Chapter 1

Taking It In

Taking it In
Chapter 1
Lee Taeyong's life has never been more perfect. He is a famous chef and owns Seoul's famous 5-Michelin Star restaurant, which is a frequent place to eat for Korean and even International Celebrities (even Vatican's Pope paid a visit and ate their). He is also  a talented dancer and rapper, which gave him a career that supported his studies to become a chef. It was always his goal to have a stable life, and believed that being an idol is not forever and having a stable contingency plan is always important in life. He has also the looks. Tall and looked like a character from a manhwa, girls (and even boys) fall for his attributes and charisma. From getting gifts from fans to being offered indecent proposals and some few rumors and scandals (which were not true), he experienced it. But if he is asked what are the things he could easily let go, he would say everything except for his husband,  the former Japanese international football player, Nakamoto Yuta and their son Jaemin.

"My love for my husband and son are so valuable even my skills and looks cannot afford to pay for them if I lose them." Taeyong said once in a interview witb Forbes.

He met Yuta when Taeyong was still an idol.  Taeyong's group were given a chance to perform during the Tokyo Olympics and there it was where he met him during the closing ceremony and everything went on smoothly. A year after knowing each other they surprised the world of their marriage and sudden resignation of Taeyong as an idol to start pursing a career in culinary arts and within the year their son, Lee Jaemin, (or Na[kamoto] Jaemin in Japanese) was born. Their child has been Taeyong's inspiration to finish culinary arts faster and start his own restaurant, which after seven years, became where it is now.

---

"Daddy! Daddy!" Jaemin yelled as he runs toward his father inside their busy restaurant. At the far end of the table has Taeyong and SM CEO Lee Sooman talking.

"Oh look who's here! It's my little Nana!" Taeyong said as he opens his arms and catch his son in a warm embrace. "Now, daddy has a visitor right now. What would you say?"

Jaemin broke himself from his dad's embrace, faced towards Mr. Lee and bowed his body at a 90-degree angle. "Annyeonghaseyo Ajussi."

Lee Sooman retured a bow too and greeted back. "Annyeonghaseyo, Jaemin."

"Nana! How many times did I tell.you not to run inside the restaurent especially when it is busy? You might hit someone and cause a mess." Yuts scolded and only there he realized the visitor. "Oh, annyeonghaseyo Lee-PDnim." Yuta greeted.

"Annyeonghaseyo too, Yuta." The CEO responded.

"Nana, why don't you go to daddy'a office and do your homework?" Yuta asked his son.

"Ok papa." Jaemin nodded and picked up his bag which Yuta laid on the chair.

"Oh! And Nana, pass by the kitchen amd get your snacks, okay?" Taeyong added.

Jaemin smiled so wide, "Thanks dad!" And the boy left the table skipping his way to the kitchen to get his precious snacks making the adults giggle.

"You are very lucky to have a son like him." CEO Lee commended.

Taeyong held Yuta's hand smiling at him. "Yes we are LEE-PDnim."

---

"I can't believe Lee PDnim struck a deal with you to expand your restaurant to the international scene." Yuta said as he wipes the table. Their restaurant was closing for the day.

"Yeah. I was even surprised. I really owe him a lot." Taeyong replied. Busy arranging the wine glasses in the rack.

"Well, you helped his restaurant get the fame it has right now. Aside from being the leader, dancer and rapper of your "internationally known group". Yuta detailed which makes Taeyong smile. Before he started his own restaurant, SM Resto was his training ground.

They were about to end their task when suddenly the glass door of their restaurant opened.

"I'm sorry but we're already closed for the ---". Taeyong said and stopped, eyes going wide at the person who entered his restaurant.

"Doyoung!"

He put the wiping towel on the counter and walked briskly towards the man and hugged him tight.

"It's been so, so long." He broke the hug and laid his hands on the guest's shoulders. "How are you?"

Doyoung smiled but Taeyong noticed that it is not his former member's usual bunny smile that he remembers. It is more of a forced one.

"I've been good Yongie. But I'm here to tell you something."

---

Yuta is now rubbing Taeyong's back as his husband sobs in sorrow.

"Taeil hyung will arrive tonight from LA but we still don't know if Johnny hyung will be able to get out of the hospital because of his condition while the WayV guys suspended their other World Tour venues. They're in Beijing right now and will fly here to Seoul for the funeral." Doyoung said.

"I just can't believe that this would happen to us. To him. I never thought the last time I will be seeing him was those few years ago when he suddenly left us for a career overseas."

In the background was the news that broke their hearts.

"Radio DJ, host and former NCT member Jung Jaehyun died in an airplane crash in Busan. Together with him was Johnny Seo, his colleague DJ, host and also a former member of NCT, who is now in critical condition, was taken immediately to a hospital here in Seoul after being stablized in a hospital in Busan. The two celebrities, together with their staff came all the way from San Fransisco, California and were flying to Seoul for a special anniversary program of NCT Night Night; a radio segment that the two started. According to reports, the plane they were aboard to experienced engine malfunction between the Japanese and Korean airspace. The pilot requested immediate emergency landing on the nearby airport of Busan. As the plane was about to touchdown the runway, one of the engines exploded causing the plane to fly off course of the runway and crash to the field  nearby. As of now only Mr. Jung and one staff were declared dead on the spot. The plane crew and other passengers are receiving treatment in a hospital in Busan."

Taeyong was now crying hard being comforted by his husband and friend.

---

It was heartbreaking for the group as they marched their way to the final resting place of their good friend. Johnny was the only one who was not there as he was still recovering from his injuries. During the funeral, Taeyong noticed a boy,  together with Jaehyun's parents, carrying Jaehyun's photo while crying. He wonders and reminded himself to ask after the funeral was done.

After the funeral, one by one the guests went on their way. The last ones to be left behind were Taeyong and his family, Doyoung and Jaehyun's parents. They were talking together and Taeyong noticed the boy crouching and crying in front of Jaehyun's tombstone.

"Excuse me Doyoung, I just like to ask. Who is that kid? The one who brought Jaehyun's photo?" Taeyong asked.

Doyoung noticed the kid and get him and brought to in front of Taeyong.

"Hi kid. What's your name?" Taeyong asked.

"M-mark." The boy answered with all his might while crying and looking down.

"T-taeyong." Doyoung spoke nervously. "I need to tell you something."

Taeyong looked at his friend waiting.

"This is Mark...Lee. His Korean name is Lee Minyoung. He is 12 years old."

But what he heard next shattered him more.

"He is Jaehyun's son...

 

 

...and yours."