Emotions

The mortal kiss

*Jaemin's pov* *a week later*

"Jeno!" I yelled at Jeno who was running at the school yard with Chenle. Actually, he was chasing our second youngest friend because Chenle decided to take Jeno's phone out of his hands. He didn't hear me as he was too busy shouting at the little dolphin to give his phone back.

"Lele! Give Jeno his phone back!" Renjun told as the boy ran behind him to be safe from Jeno.

"Why?" He laughed as Jeno tried to get him. I saw Renjun rolling his eyes as I stood not far away in front of him, facing him. "Hyung is hiding something and I'm going to find out what!" He screamed as Jeno took a grip on his hand but he managed to pull his hand free.

"Jeno-ah, what secrets are you hiding?" I smirked playfully and walked closer to them. Jeno showed his eyesmile as he was still reaching out his hands at Chenle.

"Nothing!" He quickly said and pushed Renjun aside from between him and Chenle.

"Yah! You! How dare you!?" Renjun rolled up his sleeves and stormed after the two as they started running again. "Come back here and taste my sweet revenge!" He yelled. This just made Jeno run faster. He did not care about Chenle anymore.

"I'm sorry!" Jeno screamed as he ran behind a tree. That reminded me of the time when we first discovered that Minji was in fact in the military. An empty feeling crept inside of me. I didn't know what it was but I got annoyed all of a sudden. The emotion was so strong that I threw my backpack on the ground.

"Woah, woah, chill, dude!" A familiar voice said behind me. I turned around to see Mark walking towards me with Haechan and Jisung.

"Hyung" I barely could hear my own voice.

"What's up?" Mark asked and stopped right in front of me.

"What are they doing?" Jisung asked, pointing at Jeno and Renjun running around the tree. As Chenle was free from Jeno chasing him, he jogged to greet the three who were with me.

"I stole Jeno hyung's phone. He chased me and pushed Renjun hyung out of way and then Renjun hyung got angry, like really angry at Jeno hyung and that is what that is" he explained. Haechan put his hand on his hip as he stared at the two running.

"Yaah, the normal" he laughed. Jisung high fived with Chenle. They are literally best friends, always encouraging each other with everything.

"Nana, are you okay?" Mark asked, placing his hand on my shoulder, squeezing it gently. I looked at his eyes, they were showing concern. I nodded slowly and went to pick up my backpack. I brushed off the dust with my hand.

"I am" I shortly answered, "just annoyed."

"Is there anything I could do to make you feel better?" Mark asked and shifted weight from one leg to another. I shook my head as a no.

"You're annoyed? Why?" Haechan asked. I gave him a harsh look. He lifted his hands up and took a step backwards. "Just asking, man."

"Just feel annoyed. Am I not allowed!?" I snapped at him. Jisung got startled from my sudden harsh voice. I saw him jump a bit and taking a hold of Chenle's arm with both of his hands. Chenle was unbothered and was doing something with Jeno's phone.

"Yes you are but don't unravel it to us!" Haechan yelled at me. We bicker sometimes but today I was not having it so I turned around and started walking away from them.

"Jaemin!" Mark yelled after me. I lifted my hand to sign that I wanted to be left alone.

"Gosh... Sometimes they can be real pain in the !" I muttered under my breath as I picked up my pace and started running. I don't hate them but everyone have days when everything just annoys.

~~~

I sat down onto an old bench under an old shelter somewhere near the mountains. It started raining as I was running and I didn't want to get wet and cold; that is when I saw this shelter and ran here. I let out a long breath and looked around, I had no idea where I was. I just ran here and there and somehow ended up near the mountains. It's not bad though, I like exploring new places.

My phone started ringing and I got startled from that sudden loud sound. I took it on my hand and looked who was calling: Jeno. I bit my lower lip, thinking if I should answer or not. I declined it. But he called soon after, again. I sighed and picked it.

"Yeah?" I asked. Not bothering to say hello. I felt bad but I'll make it up someday.

"Where are you?" Was the first thing he said. I looked around once again.

"I don't know" I shortly answered. I heard him sighing.

"Do not move. I'm coming to you" he said. I looked down and kicked a rock on the wooden floor.

"Jeno-ah..." I started but didn't finish.

"Yeah?" He was panting. He was probably running as to find me faster.

"Near the mountains. An old shelter" I said quietly. I could imagine in my head him nodding right now as he wasn't responding. "Do you have an umbrella?" I asked as it started pouring.

"Nope" he managed to answer. I felt bad even more. "Are you near any road?" He asked after a while. I looked in front of me, there was a wide forest path.

"Just a wide forest path..." I sighed for the nth time.

"I think I know where you are" he breathed loudly, "I'm almost there, see ya soon" he hang up. I let my hand fall on my lap, holding my phone. I put my phone back in my jacket's pocket and stood up. I didn't look at anything specific, just stared forward at the deciduous forest and wondered.

"There you are!" A familiar voice was saying not far away. I turned my head slightly to right to see Jeno standing there dripping wet. He was giving me his eye smile with a mouth open smile as he was panting, trying to breathe normally. I followed his steps with my eyes and didn't say anything as he walked under the shelter, too and sat down onto the bench. I held my left arm with my right hand, took a step towards him and stopped. I didn't meet his eyes, just stared at the wooden floor.

"You know, I understand" he said all of a sudden. I lifted my head quickly and stared at him. What did he mean?

"What?" I asked. He smiled warmly and kneeled down.

"You could have tripped as your shoelaces are open like this" he told and started tying them properly. I stared down at his wet hair, it was shimmering beautifully as sun rays hit it. The rain stopped as he was done tying my shoelaces. He stood up in front of me and looked straight into my soul. Or that is what it felt like.

"I feel angry and annoyed, too, sometimes. More often within this past week than before it. I'm angry with myself, constantly questioning myself" he explained. I stared at him, I was taken back. He knows why I was annoyed. Well, we are best friends after all. And we are best friends for a reason, too. We get each other.

"I- You're right" I said, "I do that, too." He placed his hand on my shoulder and pulled me in a hug.

"It's okay. We cannot do anything about it. So, just let out your emotions. You don't need to hide them from me, nor from any of us. It's safe to show emotions with us, with me" he whispered the last part. I didn't even realize I was holding in tears. But they just started falling against Jeno's wet shoulder my face was on.

"Thank you" I cried loudly. He my back gently and let me just cry. I felt him sniff. "Just cry" I whispered at him between hiccups. He broke down and we cried together. A lot of crying has been happening lately and I just wish, we could exchange the tears into happy laughter soon.

~~~

"I see, you got your phone back" I said to Jeno as we were walking away from the shelter. We spend a good amount of time in there, unraveling built up emotions.

"Yeah, I did" Jeno laughed and placed his phone in his pocket as he finished texting somebody. Of course, I noticed it earlier when he called but it wasn't the right time to talk about it.

"Did Chenle find anything?" I asked and looked over at him. He smiled victoriously in response.

"No, he didn't!" He laughed and clapped his hands once. I smirked playfully.

"So, you do have secrets in your phone?" I questioned and slightly pushed him with my shoulder.

"Yah! I don't!" His eyes opened big as he moved his hands. I laughed at him.

"Okay, then. Don't tell me" I showed him my tongue and walked faster.

"Yah! Wait up!" He yelled after me. I turned around and walked backwards.

"No, catch me!" And I ran with him close behind.