003

When I'm With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Seulgi entered the gates and walked with familiarity. However, she chewed her lip nervously before grabbing the handle of the front door. It frightened her to face her cousin’s fury for her unwise plan to brag to her ex-best friend.

 

Prior in doing so, the door flung opened with much force. It revealed a young lady in a floral dress, glaring at her.

 

Seulgi gulped.

 

“What took you so long, hon?” She raised an eyebrow at her while giving a hard stress on the word hon.

 

Then the taller girl does what she did was best, thinking that she could escape the wrath of her cousin. She pouted so sad with a puppy eyes look, glistening with a salty tear.

 

“Huh. Nice try but you won’t get away with it, unnie.” With that, Yeri padded towards the dining room.

 

Seulgi just sighed in surrender.

 

A girl could try, right?

 

“Oh Seulgi-ah. Come and sit. Let’s have dinner.” Mrs. Kang invited her eldest with a soft smile and patted the chair next to hers. Seulgi couldn’t help but to lift the side of her lips upward. “Yes, ma.”

 

The male sitting across her looked from his plate and gave her a questioning gaze. He could see her tensed expression in combination of Yerim’s sour face.

 

Seulgi locked eyes with him and just shook her head before grabbing her spoon to eat.

 

“So how’s work? Are you having a hard time there with Seungwan?” Mrs. Kang asked while slicing the meat on her plate.

 

The girl shook her head and took a spoonful of rice and a piece of beef strip in .

 

Kang Seulgi was usually like this. She loved to eat with her heart’s content because she enjoys the food this way. Not your typical ladies who cared more with their looks while eating.

 

She lived like that even at Japan where she used to study. It’s not like she doesn’t have any table etiquette or something. It’s just the way she eats and they could actually understand her.

 

“Then did you close the coffee shop late? It took you a long time coming here.” The elder slightly frowned.

 

Yerim, on the other hand, snorted. “Yeah, tell us about it hon, why are you running a little late tonight?”

 

The other two just kept on eating.

 

Seulgi choked on her food that made her mother worry. “Goodness, Seulgi! This is why I told you to eat slowly.” She rubbed her daughter’s back soothingly after gliding a glass of water to her.

 

Yerim snickered silently while watching her cousin have a hard time breathing.

 

The man beside her sent her a look. He mouthed, “What’s going on?”

 

The younger girl shook her head while chuckling.

 

After the dinner, the three youngsters were in the living room while Mrs. Kang decided to retire in her room.

 

“Ya, Yeri. What was that earlier?”

 

“Ask your sister, Daniel.” She rolled her eyes before grabbing herself some sliced apples.

 

“It’s oppa for you. Thank you.” The male reminded her but she’s Kim Yerim. No one can actually reason out with her even though she’s the youngest in the household.

 

“Whatever, Dan. You’re welcome.” She hummed, Daniel made a face at her.

 

“Noona, what is this punk talking about? And why did she call you hon earlier?”

 

Seulgi bit her lower lip and refused to talk because she’s so embarrassed on what she did. It was lame but she needed an escape. And that phone call gave her an idea without thinking of the consequences it brings.

 

“Do I have to guess this one? I don’t have the whole day to do it. You guys better be telling me that now or else...” Daniel sighed and leaned his back on the sofa.

 

“Seulgi unnie lied to someone.” Yeri blurted out in an amused tone. Seulgi’s eyes widened while fidgeting on her seat.

 

Daniel frowned. “What do you mean lied?”

 

The eldest Kang contemplated but she has to tell them. “I lied to Park Jinyoung. I...I bumped into him before coming here.”

 

“Park Jinyoung? Your bff?” He scoffed.

 

Seulgi had to laugh at how her brother addressed him but it kind of made her at peace, knowing that he’s on her side ever since.

 

“Yeah, him. Apparently, he lives in the neighborhood...with Jisoo sunbae.”

 

“And what’s the connection of this and the lying part?” Daniel started to get confused. He couldn’t understand how Jinyoung’s appearance relates to the lie.

 

Yeri snorted, “Your sister called me hon on the phone while I’m trying to get a hold of her whereabouts. Duh.”

 

Daniel nodded but still doesn’t get it. Yerim wanted to slap his face so he could decipher the clues she’s giving him.

 

“O-kay? So?”

 

“So? This unnie told that jerk that she’s married. That she has a wife. Pabo, Daniel.” She muttered under her breath.

 

“What?!” The young male exclaimed and stared at his sister weirdly, he was shocked to even react with the way Yeri called him by his name. “Are you dumb, noona? Why would you lie like that?”

 

Seulgi grew frustrated as it is. She doesn’t even know why. She realized her stupid escape plan too late. And right now, she’s afraid to cross paths with Jinyoung, especially Jisoo.

 

And…she’s being scolded by the two people younger than her.

 

Yeah the dumb and dumber siblings. Yeri shook her head.

 

“I don’t know okay? He pissed me off gloating about marriage so…”

 

“So your pride couldn’t let that go? But noona, do you understand the weight of this lie?”

 

“Well, I think I have to stay under his radar. I’ll stop visiting here for awhile.” She nodded, for her it sounded a good plan but it’s actually not.

 

“Do you even he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter