The test

The mortal kiss

*No one's pov*

"Nice to meet you, Minji, please take a seat behind Jaemin's desk. Jaemin, raise your hand please" the teacher was saying. Minji glanced at the dark brown haired boy who raised his hand. But he wasn't looking at her, not even giving a quick glance. That was odd in Minji's mind because everyone was curious about the new girl, the newcomer but there seemed to be an exception, too. Well, not everyone is interested in new people so, that was understandable. The boy named Jaemin looked uninterested with his surroundings, he was just looking out of the window as Minji walked towards him. He lowered his hand slowly the closer Minji got. As she was next to him, he let out a frustrated sigh. That sudden quiet voice startled Minji as she was quickly glancing at this boy. She finally was safely at her seat and took out the same book others were having on their desks.

The morning lesson continued and she tried her best to listen and take notes like everyone else. But the problem was, she has already learned the thing that was today's subject. But she didn't want the teacher to know about it. She carefully let her eyes wander around the spacious classroom and what caught her eyes were three glass jars on a windowsill. There were three different colored flowers in them: pink, yellow and violet. It was kind of weird in Minji's opinion that there were flowers in a classroom. But maybe that was just a normal thing in this school. Like the rooftop where students are allowed to go only if they themselves find the way. What other odd things does this school have? A piano on the rooftop or floating tables in cafeteria. Maybe not but who knows.

As she was looking around imperceptibly, there were two others doing something else than taking notes. They were changing notes with each other. Two boys, named Renjun and Haechan. Haechan wrote: 'What should we do today with the boys at lunch?' He gave it to Renjun who was sitting next to him while staring at the teacher so he wouldn't notice them not paying attention. Renjun read the note and wrote his answer: 'I've no idea. Let's try find the way to the rooftop again?' Renjun gave back the note and when Haechan read it, he nodded his head as a yes and didn't write anything. Renjun smirked as the two boys met eyes. He felt eyes at his back. Slowly he turned to look at who was staring at him but as he did so, no one was staring at him but instead he saw the new girl staring at the flowers on the windowsill. Something looked off with her in his mind. He examined her body, being a teenager he was, that was just normal behavior from him. He noticed that she had a great physical structure. She looked tiny but he knew for sure that she was not a weak one. He could sense it from her aura. He turned to look away when the newcomer started turning her head. Renjun ripped a paper off of his notebook and wrote a note for Haechan.

