Chapter 2

Taking It In

"YOU'RE A LIAR! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO US! TO ME!" Yuta pounds Taeyong's shoulders while crying and Taeyong tries to stop him.

 

"You said there was nothing between you and Jaehyun! Now how would I believe that when I saw the kid he had with you?!"

 

When Yuta and Taeyong were dating, the Japanese had always seen how close his boyfriend is to s. But one time he had a chance to look at Taeyong's photo albums and saw a lot of pictures of Taeyong and a particular guy being very close to each other. There were also pictures of this particular guy with the other NCT members and it came to his mind why he'd never seen this man.

 

He asked his boyfriend and knew that he is Jaehyun, one of Taeyong's closest members. But he's not with NCT anymore because he went to America for a new career which started when Disney offered him to sing for a new character in a new movie. Then things progressed into being a Radio DJ and a host for Good Morning America.

 

Yuta scanned more of the pictures that he could find about Taeyong and Jaehyun; photo albums, instagram and twitter hastags. There were so many and somewhat he felt threatened, felt jealous. Taeyong had noticed it and assured him that there is nothing to worry about. Jaehyun is a friend and always be a friend and that Yuta is the love of his life.

 

But with a new revelation that came into their lives, Yuta is starting to believe that his husband has been lying to him all along.

 

"Please. Please Yuta. Please stop and listen to me." Taeyong tried to console his husband. "I'm sorry."

 

Yuta stopped lashing out and drops himself sitting at the nearest chair in his back but never stopped crying, looking at his husband with rage and despair.

 

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I never told you that I slept a few times with Jaehyun. But believe me, please. Jaehyun and I were only friends and nothing more. Being idols before are stressful and sometimes we also need an outlet to let ourselves loose and we both consented to it with no strings attached."

 

"How many times?"

 

"A few."

 

"How few is few?"

 

"I don't know. 5? 10? 15? I did not count."

 

"Now that's much worse Taeyong. You made him your buddy. Now look what it resulted to."

 

"I promise I did not know anything about Mark until now. Jaehyun never told me anything. Please Yuta you have to believe me."

 

"Then how would you explain to Jaemin that he has a hyung from a different other father? You know how much he looks up to you and how much he loves you."

 

Taeyong shakes his head, "I don't know how. But no matter what, he is my son and I will always love him. I will remind him of that."

 

"I don't know if I can believe you. I don't know if I can trust you."

 

"Yuta. Please. I love you. Don't do this." Taeyong cries.

 

"I'm going to sleep in Jaemin's room. It's been a long day." Then Yuta stood up the couch and went to his son's room leaving Taeyong alone on that cold living room of their lovely house still crying for a mistake he did not mean to make.

 

Yuta went inside his child's room to see Jaemin still awake, looking at a picture book. The boy looked up in worry to his father.

 

"Papa, are you and dad fighting?" Jaemin asked.

 

Yuta sensed the child's worry and sat on his bed.

 

"No Nana." The father assured. "We just had a very deep amd emotional conversation. That's all. Now let's sleep. You still have class tomorrow." Yuta tried to change the topic.

 

"Is daddy gonna sleep here too?" Jaemin asked again.

 

"No. He wants to be alone for a while. It was hard for him to lose his Friend. So we'll let him be for a while." Yuta reasoned. "Now let's go to sleep. You want me to sing you a song?" Yuta asked.

 

"Yes papa. Please?"

 

Jaemin was sound asleep after a few minutes. Yuta was caressing his son's hair, tearing up.

 

"From this point on, now matter what happens, I will fight and stay strong for you, my child." Yuta whispered.

 

---

The next day in the Lee household was no better. Yuta and Taeyong did not interact with each other. A first in their long and strong relationship. Taeyong has been trying to talk to Yuta about anything but the Japanese never showed interest on him. Jaemin starts to worry more. He can sense the tension between his parents but Yuta was there to divert his son's attention, which he thinks is better than talking to his own husband.

 

Yuta went on first with his son to take him to school then go to his work. There were no goodbye kisses. He even stopped Jaemin from getting close to Taeyong, which made Taeyong more desparate.

 

Alone in his house, he decided to go to the hospital to visit Johnny. So he prepared himself and went there.

 

---

 

Taeyong and entered the hospital room where his friend was. Johnny was there. Awake. Lying on bed. Has a cervical collar on his neck and a cast on his right leg. Ten was also there holding the hands of Johnny while looking at the patient with so much worry. Seems like they were talking deeply for while. Doyoung was also there.

 

Johnny looked at the door and smiled, "Hey. You came." he spoke as clearly as he can.

 

Taeyong smiled back at him, "Yeah. It's good to see you hyung. Happy and relieved that you are still alive."

 

"Yeah." Johnny smiled a bit then it fell. "But Jaehyun."

 

There was silence. Deafening and sorrow-tinged silence in the room.

 

Taeyong sighed. He thought that he should be strong being the leader of the group, even if they disbanded and had their separate lives. "Anyway, I have food to share." he said lifting 2 plastic bags of take out chicken.

 

They ate and had a good conversation. Ten mentioned that WayV is doing great. And that he's really happy that both China and Korea are accepting them and they are now being made as ambassadors for the relationship ties of the two countries. He also mentioned that the other members will visit Johnny later, which made Johnny smile. It's been a while since he saw the guys (especially the soft, cute Winwin).

 

"How's Yuta?" Johnny asked and Taeyong became tensed. He knows that this question will rise up in their talks but he was never prepared for the moment.

 

"He's fine. But we have a rough moment right now." Taeyong confessed.

 

"Because of Mark?" Doyoung interjected.

 

Johnny widened his eyes in surprise, "So you met him." he asked. "And you knew." he added.

 

Taeyong sighed and lowered his head, "Jaehyun's passing was overwhelming. But knowing about  a kid he has that is also mine was much more."

 

"So how is Yuta?" Ten asked.

 

"We had an argument last night. I told him about "us". He thinks I was lying to him all along. I tried to tell him that it was nothing and a thing of the past and that I love him but he did not believe me. This morning he did not even talk to me. He is also trying to push Jaemin away from me."

 

"Yongie, remember what I told you before about you and Jaehyun?" Doyoung asked.

 

"That we have to be careful?"

 

"Yeah. And this situation is still a part of what I meant. The both of you should've never done it in the first place." Doyoung softly reprimands.

 

The vocalist found out Taeyong and Jaehyun's secret arrangement when he caught both of them making out in the dorm when he went home early from a shoot with his brother. He was surprised and much more, upset when the two told him about this arrangement. He was worried and unimpressed with their actions, thinking that it is just a game and they never thought of the consequences. In the end he just told them to be careful.

 

"I want to know something." Taeyong said. "Please, the both of you, tell me the truth." he pleaded. "Did Jaehyun really left us to get Disney's offer or it's because he knew he was pregnant?" he asked.

 

"Jaehyun left for the Disney offer. And that's the truth. He only found out that he was pregnant with Mark during his 3rd month in the States. He called me and Doyoung and we went there. We helped him. We asked him who is the father and he said it was you. He never slept with other men aside from you even when he was in the States. He even never dated anyone."

 

"Remember when you asked about our frequent trips abroad? It was not because of any variety show, it's because we are tending for Jaehyun."

 

"Why did he never told me? Why did he kept it from me? You knew all along, why did the two of you never told me about anything?!" Taeyong felt betrayed by his friends.

 

"It's because he did not want to bother you or bring you down. You were at the peak of your career. One real tabloid and you'll be gone." Johnny said.

 

"He was concerned about you. He knows that you working hard as an idol was your means to be able to build that restaurant you always wanted. And he made us promise never to tell you about Mark." Doyoung added.

 

"He raised Mark by himself. Bringing him to all his shows so that he could look out for him." Johnny added.

 

"When he heard the news that you were dating Yuta then got married, he was happy. He was even saying that you finally found an inspiration to reach that goal you always wanted." Doyoung added.

 

Taeyong started to cry. "I just wish he told me. I could have done something for him and for our son."

 

"And what? Leave Yuta? The person who is falling head over heels for you?" Doyoung questioned. "Jaehyun was very happy with his life. The last thing he'll ever do is to create disputes. And also, if at least you had been serious with what you are doing, you should've---"

 

Their conversation was cut when Doyoung's phone rang. He answered.

 

"Hello? WHAT?! ... okay...bye."

 

"Who was that?" Johnny asked.

 

"Taeil hyung. He said Jaehyun's lawyer arrived and we'll be seeing him tomorrow."

 

Ten questioned, "I---I don't understand."

 

"Eversince Jaehyun became stable in the US and had Mark, he started to draft a will. We don't know what is in it. We'll find out tomorrow." Johnny explained.

 

"Yongie, you have to come. For sure there is something for you." Doyoung invited.

 

"Okay. I'll clear up my schedule for tomorrow."