!" Power enhanced legs and I was swinging like a monkey. Her eyes were looking at me with unrestrained hope as I grasp her nearing figure but then a black hole  suddenly came from nowhere and I was grasping thin air.

 

Gravity greeted me hello as I hit the ground with a crunch as I felt my body took a shot of pain. I curled my body from the pain but the despair on my mind was plaguing me. She was taken and they pulled her inside that black hole. I wasn't fast enough to reach her. I wasn't fast enough.

 

"!" I gripped the grass on the ground from anger and helplessness. I let her be taken from right in front of my eyes.

 

The pain on my side was making me grit my teeth as I stood up but I walk slowly towards the then location of the black hole that took Bae Irene. My injured hand from before was again bleeding but I didn't care. I was still on my thoughts when I leaned on a tree then met face to face with Kwon Eunbi.

 

"Kkura!" She gripped my shoulders to steady me and I was surprised to see her. From her expression alone, she was also surprised that we met each other again although face to face. 

 

"Guys?" A voice was heard from behind us and we looked and saw Ahn Yujin looking confused.

 

Soon followed by numerous voices from all sides near us.

 

"What the heck?"

 

"Why am I here?"

 

"I swear I was running but I didn't know..."

 

"We were hiding from those black things that were flying and when we turned around we are here?"

 

"Seriously, I was all alone and I would've notice if all of us was gathered like this."

 

"True...what the hell is happening?"

 

We were met with faces that I was familiar with and faces that were beyond confused and dazed. Eunbi was still supporting my weight as we shuffled near them. They then saw us approaching and gasped from my current state. Chaeyeon looked worried and gathered herself towards us.

 

"Oh my, what happened to you, Sakuchan?"

 

She pulled on my shirt to see bruisings on my ribs. Eunbi grimaced from her position. She was letting me burrow her lap as a pillow as she gently massaged my scalp. Chaeyeon got in the position and placed both hands above the large ugly bruise on my left side. A soft baby blue glow came from her hands and I was transfixed as slowly my pain melted away. I felt my ribs healing fast and it was a little uncomfortable as Eunbi must've noticed my flinch. She held my hand and my knuckles.

 

"There, all done." Chaeyeon said as she tucked my shirt on my pants gently. She noticed my bleeding palm from the incident before and held it and heal it too.

 

"I'm permitted to heal this now, isn't it?" She said as she chuckle. I gave a soft smile as thanks as the others only looked on the sidelines. They were giving me a minute to rest up as they currently made small talks to each other. Eunbi still hasn't left my side and I was thankful for that. I let her know as I gripped more firmly our still linked hands.

 

After a moment, when I could now breathe properly without pain and grip my palm as the wound closed up, I stood making them turned their eyes at me. I watched with steely gaze as their attention was on me. I felt a warm hand placed on the small of my back and I acknowledged that it was Eunbi.

 

"Did you made contact with those things?" I asked.

 

Yena developed a confused look. "Like did we touch those or something?" I nodded.

 

"No." They all said.

 

"Good." I sighed. "We don't know what the hell are those but what I do know is that they came from a black hole."

 

"A black...hole?"

 

"Yes, a sudden black hole that punctured that air or space. We saw them crawl from it then took flight from the sky." Came the input of Hyewon.

 

I nodded as what she said was true. "And our godly powers are effective against those creatures."

 

Eunbi stepped up front. "Then we should make a plan to stop those monsters or at the least, decrease their numbers."

 

She were met with grins and yells, most from Yena and Yujin who came from the cabins of Hermes and Ares.

 

Chaeyeon also agreed. "Then me and Nako will be supporting you all on the side."

 

Yuri tilted her head. "What do you mean?"

 

"'Cause me and Nako specialize in healing."

 

The small Demeter daughter pouted. "That's more like your style, Chaeyeonnie."

 

Nako smirked. "I'm more of the power up!"

 

Hyewon clicked her tongue. "Yeah, all support powers."

 

Yena was ecstatic. "Oi! Oi! We should tell all of our stats!"

 

"Like a video game?" Yujin asked.

 

Yena hummed. Kwangbae developed a small smile from her stoic face but I couldn't deny the twinkle on her eyes when Yujin mentioned video games.

 

Hitomi just stared without a clue with what Yena and Hyewon were saying and asked about it to the smallest demigod. 

