Let's Make Things Clear

I Want What I Want, and That's you

“Is this a normal occurrence?” Jeonghan glanced over to Joshua who side eyed him.

“You mean me telling my father what I will be doing? Or me going on outings with alphas that I barely know?”

Jeonghan’s eyebrows flew up. Fiery. Joshua was a spitfire. “The part of you telling your father what you’d be doing. It’s none of my business if you went on outings with alphas you barely now before me. I just hope now that you gave me permission to court, that I am the only one doing so.”

“And if you weren’t?” Joshua stopped, staring Jeonghan down.

He had a fierce gaze. Jeonghan could get lost in those eyes. He swallowed heavily, ignoring his inner alpha raging at the thought of not being Joshua’s only. “It is ultimately up to you.”

“Interesting. The gossip paints you as dumb blonde playboy,” Joshua said, giving Jeonghan a teasing smile. “You have lots to show me, I hope. To see if you’re the one.”

Letting out a sigh of relief, Jeonghan nodded. He knew of the gossip. Parts of it was regretfully true, the flirting playboy phase of his life. He wasn’t dumb, just not interested most of the time.

“Starting with that book in your hands,” Joshua pointed. He had an impish smile on his face. “A present for me? You better hope that I haven’t read it yet, or I would have to refuse the gift on principle.”

He stood there, more than a bit blown away. Joshua wasn’t quite the shy, lovely omega he had pegged him to be. “You’re more brazen then I was led to believe. You show a different side of you at parties and balls.”

“A brazen omega not to your liking?” Joshua quirked his eyebrow at Jeonghan. “Let’s get this out of the way then. I’m quite soft spoken on a normal basis but I’m not the type of omega that will blindly obey someone simply because your secondary gender may be better than mine.” Joshua sneered at the word better. “If you’re looking for a meek, pretty, house husband; I suggest you look elsewhere. And take back these earrings.” His hands moved up as to take them out.

Jeonghan’s free hand flew up, snatching at his wrist. “No,” he said, a little more forcefully than he liked. “I didn’t choose you because I thought you’d be like that. Granted I can’t help but find you thoroughly attractive, but the fiery side of you.” Like the way Joshua’s eyes blazed at him. “It’s just as entrancing.”

Joshua’s right hand came to cup the side of his face. “You really are more than your handsome looks. A forward thinking alpha.” He smiled, “It would be an adventure to see if you can handle me.” Gently, he slipped his rather thin wrist out of Jeonghan’s hold, relaxing. “Now about that present. Perhaps you’d like to read it with me. Over there at the bench underneath the wisteria tree.”

Jeonghan could see this was just one of many battles he’d likely lose, and be just fine losing. “Of course.  Your voice is like a melody. I’d be honored to hear it.”

The apples of Joshua’s cheeks went red like the lipstick Jeonghan’s cousin liked to use if she wanted to be tarty. He couldn’t stop his hand from reaching out to gently caress them, whispering, “You’re the loveliest.”