I Want What I Want, and That's you

I Want What I Want, and That's you

“You can’t have the Hong heir,” his father snapped. Eyes blazing, he scowled. “That omega isn’t worthy of your time!”

Jeonghan’s eyebrows rose high. Joshua Hong not worthy of his time? The Hong heir was kind, gorgeous, and witty. And he gave Jeonghan the prettiest of smiles. There were no other omegas that had eyes that shined as brightly as Joshua’s.  Jeonghan would have no one but him. He had to physically push people out of his way just to get near. “I wasn’t asking you father. I was telling you.”

Hands slammed the table, “I forbid you!”

His father was practically frothing at the mouth. It wasn’t as if Joshua’s family were pariahs nor were they destitute. If anything, they had more money and connections than Jeonghan’s family. Jeonghan would be so lucky to have Joshua, and going off those smiles and coy looks Joshua wasn’t spurning his initial advances.

Jeonghan’s eyebrows rose even higher. “You’ll find that there is very little you can forbid me to do. Especially since I have means of my own. And a title.” It was a minor one in comparison to the one he’d inherit but it was better than nothing at all. Jeonghan was a knight of the realm and an alpha. “Unless you have a good reason for me to not start courting him?”

His lips thinned.

Jeonghan waited. One horse ride. Two horse rides. Three horse rides and no answer. “I’ll be around for the weekly dinner father.” Jeonghan beamed at him before walking away.


Jeonghan hummed as he looked at what was currently being offered to him. None of them quite looked right though. A jewel for someone like Joshua had to be stunning, especially since it would be Jeonghan’s token asking if he could court Joshua. It had to be right.

“Joshua’s partials to blues and pink stones. He happens to like diamonds as well,” a voice said to Jeonghan’s left.

Turning slowly, Jeonghan gave a polite smile. Ahh. Lord Chwe’s son. One of Joshua’s close friends.

“And you’re telling me this because?”

He shrugged. “Seungkwan mentioned you were having a hard time.” Leaning in, he whispered, “And Joshua seems to like you so I figured I’d help you out a bit.” He pulled back, smiling at Jeonghan. “Good luck.”

Jeonghan was close with Seungkwan and Seungkwan wouldn’t send somebody who’d sabotage him to Jeonghan. “I’d like to see all the jewelry that contains blue, pink, or diamonds.”

“Of course, your grace.”

Jeonghan would find one that would suit Joshua.


“Good afternoon Lord Jeonghan,” Joshua said, gracing Jeonghan with one of those lovely smiles of his. “What brings you to my home?”

Jeonghan bowed shallowly. He noted that no one was in the room with them. Marquis Hong gave his beloved son all the freedom he could. Leaving his omega son in the same room with an alpha. Marquis Hong trusted his son quite a bit. “I have something for you. A token of my interest. The first token if you will have it. And me.”

Joshua beckoned him over, palm laid open.

Gently, Jeonghan laid the gilded box in his hand.

Joshua opened it, a smile making its way onto his lips.

Jeonghan held in his smug grin. He had picked out a pair of earrings shaped like stars. Initially they held black stones, but he had them replaced with sea colored stones that twinkled, much like Joshua’s eyes.

“The stones reminded me of how your eyes twinkle,” Jeonghan confessed.

“You always have such sweet words to say to me,” Joshua said. “Why?”

“Sweet words for such a sweet person. You only deserve nice things,” Jeonghan answered.

Joshua’s cheeks became rosy; he averted his eyes. Likely to collect himself. “If you are truly as dashing as your words make you out to be,” Joshua spoke quietly, “I accept your token Lord Jeonghan.”

Jeonghan’s internal inner boy jumped for joy. “Call me Jeonghan your grace.”

“Only if you call me Joshua,” he rebounded.

“Whatever you request of me,” Jeonghan promised.

A peal of laughter escaped Joshua’s mouth. “A walk. Tomorrow right after breakfast. I expect to see you waiting in the entrance hall.”

“Of course. I hope this will be one of many outings together.”

Flashing Jeonghan another lovely smile, Joshua eyes twinkled, “Time will tell.”