Whisk me Away

I Want What I Want, and That's you

Joshua kept reading, saying the words out loud for Jeonghan to hear as well. He let Jeonghan flip the page of the chapter they were on. “That’s enough for today. It’s getting close to noon.”

Jeonghan undid the ribbon tie on his shirt, using it as a bookmark. It opened the v of his shirt, showing a bit of chest. “Would you like to get lunch with me? I know a place that serves the best iced tea.”

Humming, Joshua thought about it. Well, he thought about how his rather forward attitude didn’t dissuade Jeonghan. And what possessed him into saying yes to Jeonghan’s request of courting him. If Joshua listened to that tiny part of his brain hard enough, he’d hear it whisper that he liked how Jeonghan flattered him with his attention when they saw each other and now with his words; Jeonghan being handsome didn’t hurt either. Learning that Jeonghan liked the fire in him, made Joshua’s impression of him go up several notches. “We’d be back home before 3? I have a prior engagement.”

“I’ll make sure you are,” Jeonghan said gallantly.

Joshua shook his head, smiling. “A gallant knight. All right then. Whisk me away to somewhere nice.”

Jeonghan held out his hand, palm up, giving Joshua a teasing grin.

Playing along, Joshua gently put his hand in Jeonghan’s. Jeonghan lifted him up, effortlessly so, showing off his strength. Fighting a blush when Jeonghan bent his head to lay a kiss on the top of Joshua’s hand, he let his hand stay in Jeonghan’s.

“If you allowed me.” He gazed into Joshua’s eyes, giving him that boyish smile that his mother told him made people swoon. “I’d whisk you away to wherever you wanted to go.”

“If we go that far,” Joshua said softly, “I will hold you to that.”