Entrance to the rooftop

The mortal kiss

"Jaemin hyung, we have been looking for that entrance to the rooftop for as long as I can remember. Do you think, no, should we like maybe... Stop?" Chenle was carefully questioning Jaemin's desire to find the entrance. Jaemin stopped in his tracks and turned to look at Chenle with the coldest glare he could do. It was so icy and lifeless that Chenle started feeling cold because of it. Renjun paniced and went to Chenle's side.

"What Chenle here meant is that he is tired of looking from the same places. We all want to find it but shouldn't we think outside of the box?" Renjun saved Chenle who nodded along the elder's words. Jaemin's gaze softened, he didn't mean to scare his younger friend but it was fun in his opinion to just play a little. The other boys sighed from relief, Jaemin was just kidding.

"You're right" Jaemin said and smiled playfully. "Should we separate? We're always in a group, maybe if we are separated, we could see differently?" He suggested. The others were thinking.

"In smaller groups or just by ourselves?" Haechan asked. He would rather be with someone than alone. Because. He was still scared. Jeno saw his chance and creeped behind Haechan without him noticing. He waited as the others were talking.

"AAAAH!" Haechan screamed loudly as he felt a pair of hands on his sides. Jisung jumped, too. The poor boy gets easily startled. He even saw Jeno behind Haechan but he still was startled. More of Haechan's scream though. Jeno was laughing on the floor with Renjun.

"Jisung-ah, cutee" Jaemin was pinching the youngest cheek and smiling with heart eyes at him. He could help himself, he adored the others so much, but the most he adored Jisung and his cuteness. To everyone else, Jaemin seemed like a coldhearted boy with no emotions. But the truth was, it was just his shell. Nothing much, just a shell. And if he didn't like someone, he wouldn't show this side to them, not ever.

"Haechan, are yo-you okay" Jeno managed to ask between giggles. Chenle threw a worried look at the poor boy who just got himself to breathe again. He, too, did laugh but he cared about Haechan's wellbeing. Knowing how scared he got from the tale from earlier. Haechan breathed in deep and opened his eyes.

"Jeno, that was mean" he told and sulked, crossing his arms. Jeno smiled with his eyesmile and put his hand on Haechan's arm.

"C'moon, Haechannie. It was a bit fun, right?" He pulled Haechan's arm and tried to get the latter to smile. Haechan tried his best not to smile but Jeno was doing his best to make him feel better so he failed. Jeno didn't mean any harm, he never did. So, he gave in and started laughing.

"Yeah, it was" he laughed and stopped all of a sudden, "but still mean" he finished and was smiling again.

"So, separated?" Jisung asked and growled at Jaemin because he was still pinching his cheeks. Jaemin didn't care and just continued showing his love to the youngest.

"Jaemin-ah, that is enough. You're going to rip off Jisung's cheeks!" Jeno stopped Jaemin by wrapping him in his arms. Jaemin sulked. But a new idea came to his mind. He smirked and looked at Jeno's eyes. Jeno's face fell as he already knew what he was thinking of.

"Don't even think about it!" Jeno shouted and turned his head away as Jaemin leaned in closer, smirking all the time. He laughed at Jeno's reaction. Haechan and Jaemin both are really affectionate persons and like to show it to their friends often.

"Yes, separated" Renjun answered Jisung's question. Haechan felt cold sweat run down his back.

"C-could I be with someone... I... I don't want to be alone" Haechan quietly said and kicked softly air. This gesture was so small and unnoticetable but Renjun saw it.

"Maybe in pairs?" He suggested. Jaemin knew what he was chasing behind and nodded in agreement.

