006

When I'm With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Joohyun arrived at the lobby of her hotel, clad in her aquamarine turtle neck long sleeves dress underneath her gray trousers, a pair of black slacks and her feet covered with her stilettos, as the employees greeted her.

 

She continued to walk without sparing anyone a glance. Leading to how the staffs were always anxious whenever she's around.

 

Upon arriving at top floor, her secretary bowed to her. He fixed his eyeglasses before following his boss inside the office.

 

"What are my schedules for today?" Her tone was serious and very business-like manner.

 

Mr. Lee cleared his throat before discussing all her schedules for the day.

 

"And last, this early evening...you have a dinner with the chairman." Her secretary informed her as he closed the planner on his hand.

 

"My schedule is full today. Do you hate me this much that this day had to be a toxic one?" She attempted to joke but the male before her blinked in confusion.

 

"Eh?"

 

Joohyun mentally slapped her face for trying to pull a joke yet failing so much.

 

But she was Bae Joohyun for god’s sake!

 

So she did her best to look unbothered and firm.

 

"Never mind. Can you ask GM Park to go in my office?" She requested instead.

 

"Yes, president." He bowed one more time before he left. When Joohyun was so sure that her secretary vacated the office she groaned.

 

"Ugh! Kang Seulgi, you . I shouldn't have listened to you."

 

It was their later conversation last night that made her rethink on her approach with people. Maybe she's right. Her strict and intimidating being, scare people away.

 

 

"Why don't you loosen up? Just relax around your employees so they'll feel that they could talk to you with their troubles."

 

Joohyun eyed the monolid girl, her eyes twitching. "You do know that I'm the president right? And not a ing guidance counselor at a school."

 

Seulgi laughed. Everytime they converse, Joohyun will always have a response no matter what. And she noticed how the shorter girl doesn't want to lose in any conversation.

 

"What I'm trying to say is that...your employees could talk to you about work matters freely. They won't hesitate to voice out their ideas and all when it comes to their job if only you lessen your…"

 

"My what?"

 

"See? I'll make sure to shove some chill pill in your system next time. Smile more and be a little less fearful."

 

Joohyun exhaled, deep in her thoughts as she tried to reconsider what Seulgi was saying.

 

 

"Stupid, stupid Bae Joohyun. Why are you even listening to that idiot?" She mumbled darkly.

 

"Why are you talking to yourself?" Sooyoung blurted out, amused by the president's odd behavior.

 

Joohyun jolted on her seat, obviously surprised when the giant woman spoke. She never even noticed her entering the place.

 

"N-nothing~"

 

"Heh~ nothing ey? Anyways, what's up? Why did you summon me today?"

 

"I wanted to sell someone's body to a demon. Can you help me with that?" She asked dryly. Sooyoung chuckled.

 

Aside from Seulgi, Sooyoung is that kind of friend who would totally poison her thoughts with some irrelevant stuff at the moment but it'll definitely make sense in the future or she just wanted to annoy the hell out of her friend just like that.

 

"Why? You're gonna sell you body?" She cackled, only to dodge a flying sign pen towards her.

 

"I'll kill you after I got what I needed from you. You have to go to some meetings with me today. I'll need your expertise when it comes to dealing with people." Joohyun began to gather all the papers scattered on her desk as she placed it on a drawer.

 

"Why don't you lessen your look that could make people have a heart attack just by meeting your gaze? Don't be too intense, president." Sooyoung walked towards the door as she gave her friend a playful wink.

 

"I'll be there. I'll just be giving some instructions to Manager Lim. Later, Joo." She waved her hand and left the place, leaving Joohyun by herself.

 

 

"Why should I? There's a reason why you exist, Dan!" Seulgi groaned as her younger brother followed her inside her walk-in closet.

 

"So no." She downright rejected him.

 

"Noona, I just need you to help me just this once. I promise, your identity won't be exposed." He begged once more as his noona appeared, already wearing her casual get up, a hoodie and skinny jeans.

 

"And how am I going to explain my presence to our soon to be business partners?" She arched her eyebrow and shook her head.

 

Daniel let out a defeated sigh. At least he tried. But he was so frustrated because it's during this time that he felt like running away.

 

Since he graduated, he was already assigned in a position he never asked for. He wanted to understand his sister's reason to hide her identity from the world but it's getting out of hand. His plates are full and he couldn't handle more. If only Seulgi would take her supposed seat, it'll be less difficult for him.

 

He just wanted to rest. But he couldn't.

 

"Fine. You know what, never mind. I'll just cut myself into half if I could." He breathed out and pinched his nose bridge due to the stress crawling upwards, giving him a headache.

 

"Just so you know, noona…"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter