Chapter 3

Taking It In

It was a hectic day in the restaurant but despite that Taeyong has arranged to his staff that he will leave by noontime to attend a very important matter that the employees did not even bother to dig deep what was it about. Aside from the staff, Taeyong told his husband that he will visit the Jungs, which Yuta did not even bothered to react and continued to do his responsibilities as a father to Jaemin ignoring Taeyong more. Taeyong just sighed. He knows that this situation is far from over.

Taeyong drove his way to the Jungs where the said meeting with Jaehyun's lawyer will happen. He can still remember where it is. He had been there a lot of times when Jaehyun and him were still very close to each other as trainees then as idols.

He parks his car and went on his way to the door and knocked. A few moments later the door opened.

"Oh. Hi Mark." Taeyong smiled as he was surprised and greeted the boy who opened the door for him. The boy bowed down in respect.

"Annyeonghaseyo. Lee Taeyong-ssi. Please come in." Mark offered.

Taeyong can notice the sullen face of the boy. He can feel that the boy probably is still crying over his only fathers death.

"How are you, Mark?" Taeyong asked showing a bit of concern.

"I'm fine Mr. Lee." The boy replied flatly.

"That's---that's good to hear. Anyway, is your halmeoni and halbeoji here?"

Mark nodded in response. "Yes they are in the garden."

And Taeyong also nodded his head and went to the place together with Mark.

There in the small garden were Jaehyun's parents, Doyoung and an American man dressed in a white polo shirt, brown tuxedo and khaki cotton pants.

"Oh Taeyong. You're here. I did not expect you to come." Jaehyun's father was surprised.

"Good day Mr. And Mrs. Jung." Taeyong paid respect to the old couple bowing his head in front of them.

"Johnny and I invited him to come here for this because we think he has the right to know about this. I do hope that it does not bother you Mr. And Mrs. Jung." Doyoung added.

"Oh don't worry Doyoung dear." Mrs. Jung replied with endearment. "Taeyong is like a son to us."

Mr. Jung came closer to Taeyong and put his hands on the younger man's shoulders. "To be honest Taeyong. We were expecting that you will, in the end, marry our son you know. At first we all thought that the both of you are close friends. Until we found out from Yoonoh that you've had instances of sleeping with him, which resulted to Minyoung. He was already in America that time and me and my wife were so worried about him and his condition. I almost went to your dorm to threaten you to marry Yoonoh but my son pleaded me not to do something to you and let you be." Mr. Jung said.

Mrs. Jung then reached out her hand to hold Taeyong's and smiled, "I can see that time in my son's eyes that you are more than a friend to him. He loves you."

Taeyong's eyes widened, "He-he loves me?"

And the wife nodded her head, "He said that he does not want to burden you to be responsible to him and to your son. He decided to keep Minyoung, give birth to him, raise and love him."

With teary eyes, Taeyong looked at the boy who was sitting on the swing at the side of the garden. Mark is looking down in sadness. Taeyong have not experienced it but he empathizes with the boy. Growing up with only one father who was very supportive and very loving and losing him suddenly and at such a young age is devastating.

"We are trying our best to comfort Minyoung but..." Mrs. Jung added and teared up. Her husband suddenly rushed towards her and comforted her.

"I'm so sorry." Mrs. Jung said in her tears.

"It's okay. Mrs. Jung. I really understand." Taeyong replied.

"I think we have to hear out Jaehyun's attorney now." The husband added.

"Before anything Taeyong, this is Mr. Anderson, Jaehyun's lawyer." Doyoung introduced and the lawyer shook hands with Taeyong.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Lee."

"You too attorney."

Everybody sat down on their chairs as the lawyer started.

"Jaehyun and I had been friends even before Mark was born. I was the one who welcomed him to Disney and when I found out that he was pregnant, I helped him out to save his post in the company. There was no ruckus but just for safety, Jaehyun and I do not want him to be bad on the public's eyes. Jaehyun made me into Mark's godfather and when Mark became a year old, he drafted his will." The lawyer said as he pulled out sheets of paper and laid them in his lap.

"So the will goes, "I, Jaehyun Jung, or Jung Yoonoh in Korean, of legal age, a Korean and American citizen with residence in Beverly Hills, Hollywood, California, do hereby draft this will in case I die.""

Everybody was keenly listening to the lawyer as he reads the will.

"I want all my assets to be given to my son, Mark Jung Lee, whose Korean name is Lee Minyoung. But if ever that Mark has not yet reached the legal age, the care and responsibility of these assets will be given to my parents, to Mr. Doyoung Kim and Mr. Johnny Seo. My possessions  in the United States will be under the care of Mr. Kim and Mr. Seo while those in Korea will be on my parents. They will be the legal guardians of these assets but are not allowed to sell or give them away to anyone and should manage them well. Only my son, when he reaches the western legal age of 18 is allowed to decide on what to do with my possessions."

Doyoung swallowed the lump in his throat, "What? Me and Johnny? But - but they're a lot!"

"They are still there?" Mr. Jung asked.

"Yes sir." Doyoung replied. "Their house in Beverly Hills. The diner in Sunset Strip. At least 10 food trucks, an apartment in New York, and the villa in New Orleans."

Taeyong was surprised, "That's how rich and successful Jaehyun is?" Then he smiled, "I'm so proud of him."

"There is still more. So, "Regarding Mark's father, Mr. Taeyong Lee..." The lawyer spoke.

"I knew it." Doyoung smirked making Taeyong nervous.

"Sir?" Taeyong said, pleading the lawyer to let him hear what was written.

"In the event that Mr. Lee will know about his son, he has the option to accept him or not. His decision will be vital to the final part of my possessions."

"Please continue, Mr. Anderson." Mrs. Jung said.

"All of my bank accounts will be transferred to my son's name, Mark Lee. This will be for any necessity that Mark will be needing and wanting. If Mr. Taeyong Lee will take my son under his care, he will be the legal guardian for this bank accounts. If not, it will be my parents. But either will not have access to this money or use this money for their own personal necessities. This will only be exclusive for my son's use."

And the particulars nodded in agreement to the wishes.

"Lastly, I want my son to stay in Korea until he is of legal age and then he can decide if he wants to stay or go back to the United States. He will continue his studies and live in Korea.

Mark lifted up his head when he heard his name and his father's wishes. Taeyong had a look and he saw fear in the boy's face.

Then the lawyer continued to read, "Minyoung-ah, by the time you read or heard this letter, I pray that you are already old enough to understand. I know that you sometimes feel alone because I am busy with work. I am sorry my son. But all of these things are not for me, these are for you. Don't hate Appa, okay? Be strong even more. Be a good kid. I will always be proud of you."

And Mark cried, running inside his grandparents's house.

"Minyoung!" Mrs. Jung followed her grandson immediately. Leaving the men in the garden.

"And to the guardians, please take care of my Mark. He is my most precious possession. Signed, Jung Yoon-oh."

And silence engulfed the place. Trying to understand every detail of the late Jaehyun's wishes.

"I will take him." Taeyong started.

"What?" Doyoung asked in surprise.

"Mark. I will take him in."

"But, what about Yuta?"

"I will let him understand no matter what. Mark is my son and I have to fulfill that responsibility. Not because of Jaehyun's wishes, but because I am a father. I missed a lot of time and I have to make up for the both of them. Now is the time to do that."

Mr. Jung went closer to Taeyong, hugged him and pat his back softly, "I always know that you will not let Jaehyun down. Or in this case I believe that you will care for yours and Jaehyun's son. I hope everything will turn out fine."

"I hope so sir. But for Jaehyun, I will do my best."