 

"I'm first, so uhm. Hermes specialize on flying with our flying shoes and our godly weapons. Oh! And we also have the ability called Evasion, it's like the ability to combat Ares's Blood Lust." Yena pouted her lips. Hmm, Yena could go against with those creatures.

 

Yujin was next. "While Yena unnie said was true, we also rely mostly with our weapons and armors and our fighting skills, duh. But we have this Second Liberation, each of us from the Ares cabin is unique with it but for me my second liberation was called Overdrive."

 

Yujin was nodding off as they developed knowing looks. They then turned to me and I smiled. "That's the thing I did during the Champions game."

 

Chaeyeon gave an awed expression. "That was how Yujinnie became berserk..."

 

The puppy gave a cheeky grin. "Yup!"

 

Next was Hyewon. "So yeah my stats are the same as Yujin's but as for her, she wields a sword whereas I wield a shield...and a whip."

 

"Aren't you ," Chaewon commented half as drunk when I left her hours ago.

 

Kwangbae snorted. "I wield a whip not because I'm into that kind of stuff," she shook her head. "I just chose to. Y'know, to not be one of those mainstream like wielding a sword," there came Yujin's protest. "But because I just wanted to. No offense Yujinnie."

 

"Unnie!"

 

"What's your Second Liberation?" Just like that, we became curious as we quieted. 

 

Kwangbae stared off space. "I think...there's something on my shield?"

 

"Eh?" Well, that was anticlimactic.

 

Hyewon chuckled. "I didn't use it that much unlike her," she pointed out Yujin.

 

Next was Wonyoung. "Well, my powers aren't going to be effective against those," she gestured with her hands, "monsters." 

 

"...unless, you want me to attract those things...?" She gave a shaky laugh.

 

We were silent for a moment. Wonyoung nodded as if giving a thought. "As if those monsters would be affected. Because you know, they're monsters. Not humans."

 

She noticed our still silent figures. "Guys...don't tell me, you want me to..."

 

If we were an anime, Wonyoung would be having an annoyed symbol on her forehead. "Oh come on! I will not! For the love of my Mother!"

 

Eunbi broke our silence. "Sorry Wonyoungie, we were just shock that's all...don't worry, we will not make you do that."

 

Who are you kidding, Miss Kwon Eunbi? 

 

We literally just been planning to make plans for Wonyoung's power. But we wouldn't say that to our maknae hehe.

 

Next were the Demeter daughters. "So like I said before, I have healing powers. I used it on Sakuchan awhile ago."

 

I gave a nod and felt my ribs, it was good as new. "She completely healed my broken ribs, thanks by the way, Jjaeyeon."

 

She smiled with pinkness dusted on her cheeks. But the other girl albeit short narrowed her eyes at me. "While I specialize at boosting one's power. Like I can enhance Yena's flying with her shoes, or I can maximize Hyewon's shield capacity for her."

 

Niceee. For a mean girl like her, she has an awesome power. Not just her, but Demeter's daughters would always come in handy with fights. They are the essentials and the aids in situations like this.

 

Next was the quickly sobering up Chaewon. "So Dionysus specializes on wines and grapevines. But we could also manipulate any vines to our liking and roots also. Roots of trees or even plants."

 

So she has elemental powers like me? As vines were closely related to earth whereas some Demeter children I saw before demonstrated prowess of manipulating the ground mass.

 

Next was the girl next to me. "Like Yujinnie, Yena and Hyewon, I fight with my twin blades," suddenly, a light erupted on her hands and her weapons materialize in front of her. "I also wear an armor blessed by my Mother."

 

Yena pouted. "Why does the Athena children have shiny things that are similar to us but are ten times more amazing?" She said to Yujin.

 

The puppy nodded solemnly. "I know, it's like having better toys given by santa..."

 

Eunbi was torn on comforting them and defending her position as an Athena daughter.

 

I glanced at her. "Aren't you forgetting your ability to lead naturally?"

 

Eunbi gave a shrugged. "That's more like a skill not a power. But sure, Mother would always give wisdom words to me everyday. It's like 'word of the day' to me."

 

I whistled lowly. I was next. "I have elemental powers of fire. And I can also manipulate the shadows."

 

I demonstrated wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter