It's Just a Walk

I Want What I Want, and That's you

Jeonghan grinned at his reflection, making sure his buttons were done correctly. Time to go meet the omega of his dreams. He whirled, moving fast to grab his newest gift. He knew, aka found out, that Joshua was well read and loved a good book. And hopefully he’d love this book Jeonghan picked up.

He practically skipped down the stairs, unable to hide his joy.

“Where are you going brother?”

Jeonghan smiled at his little sister. “Off for a walk.”

Her eyebrows flew up, “A walk? This early in the morning? I don’t believe you.” She scoffed.

Winking at her, he replied, “It’s a very special walk. I’ll be back with a present if you’re a good girl. Have a good morning sister.” He waved as he left.


Jeonghan schooled his face, waiting for the servant to announce him. He couldn’t help the grin that broke out on his face as he saw Joshua come into the hall. Scratch that. More like ran into the hall.

Joshua smiled back.

“Joshua! Where are you going son?!”

“For a walk father! I told you already!” Joshua sounded cute all exasperated, Jeonghan mused.

Marquis Hong came into view. “You didn’t tell me with whom you’d being taking a walk with.” His lips thinned as he laid eyes on Jeonghan. “An alpha? Duke Yoon’s son?”

Joshua stood in front of Jeonghan, half turned to his father. It was enough to show Jeonghan that Joshua was wearing the earrings he had given him. They suited him well.

“Yes fat—”

“Yoon Jeonghan your grace,” Jeonghan bowed. “I came to take Joshua out on a morning walk. If that’s all right with you?”

Joshua let out a little huff. “It’s perfectly fine with me. Come Jeonghan.” He tugged on Jeonghan’s sleeve, moving towards the door.

“However, I never gave you permission Joshua. Stop right there.” He looked at Jeonghan. “You are courting my son? Without my permission?”

“I said yes,” Joshua piped up. “I don’t see why Jeonghan needs your permission. All he needs is mine,” he continued, raising his eyebrow at his own father, challenging him. “I’m not a wilting omega.”

Marquis Hong faltered at that. “Come now Joshua. You didn’t at least think it would be wise tell us who you were going with. Considering who it is.” At the word who, he eyed Jeonghan like he was gum on his shoe.

“I did tell someone,” Joshua said. “I told Mother and Minghao. You know what they’re capable of if anything were to happen.”

His father nodded reluctantly. Maybe Joshua’s father wasn’t really giving him so much freedom, so much as Joshua was taking it for himself. Interesting. Jeonghan would have his hands full. “You’re our only child, my angel. At least tell your dear father about important matters such as these.”

He was a doting father. Jeonghan would be demanned if he so much as made Joshua sniff sadly most likely.

“Well now you know. I’m going on a walk with Jeonghan. I’ll be back for lunch. Perhaps. Goodbye Father.” Joshua turned towards the door. “Come Jeonghan.”

“Of course. Would you like my arm?” Jeonghan offered, walking in stride with Joshua.

“Maybe later,” Joshua replied. “The scenic route will be nice today.”

Jeonghan hummed, drinking Joshua in. He’d always have a lovely sight in his eyes. As long as Joshua allowed Jeonghan to be near him.