Chapter 4

Taking It In

Doyoung and Johnny opened the door forcefully snapping out the patient and the visitor from their deep conversation.

"JAEHYUN!" Doyoung said with a loud voice and the rushed to his friend and hugged him.

Doyoung and Johnny were busy with the activities in Seoul when they received a call that Jaehyun was admitted in a hospital in LA. In an instant, they left for the US with their manager's permission. Now here they are, fresh from Seoul, and even without proper sleep and ready to care for their friend.

"What the hell happened?" Johnny asked.

"I was not feeling well for the past week. Then this morning, I was about to leave the house and experienced a stomachache and worst, I found specks of blood on the floor of my home. I called for help immediately." Jaehyun explained.

"So?" Doyoung worriedly urged the other to speak.

"If you may, I leave you three behind to talk. I'll be back later." The visitor asked and the three consented.

Then silence engulfed the room until Jaehyun sighed.

"I'm pregnant."

The two widened their eyes in surprise and the silence and tension intensified with the revelation.

"Whose the father?" Johnny asked and Jaehyun looked at his friends and in an instant Johnny and Doyoung knew immediately.

"It's him, isn't he?" Doyoung asked and Jaehyun nodded.

"You. Are. Such. An. Idiot. Jung Jaehyun." Johnny said with the tinge of anger in his voice pointing his finger at Jaehyun. "I told you that what you are doing is dangerous but you did not listen!" Johnny exploded.

"Hyung, calm down." Doyoung pleaded the older one and then looked back at the patient on the bed. "What are you gonna do?" He asked.

"I'm going to keep it." Jaehyun replied holding his stomach.

"That bastard should take responsibility for this." Johnny continued to explode making Doyoung have a hard time to calm his friend down. "I'm calling our manager."

"NO!" Jaehyun said loudly pleading.

"Jung Jaehyun, don't be stupid once again. He has to man up with this." Johnny argued.

"No. Don't tell him. What ever happens don't tell him. I will take care of this child on my own. Taeyong is out of this. I want him to fulfill his dreams. I don't want to burden him and bring him down."

"And you're gonna sacrifice yours?" Doyoung asked worriedly holding his friend's hand.

"Who said I'll sacrifice my dreams?" Jaehyun smiled at his friend to assure him.

"Excuse me. I brought coffee." The visitor came back bringing cups of coffee on a paper holder.

"Oh. I forgot to introduce him guys. This is Atty. Lawrence Anderson, he is a colleague of mine in Disney and he's been helping me out here." Jaehyun introduce the visitor.

"Oh. Doyoung Kim, Jaehyun's friend. Pleasure to meet you."

"Nice to meet you Mr. Kim." Lawrence shook the other's hand.

"And this is Mr. Johnny Seo." Doyoung continued.

"Hi." Johnny greeted with a small wave and the lawyer waved back.

"Anyway, Lawrence is helping me out right now and he has decided to lighten my workload because of my situation. We will be talking with the board about my situation and make some adjustments. Including the confidentiality of my situation."

"Don't worry. Jeffrey here has made a very good impression with the company and I'm very sure they will approve. They cannot risk or just let go of such potential." The lawyer assured.

"Thank you so much for taking care of Jaehyun. He is independent but sometimes clumsy." Doyoung said.

"I agree." Johnny seconded.

"Hey! How dare you say that to a sick person?" Jaehyun complained and everyone just laughed.

"Anyway Jaehyun, are you sure you are not going to tell him?" Doyoung asked and Jaehyun shook his head.

"But what of he will knew in the future?" Johnny asked.

"If he will, then it's up to him if he accepts him or not."

"Him?" Doyoung and Johnny wondered.

Jaehyun just smiled holding his stomach again. "I have a feel he will be a boy. I always wanted it to be a boy."

Doyoung understood what his friend wanted and went to him and held his hand.

"If that's your decision, I will fully support you. I will make sure you and your son will be okay." Doyoung swore.

"Thank you my friend."

"You know, what you will do might create a problem in the future." Johnny said.

"I know, but everything will be okay. I believe it." Jaehyun said.

---

Seated on the seat of their long dining set, Yuta squeezes his head between his hands.

"Lee Taeyong, I am trying to tolerate the fact that you had a son outside our marriage. But...LETTING HIM LIVE HERE?! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?! HOW DARE YOU! HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT ME!" Yuta screamed at his husband for the first time in his life. Eyes raging in anger, he looked at Taeyong, who is standing in front of him.

"Yuta, I am trying to make you understand---"

"Are you?! Do you even understand what you are doing?! You are trying to ruin our family! He has grandparents to care for him! They are still able!"

