004

When I'm With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Sooyoung and Joohyun exited the café after buying what they needed. They are now heading back to the hotel for work duties.

 

But Seulgi won’t get away with her friend’s curiosity, her eyes filled with questions. Seungwan continued to stare at her friend while Seulgi sighed in surrender.

 

“I know you have questions. Fire away.” The monolid girl said as she was in the middle of fixing the cakes on the rack. There was silence for a good minute before Seulgi glanced at her friend briefly, she sighed.

 

“How come you know the president of that hotel? T-the…I mean Sooyoung’s boss.” She couldn’t believe how her friend talked to the gorgeous lady like Joohyun as if they were close friends. She’s the girlfriend of GM Park Sooyoung and yet it’s her first time meeting Bae Joohyun.

 

Seulgi was fascinated at her boss’ bewildered expression and she couldn’t help but to feel like wallowing to be acquainted with Joohyun.

 

“I just…met her in a very odd way.” Her answer was brief with an ounce of mystery. She didn’t make an effort to elaborate how they really ran into each other.

 

“Just that?”

 

The taller girl, who was now wiping and placing the names of the cake just in front of the it, grinned with a shrug. “Yeah, just that. Now excuse me boss while I check the inventory inside.” She saluted before disappearing to the kitchen.

 

Seungwan was stunned but she decided to let it go, for now.

 

 

Jinyoung, with others, gathered for a lunch near Apgujong. Since, it’s been awhile when they last had their hangout. It happened back when they we’re still in their college days at Japan.

 

Inside a secluded part of the restaurant, Jinyoung sat there with Mark and Jackson. He was currently narrating the time where he bumped into Seulgi.

 

Kang Seulgi was one of the boys back in Japan. They were close but she was the closest to Jinyoung.

 

“Really? Seulgi is married now? With who?” The blonde guy, Jackson, asked.

 

Jinyoung shook his head and snorted. “I don’t know yet. But if you would think about it, she was just saying that to save her pride. You know, with what happened back then, I strongly believe that she’s only getting back at me.”

 

“Dude. You became Jisoo’s boyfriend when you fully know that your best friend likes her. And I don’t see the reason why she needs to get back at you.” Jackson reminded him of what he did in the past. “May it be true or not. We never really know. Let’s just be happy that she already found someone for a lifetime.”

 

Still, Jinyoung wasn’t convinced at all.

 

Mark, on the other hand, was busy sipping on his drink quietly. Typical Mark Tuan.

 

“I don’t care. She’s just bluffing for sure.”

 

Then their usually late friend, Im Jaebum, came in, panting. He looked like he ran from a mile.

 

“Ya, you’re late again.” Jinyoung scolded him but he fervently waved his hand.

 

“There’s a reason why I’m late. And you won’t believe what I saw. So just in case you’ll doubt me, I made sure to have some evidence.” He spoke fast before sitting beside Jinyoung. The latter eyed him.

 

“What is it? Is there anything else interesting than Seulgi’s marriage?” Jackson mused while playing on his drink with his straw.

 

Park Jinyoung, being the bitter ex-best friend, insisted, “I told you, we weren’t invited. How sure are you that she really has a wife?”

 

Jaebum gasped, looking like he was so thrilled about it. “Yes! That’s the thing, I saw Seulgi with my own two eyes! With her wife! She’s really married.”

 

Jinyoung’s eyes rounded in horror, he immediately whipped his head towards Jaebum. “No way!”

 

“Oh yes way!” Jaebum grinned as he pulled out his phone and showed to them the picture he had captured.

 

He was on his way to a jewelry store to check something for his sister, when he saw Seulgi coming out from the café with a short female dragging her outside.

 

Judging from the way they talk and the look on his friend’s face, they we’re being so chummy with each other.

 

He was slightly taken aback to see her with someone. So he took the liberty to take a snap secretly.

 

“Oh my god, that’s her wife?! She’s the epitome of a beautiful goddess.” Jackson awed, his jaw dropping at some point. Mark took a glance at the photo and his eyes almost popped out from their sockets.

 

Holy mother bunny.

 

Jinyoung’s eyebrows furrowed, annoyed by the fact that there’s proof of Seulgi holding someone’s hand that could be her wife.

 

“I know right. We didn’t know that her wife is the infamous Bae Joohyun. I’ve seen her on televisions but not up close like this.” The chinky-eyed male laughed while Mark’s eyes twitched in interest.

 

He was the most non-vocal among them. Ever since he joined the group, he never usually talks, almost in his own world but you can always count on him when you’re in need. He was known as a part of the elusive Tuan family who owns a lot of establishment around the world. But he was never the type to brag, he never even mention anything about his family.

 

All they know was that he’s a Tuan heir, the quiet type of guy who could care less about something he’s not supposed to pry. That’s all. He has a lot of connections but not even his friends new about it. Just the Mark Tuan they hang out with.

 

After he graduated from Japan, he went back to Taiwan and lived there for years. It was before he accepted the job offer to be the director of Tuan Holdings in Seoul, Korea.

 

The boys weren’t even aware that Joohyun is his cousin. And judging by what seemed to be happening, he found it amusing to watch by the shadows and let the situation unfold.

 

So he decided to keep his family backgro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter