Dream

The mortal kiss

Warning: Blood

A pair of hands were busy. They were picking flowers from the ground on a nice warm evening with nothing to worry about. These hands beloged to a young girl around twelve years old. She didn't talk nor look around; she stared at the ground with flowers on her hands. Even though birds were flying, wind was blowing softly playing with her hair, she didn't care. All she did care was the flowers. She wanted to pick out the prettiest ones of them all. So, she squatted down and picked a few more until she was satisfied with the amount she had.

She didn't move a muscle on her face as she started braiding the flowers together. The flowers formed a wreath, big enough to sit on top of a head. She did not put it on her head though. While standing up, the wind blew harder taking the flower wreath from her hands. Even now, she didn't show any kind of emotion as her hands missed the flowers flying in the air.

As the wind stopped, the scene was different. The girl was now standing in the middle of a battlefield, she was fifteen. The ground around her was burning, smoke was making breathing hard and painful. It was quiet, no crossfire going around, no pleads for medic, nothing. Just cold bodies lying on their final resting places. Uniforms turning into garments to rest in, lying places becoming graves. With no tags, no names, just people who once had names and places. Now, nothing in this world. Still, she didn't have any emotion showing on her face. She lifted her hands and slightly turned her head down to look at her hands. They were clean.

A drop of blood dropped on her open hands. Another one. And another one until blood was pouring off of her hands, dropping onto her bare feet. The level of blood increased like flood water until she was drowning in it. Dead bodies floating around her, getting further and further from her as she was drowning deeper until it was pitch-black. Her back hit something underneath her but she didn't know what it was because everything was the same color. She could only see her body as she was lying there, staring at the odd white glow coming from her body. But then she felt it, the burning sensation all over her body. Getting stronger and stronger. It made her scream and turn in pain. Her face was distorted from the pain she has never felt before. Her back bended upwards as the burning continued, she tried to twist her body in every possible position to ease the pain but it didn't help.

The burning stopped. The darkness faded. She opened her swollen and red eyes. A white sky with dark clouds hanging low was above her. Her breathing was dense as she sat up and looked around. Now, she was eighteen. The surroundings looked unfamiliar but at the same time she felt like she has been there a million times before. Big trees could be seen not so far away down the hill that she was sitting on top of. But besides that, there was nothing else. Not even bugs on the ground.

All of a sudden she could hear sea waves behind her and as she looked back, she was sitting on sand beside sea. With confused eyes, she stood up and her heart beat rapidly. She felt a strong hit on her chest area. The impact made her fall back down on her back but as she tried to stand back up, she felt another hit which made her fall down harder than before. Third time and the same thing happened but this time, she didn't feel sand underneath her but soft bed sheets. She opened her eyes and saw white walls and roof. She had to slightly close her eyes so she could see better because the whiteness was too much for her eyes to handle. There were dark figures beside the bed she was lying on but they were so blurry that she had no idea if they were people or not. One of them got closer to her and she could see dark brown eyes with long lashes staring at her. The eyes were beautiful and familiar but she couldn't count one plus one as to who the eyes belonged to. The figure leaned back to where it was and moved towards the other figures. Seemed like they were talking but no sound was coming to her ears. A heavy feeling washed over her and she closed her eyes again.

She felt a hand on top of her forehead, slowly but carefully sliding down her eyes, nose and mouth. And it was gone. She opened her eyes and looked around, she saw a boy around five years old standing not far away, back facing her. There was nothing else, just her and the child. She walked towards him but couldn't get closer. She ran. But the boy stayed in the same distance. Until all of a sudden the boy was right in front of her, making her fall down. He stared with mouth open, saying something but she couldn't hear what. He repeated it over and over again but she didn't hear his words, just lips moving, saying the same words.

"What are you trying to say?" She asked. But to her surprise, no voice passed her lips. The boy stopped moving his mouth and looked past the girl.

"Live" he said. "Go" he said.

The girl heard him loud and clear. But the boy was not there anymore when she heard his childlike voice.

"Minji" a deep voice said. She turned around to see where it came from but she couldn't see anyone calling her name.

"Open your eyes" a different voice said. She was confused, she was awake.

"Please" a voice whispered. She saw a hand coming near her. As it got closer, the rest of the body could be seen. The hand belonged to a man with kind face.

"Dad?" She whispered, now hearing her voice. Her dad was indeed right in front of her, giving her his loving smile with smiling eyes.

"Come here my daughter" he said and opened his arms for a hug. She stood up and ran to his arms, feeling his warmth after all these long years without him.

"How- How are you here?" She asked and looked up at him. He hasn't changed one bit. Her father looked down at her and let go.

"You've grown to be a beautiful young lady. I'm proud of you" he said and patted her head softly. She smiled at him. "But you need to go back. It's not your time yet" he continued and placed his big hand on her shoulder.

"Go back? What do you mean?" She asked. "I want to be with you" she cried. Her father slightly turned his head to the side and looked at her.

"You've so much to see and experience in life. I will be waiting for you to come but it's not today" he told and tightened his grip on her shoulder. He was hurting to see his daughter in pain. He didn't want her to get hurt but it was part of the job.

"You promise?" She asked, tears falling down her cheeks. He lifted his hand to wipe off her tears.

"I promise. I'll be with you and protect you" he smiled warmly.

"Are you okay, dad?" She cried with no end.

"Yes, I'm okay. Now, go, my child" he told and pushed her down. She fell, fell and fell and left a tear path behind.

~~~

"Boys, it's time to go" Captain Yoo Dong Chan said from the hospital room's door. Jaemin, Jisung and Jeno were visiting Minji at the hospital with Captain Yoo. The three boys looked at him and glanced over at Minji. "The doctors said that there is a big chance of her not waking up and-" Captain Yoo swiped off a tear escaping from his eye, "she might die." He completely broke down even though he had to be strong. But he couldn't. Minji was one of his closest friends.

"No" Jaemin said, "she opened her eyes just a while ago!" He claimed. "You saw it too, right?" He asked from Jeno and Jisung who both were nodding their heads in agreement.

"She did!" Jisung almost yelled. "She is going to wake up" he cried. Jeno patted the youngest back as he was crying against Minji's arm. Jeno had hard time keeping in his tears.

"Boys" Captain Yoo closed the door as he walked towards them, "I'm sorry but literally, she is going to die. That is what the doctors said" he didn't want to believe it either. But they said that her body is in a shock and might not survive it.

"Can't be" Jaemin crossed his arms across his chest, "she is living for a long happy life" he was angry with himself. Because when he first saw her for the first time, he wanted to get to know her but he was too afraid to do so. But now, he might not even have a chance to say hi to her anymore while she lives.

"I don't want to believe it either but-" Captain Yoo started but didn't finish his sentence. He just sat down onto the floor and sighed, letting the tears fall down. He was broken into tiny little pieces.

"I wanted to call her noona and be close with her. and making her angry but knowing that she would always forgive me but now... I cannot do that" Jisung sniffed and looked at the pale girl lying in front of him.

'^v ^v ---'

"Her heart stopped!" Jaemin shouted. Captain Yoo got up quickly, Jeno pushed the emergency button.

"Doctor! Doctor!" Captain Yoo yelled from the door. Nurses and doctors rushed in the room and started revive her

"Live" Jaemin whispered as he held Jisung in his arms as the latter cried his heart out. Jaemin let a tear roll down his cheek.