'I think we should test the newcomer ;D' Haechan read the paper and lifted one of his two brows upwards. He didn't understand what his friend was saying. Test. What did he mean by that? Like a fight? 'By fighting? What do you mean? She is tiny af' Haechan gave the paper back. Renjun rolled his eyes at him. 'Just take a good look at her and you'll understand ö-ö' Haechan turned to look at Minji. He still didn't understand. He did not understand what special Renjun saw in her. Haechan's face said his answer already: forget it, Renjun. Renjun shook his head and continued listening the teacher's talking. Haechan took a one last glance at the girl but it was a mistake. Because the girl looked back at him with her doll like expression. That scared him a bit and he quickly turned his head down and pretended to write in his notebook. As he felt the girl looking away, he let out a deep breath.

~~~

Lunch bell rang and students groaned with tired voices, stretched their arms and backs. The teacher left the room like most of the students. Minji waited for a few minutes for all the students to leave before she stood up from her place. She needed to use a restroom and she thought she saw one on this floor. No, she is sure there is one between the lockers before the classroom. With quick steps she started walking towards the classroom door which leads to the hallway. But before she could go out of the class, four boys came in. She needed to stop in her tracks so she wouldn't walk into them.

"Hello there, Minji, right?" A boy with a pretty petite figure said.

"Yeah, that's me" Minji answered politely. "Excuse me, but could you guys move a bit so I could walk past?" She asked as she noticed they had closed the door and were standing in front of it. They looked at each other and were smirking, except for Jaemin, who Minji recognized. He looked rather unbothered. And Jeno, he was more like smiling happily than smirking. But the two other boys, Minji didn't know their names.

"We have something to talk about to you, could you wait for a minute before going?" Jeno said and showed his eyesmile. His eyesmile works on everybody and he gets what he wants. No one can say no to him.

"I really need to go, so move, please" Minji was getting annoyed. Jeno's face fell. She said no to his eyesmile. What? He couldn't believe it. They noticed she was getting annoyed which was their goal.

"No, we need to talk first" Jaemin opened his mouth. Minji was taken back by his deep and charming voice. He looked at her with half closed eyes and arms crossed across his chest.

"Then say your business quickly" she sighed and put one hand on her hip. The boys looked at each other and moved forward. Minji saw her chance and quickly went past them to the door but before she could open it, Jaemin took a hold of her wrist.

"Not so fast, princess" the fourth boy whose name Minji didn't know, said. It was Haechan. He came closer to her and Jaemin let go of her wrist. Pinning her against the wall right next to the door with his hands on her shoulders, she whispered:

"Let go" with a serious voice. Haechan was smirking evilly.

"No, show your secret" he said with a lower voice than before. Minji's eyes widened, what was he talking about.

"What secret? I don't have a secret" she said and groaned in pain as Haechan's nails were digging in her skin. "Stop it!" She raised her voice.

"Everyone has secrets" Renjun grinned. Haechan nodded his head in agreement and stared at Minji. She has had enough. She let a smirk spread on her face as she took a hold of Haechan's right hand and right shoulder. Within seconds, Haechan was on the floor with Minji on top of him, twisting his right arm.

"Now, do you let me go" she said and threw his arm down, stood up and opened the door. She showed her coldest glance, she knew how to do, at them. When she walked off, Haechan was helped up from the floor by Jeno.

"Told you there was something off at her. She is strong" Renjun said and scratched his chin in a thinking manner.

"But how? She is tiny. How could she be strong like a big person!?" Haechan almost yelled. He groaned in pain as he moved his arm to see if it was broken. It wasn't but he was sure that she could have broken it if she had wanted to.

"I don't know but we are going to find out. Let's put Jisung and Chenle to pull out some information from her" Jeno said and looked at Jaemin who was already on his phone. Texting the two to come to the third floor and talk to Jung Minji.

~~~

*Minji's pov*

I finally got to the bathroom.

"What was that about..." I muttered to myself as I used the toilet. I washed my hands and dried them. Looking at myself on the mirror I opened my uniform jacket and opened a few buttons so I could see if he left any marks on my shoulders. There were small, angry looking red marks but nothing serious. I dressed up. "Was I too harsh on him? Should I apologize?" I talked to myself and redid my braid. "Doesn't matter at the moment anyway, he was the one who was not letting go of me even though I told him so" I walked out of the bathroom to the classroom which was empty to my luck. I sat down on my seat and fished out my lunchbox. I placed it on the desk and opened it. Springrolls, rice, kimchi and peas. Good enough. I also took my waterbottle from the backpack and took a sip. I started eating my lunch but before taking another spoonful of peas, I put on my bluetooth headset and connected it to my phone. I started listening a lofi playlist.

I ate my lunch, packed it back in the backpack and started doodling on my journal. I keep a journal about my missions and sometimes when I'm not on a mission, I doodle on it. It's full of doodles and in my opinion, that brings a bit color and life on it. I was so focused on doodling that I didn't hear what was happening right outside the classroom's door.

*no one's pov*

The boys were back but with two friends. These two were Chenle, a class below and Jisung, two classes below. Everyone thinks they are cute little boys even though they are not that little. Jisung being the youngest among them is one of the tallest but he is really adorable.

"Okay, do you two remember the plan?" Haechan asked the two youngest. They nodded.

"Ask for you from her and then pull out information with our overpowering cuteness" Chenle answered. Jisung was nodding along Chenle's words and their hyungs looked satisfied.

"Now, go!" Renjun pushed them in the classroom.