Chapter 5

Taking It In

Mark woke up and noticed that he was on the floor of his bedroom. Thinking about happened he remembered crying himself to sleep on the floor.


He went to the bathroom, his own bathroom, washed his face and went downstairs.


His father was in the kitchen, cooking breakfast and his new and little brother waiting on the high counter and noticed him.


"Daddy, Makeu-nim is awake." Jaemin called.


Taeyong looked back, "Nana, he is your brother. There's no need to call him "nim". Call him hyung.


"Hyung?" And Taeyong nodded.


"Like how you call Baekhyun-samchon?" And the father nodded again.


"Okay." Jaemin said and looked at his brother. "Makeu-hyung. Come. Sit here." The younger invited.


And the gesture made Taeyong happy and hopes more that everything will be just fine with the new situation they are in.


On the other hand, Mark felt happy. He felt happy that he is reexperiencing what it feels to have a family, specifically having a father and a brother. But that happiness did not last long when he heard a voice behind him.


"Ohayo yorobeu-. Oh." Yuta said and sat down beside Jaemin.


Mark focused his stare on his empty plate, waiting for the food that is being cooked by his father.


Taeyong finished, bringing two plates of egg omelettes and bacon and placed it in front of his family then he returned to the kitchen to get rice. When everything is settled, he sat beside Mark and everyone on the table started to get their share.
"So Mark, after this I want you to fix yourself. We are going." Taeyong announced.


"Where?"


"To your new school."


"Is Makeu-hyung gom to my sku?" Jaemin spoke excitedly with food in his mouth.


"Nana!" Yuta scolded.


"Yes."


And Jaemin jumped from his seat and shouted, "Yay!"


---


Mark and Jaemin waited outside of the principal's office while Taeyong is inside of the office.


"Makeu-hyung! This is my school and I have many friends here and because you are in this school, I know you will have many friends here as well." Jaemin said looking at his brother.

Moments later Taeyong and the principal, Mr. Junmyeon Kim.


"Don't worry Taeyong-ah, everything will be just fine here at the school. We will make sure that Mark will be treated well."


"Thank you Suho-hyung. I will really appreciate that." Taeyong said shaking the hands of the school head and then faced Mark.


"If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask help. Okay?" And Mark nodded his head.


"I better go now. Be good boys." Taeyong said and went on his way.


---


Mark followed Mr. Oh to his classroom will be. As he entered, he saw the class gathered in groups: at the back were boys playing "tag" while on one side are playing something in their phones. But there was one boy who caught his eye, one who was being gathered around. He was talking about something funnt and everyone around him laughed.


Mr. Oh knocked on the door and all the students scrambled in going back to their seats.


"You're a bit noisy today." The teacher commented and the students lowered their head in apology.


"Anyway, seems everything is now in order, it's time for you to meet your new classmate."


And everyone in the room whispered-talk to each other. Surprised that there is a new student in their class.


Mark stepped inside and went at the front and bowed his head.
"안녕하세요! 이민영입니다. 방합습니다." (Good day. I am Lee Minyoung. Nice to meet you.) Mark greeted in Korean.


Generally, the class was wondering on the way he talked. But specifically, some of the girls were swooning silently in their seat seeing the cute guy student that was added in their class.


"Thank you, Mark. Anyway, you might be wondering about Markeu-ah's speaking. He came from the United States but he knows how to speak basic Korean. So please if you can, help him out, okay." Mr. Oh asked.


"Yes." The class responded.


Mr. Oh then told Mark to go to the vacant seat at the far-right, center row of the class. As he passed by...


"Oh my gosh. He's handsome."


"We're so lucky we had a cute guy classmate this time."


And Mark blushed. He never experience that kind of admiration from his former school back in the United States.
As he settled, Mr. Oh started his class.


---


Lunch came and everyone in the room except Mark are starting to go outside. He was about to pull out the lunch his father made for him when someone reprimanded him.


"이씨, 당신은 여기서 먹을 수 없습니다.(Lee-ssi, you are not allowed to eat here.)"


Mark looked up and saw it was the boy student that he remembered earlier being surrounded by his new classmates.


"Huh?" Mark asked.


"당신은 여기서 먹을 수 없습니다."


"죄송 해요. 난 이해가 안 돼요.(I'm sorry. I do not understand.). Mark replied in slow Korean.


"Uh." The boy then spoke with action. "You (pointing at Mark). Not. (Forming "x" with his arms.) Eat (eating). Here. (Pointing on the floor.)


"Oh. I'm sorry. I did not know." Mark apologized.


"Is okay. You have chingu to eat?"

Mark shook his head.


"Come. I eat outside with chingus. You 붙다."


"Jinjja?"


And the boy nodded his head.
And Mark smiled. Hopeful that this will be the day that he will have a friend in his new school. He packed his bags and went out with his classmate.


"I sorry. Donghyuk ipnida." The boy suddenly spoke as they walk along the corridors.


"Minyoung."


"Minyoung. Can I call Minyoung-yah?"
"Ne!."


"Jinjja?! You call me Haechan then."

Donghyuk said and it made Mark smile.


"And you can call me Mark."


"Makeu. Okay. Makeu-yah."


And Mark was really hopeful that he will have a good new life in Korea.