"Pairs, then"

~~~

After searching for hours for the rooftop entrance, Minji sat down next to an outdoor pond at the back of the high school to take a little break.

"Seriously, where could it be? It's not on the third floor nor on the second or first floor. Is there like an underground passageway from somewhere outside that leads inside to a secret stairs in walls or something? Like what the ? Where could it be, really?" She muttered to herself as she looked around the backyard. She was getting annoyed by the fact that it really was hard to find it. Probably the staff didn't even know where the entrance is anymore. Minji is used to sneak around places and find good pathways to get where she needs to be. But this? Harder than building a spaceship. Well, probably not but it feels like it. She let out a frustrated sigh and threw a rock behind her.

"Ow!" A painful groan was heard as soon as she threw that rock. She was startled and quickly stood up from her spot to see who was behind her. And when she saw who there was, she was even more shocked.

"Oh! I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking" she quickly bowed and apologized.

"Don't do that again" Jaemin said and rubbed a sore spot on his head where the rock hit him. Minji was once again amazed by his voice. She could just listen to it all day and all night forever. She shook the thought away and bowed once again.

"Won't do" she said and looked away from this tall boy.

"Nana, what happened?" Jeno ran to them. He stopped right beside Jaemin as he saw Minji. Minji tilted her head when she heard 'nana'. That must be Jaemin's nickname, she thought. "Oh! Minji! What a coincidence to see you here. Shouldn't you be at home?" None of them mentioned anything about the encounter in the classroom from earlier. They acted like it never happened.

"Yeah, well, I decided to stay longer and explore places, to get familiar with this school" she responded and gave a quick look at Jaemin who was still rubbing his head. "Jaemin? Are you okay?" She carefully asked. Jaemin stopped but still kept his hand on his head and looked at Minji with an unreadable face. Jeno looked at his friend and then at the new girl with one brow raised.

"No, but I'll manage" he answered.

"Could somebody tell me what is happening? What did I miss?" Jeno asked and crossed his arms across his chest.

"I got hit by a rock thrown by her" Jaemin shortly responded and continued rubbing the sore spot. Jeno formed an 'o' with his mouth and nodded once.

"It was an accident, I didn't see him because he was behind me" Minji explained when Jeno was looking at her with questioning eyes.

"That explains" Jeno said and looked over to the other side of the back yard where he saw Jisung and Chenle walking. Minji started feeling awkward as the silence continued and she examined the gap between the fence and the school building's left side. She wondered if she could go there.

"I... Need to go. Sorry again" Minji said and started walking towards the left side of the school. Jaemin and Jeno followed her with their gaze. They wondered if she was looking for the rooftop entrance, too. When Minji disappeared in the gap, the two boys turned to look away from where she disappeared.

"Do you think the same as I do?" Jaemin asked. Jeno nodded.

"I think so" he answered. With smirks on their faces, they started following the way she went to. But when they got to the gap, she was nowhere to be seen. She possibly couldn't get to the other side so fast. They noticed her velvet backpack on the ground next to the wall.

"Where...?" Jaemin started but didn't finish because little stones where falling on top of them.

"Ow, what the hell?" Jeno complained.

"Sorry about that!" They heard a familiar voice shouting from above. They both at the same time looked up. And there she was, climbing up the wall. How? They didn't know because in their eyes, there was nothing to hold onto to climb up.

"Ho- How are you climbing? Nice undies, by the way" Jeno yelled at her and smirked as he saw her underwear. Jaemin smacked his head and Jeno looked at him with unbelief written all over his face. Minji on the other hand just rolled her eyes.

"ert" she muttered so quietly that they couldn't hear her. But how was she climbing? There were in fact, small handles but they were hard to notice but they were made for climbing. But she was sure that there was an easier way to go but she decided to climb up to the rooftop and find another way down. That way she could find the right and easier entrance to use in the future.

"What are you two looking at?" Haechan walked to the two boys looking up with Renjun. Chenle and Jisung were shortly following behind them. They all looked up and an unison gasp of shock was heard.

"Is that her??!!!" Jisung put his hands over his mouth and hopped around in panic.

"Looks like her! What is she doing??!" Renjun gasped as her foot slipped.

"Come down! That is extremely dangerous!" Haechan was yelling at her.

"No!" She responded loud enough for them to hear her voice. It's safe to say that she was stubborn. She was almost at the rooftop and suddenly it started raining again. It was more like a pouring rain than a little rain. "!" She shouted as the handles were becoming slippery from the water. She glanced down and saw how high up she was and how small the boys looked like. They weren't moving even though it was pouring cats and dogs. Minji looked back up and took in a deep breath. "You can do this, Jung Min Ji, you can do this" she muttered to herself and continued climbing.

"Is she mad crazy or what!?" Chenle paniced as he was following her movements. They didn't know this girl or who she was but they were worried for her safety because is she falls... That's it.

"Please!" Renjun shouted at her. Minji just shook her head.

"I'm almost on the rooftop! You can leave. I got this" she yelled back at them.

"We are not leaving until you come back down!" This time Jaemin was yelling at her. Minji was shaken from his voice that she lost the grip on her left hand and with that her feet slipped. She was left hanging with only her right hand.

"!" She cursed and looked down.

"Don't fall! DO NOT FALL!" They were shouting at her. She bit her lower lip worriedly and looked up. The railing was right on her reach if she manages to pull herself up just a little more. It was an idiotic idea to start climbing, she admits it but she wants to find the right entrance to there so badly that she was ready to take risks.

"You're not a soldier for nothing" Minji muttered under her breath and lifted her left hand up to take a grip on a handle. She managed to do it and put her feet on handles, too. And with that she pulled herself up a bit more to get a grip on the railing. As her hand touched the cold metal, she felt relief wash over her body. She pulled herself up and went over the railing to the rooftop. She fell on to the rooftop and panted heavily. She made it. She really made it.

"Are you okay?" She heard a distant yell. Or that is just because the blood was throbbing loudly in her ears and neck. Minji stood up and looked down at the boys. She lifted her fist high in the air and smiled happily. The boys started jumping and yelling in joy.

"I'll now find another way down and what does that mean" she teasingly asked.

"The entrance to the rooftop!!" the boys where happiest they have been in a while. Minji was smiling at them and looked around. From the rooftop, even when it was pouring, she could see far and the views were beautiful. She looked around a bit before she saw a door on the far back. She went to it and opened it. Behind the door was stairs. And. Something horrible.

"A SPIDER!" She screamed and jumped away from the door as a spider was walking on it. She might be a fearless soldier but she dislikes spiders and bugs. Minji carefully went past the spider to the stairs that lead down. After closing the door, she started walknig the stairs that seemed like were continuing forever. She walked past many windows and finally made it to the bottom of the stairs. She must be at the first floor. In front of her was a door but it was a slide door. She carefully slided it open and was greeted by the boys right in front of her. They looked as surprised as she did

"Wait, what?" Jaemin said and watched as she walked out.

"A slide door? REALLY!?" Renjun yelled out of surprise.

"I'm as confused as you're" Minji told and closed the door. Turns out, one of the handles is the one which opens the slide door. The door was unnoticeable from the outside. "I feel so stupid" she laughed at that feeling.

"Oh yeah? Quess how we feel like. We've been looking for this entrance for so long!" Haechan told and slided theh door open.

"I can't believe this!" Chenle yelled and touched the door. Jisung knocked on it when it was closed and it was heard clearly that it was, in fact, a secret door.

"Thank you" Jeno thanked Minji. She was taken aback.

"I wanted to find it, too" she said and a hint of pink could be seen on her cheeks.

Cute, one of them thought.