"AND I AM HIS FATHER!"

"AND YOU ARE DOING THIS BECAUSE HE'S YOURS AND JAEHYUN'S!"

"YES HE IS! I WILL NOT DENY THAT!"

Both of them breathe heavily the tension is so thick in the air. Good thing is that Jaemin was still at school.

"But Jaehyun is gone." Taeyong started and lets out a breath. "And Mark needs a father to support him and I have to take that responsibility."

Taeyong kneeled and grabbed his husband's hand softly. The other tried to get it out of Taeyong's grasp. "I know this is an unforeseen situation. I never asked for this and surely so are you. But now this happened, I am trying to understand and I want you to understand. So please Yuta. Please. Please try to."

Yuta wants to scream at his husband again but he does not want more commotion and quarrels between them. Afterall, he still loves his husband. He stands up from his seat and went to the counter near the dining table to get his car keys about to go out and fetch their son.

"I don't know if you have thought of what will the public say about you . If they find out that you have a kid outside your marriage, how it will affect us? But do whatever you want. I tell you, I will never, ever, love and accept that child."

And Yuta closed the door behind his back leaving Taeyong slumped on the seat where Yuta sat before.

---

The next day, Taeyong fetched Mark in his grandparents' house. The boy bid his goodbyes and the elders assured him everything will be okay and they will keep in touch with him.

"Mr. Lee?" Mark asked. They are now riding a car on their way to his new home and Taeyong was driving.

"Come on. Why are you calling me that?" Taeyong asked the boy.

"About that, can I call you dad?" The boy shyly and nervously asked. He is fidgeting his fingers looking down.

Taeyong felt his heart melt and he smiled softly as he reach out his son's hand and caress them. "Of course you can. You're my son and you can call me dad anytime."

Mark looked up to his father and Taeyong noticed the boy's soft smile. A smile that brings hope the boy."

"When we arrive later, you will meet your other father, Yuta and your brother, Jaemin. They are good people, so don't be afraid around them." Taeyong added and the boy smiled.

---
"Daddy!" Jaemin ran towards his father hugging the long legs then he noticed the boy on the side. He gasps, "you are the crying boy in the funeral. Are you alright?" Jaemin asked in concern.

"He is now okay, Nana. Thank you." Taeyong replied instead and ruffled the hair of his younger son. "Oh by the way, this is Mark. He is your brother."

The boy widened his eyes in surprise, "Brother! I have a brother?!"

"Yes, Nana. He is your older brother."

"Older brother? So he is older than me?" Jaemin questioned and went close to Mark. "How old are you?"

"I'm twelve." Mark shyly replied and noticed the boy counting in his fingers up to twelve.

"This much?" Jaemin asked and Mark nodded his head.

"Oh! And I am this much." Jaemin counted to seven fingers and showed it to Mark and immediately grabbed the older ones arms and pulled him towards the stairs.

"Since you are my brother, I will show you my room and my toys! Come on!"

Mark was dragged as he looked back worriedly to his father who signaled him to just go.

Taeyong smiled at the sight of his younger son accepting his older son immediately and hopes that everything will turn out just fine.
---

Mark is now fixing his things on his new bedroom; one of the guest rooms of the Lee Family house. Mark was comfortable immediately since he was reminded by his room back in the US where he and his father lived. The only difference is that his new room is a bit high-tech, with automatic curtain rollers and a big flat screen TV in front of his king-sized bed.

A knock on the door was heard and he went to it immediately and opened it.

It was not his father nor his half brother but a person he is somewhat acquainted. He bows and greeted.

"Annyeonghaseyo."

"I'm Yuta. Jaemin's other father."

Mark bowed again, "Annyeonghaseyo, Yuta-s---"

"Let me cut to the chase." Yuta interrupted and the boy somewhat stiffened. "You. are. not. my. son." Yuta reiterated glaring and pointing a finger to the boy. "And you should be thankful that I still have mercy to tolerate your existence as your father's son from a past fling because if none, your things are probably outside this house now. Also remember, you tread lightly inside this house and follow. every. rule. You are just a tenant here. Understand?"

Mark never moved a muscle.

"Do you understand?!" Yuta gritted and Mark nodded his head swiftly.

"Good." Yuta was about to turn his back and he added, "Also, stay away from my son." And he slammed the door shut.

Mark sat down on the floor slowly, hugging his legs and started to whimper silently. Thinking to himself if it is right for him to be in this family.

"Daddy, I miss you." He said crying softly.