Let Me (Five)

LET ME [ Completed ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Okay that's enough. You all go and get your make up done. We'll be on in 1 hour."

Jinyoung said, finally dismissing their last minute rehearsal before their final presentation.

He looks at his wrist watch and let out a deep sigh. They have been here at the filming room since 5am and all that they have for meal is two boxes of chicken, but still, they couldn't get to focus on eating either because they're all busy doing stuffs for the play.

Today is the University's foundation day, meaning, there will be a lot fun stuffs to happen for this day. Starting from different booths and down to variety of competitions were colleges would be competing against each other.

One of it is the stage play competition, were all colleges would use the same theme, but will have their own uniqueness in making a script about it, directing, and performing it. Many colleges had joined the competition, specially the two biggest rivals. The College of Theater Arts and the College of Film Arts. This two colleges had been getting the title for so many years, but theater majors had been winning for two consecutive years already, making the film majors bitter and triggered. That is why this time, the seniors in charge for this play in the film majors were doing everything to get the title back from them. That is also why they were all this focused, strict and sensitive.

"How's that?"

Jinyoung asks as soon as he reached his best friend Mark, who's as usual sitting in front of his monitor checking the sound effects one last time before the play, making sure that there wouldn't be any problem with it later.

"All done!" Mark beamed as he stretches his both arms upwards while letting out a tired yawn. "Hope we can win back the title this time,"

He said, making his friend at his side scoff.

"You sounds so unsure," Jinyoung said after drinking some water from his bottle, "We should claim it. We will win."

He said confidently and unconsciously checked the time on his wrist watch.

"Well, we better be. Our Alumni will look down on us too just like what they did to the last batch of in-charge seniors last year for not winning the title back."

"Why worry about that? We are more focused and competitive than the last batch. We will win."

He said as if he already predicted it while opening the script one more time.

"The theater majors were all on this too, I bet they're all thinking the same thing about winning actually,"

Mark said while chuckling, remembering how his theater major boyfriend was telling him to just retreat because they will win again this year.

"You're not giving tips on your boyfriend about our script, didn't you?"

Jinyoung asks not really meaning it. He knows his best friend so well, he wouldn't just do that.

"Well honestly, sometimes love can make you do things,"

He said trying to tease his best friend.

Jinyoung slowly lift up his gaze from his script to him, giving him a look as if saying, 'You're kidding me right?'

"Oh come on! I was just joking! Of course, I won't!"

He said while laughing but quickly stops when Jinyoung only stares at him and goes back on reading the script.

"Geez. Why so serious?"

He said and chuckles.

Jinyoung didn't say anything anymore and just reads.

After another minute, he turned another page and unconsciously checks the time on his wrist watch again.

He didn't know why but the moment he saw that it was already, 12:15, he just suddenly felt so weird as if he just forgot about something or what?

"We still have a few more minutes,"

He muttered more to himself and finally closes the script. He looks at his friend sitting beside him, who's now busy checking his phone.

Jinyoung felt more weird when he just found himself staring at his wrist watch again at the same time, hearing his own stomach grumbling.

"I'm so hungry, should we go buy some foods now?"

Mark said after sending a text to his boyfriend, who's not yet sending any text to him since morning.

'Is he that busy?'

He asks himself at some point.

Jinyoung only nodded his head and was about to stand up.

"Anyway, isn't it weird?"

Mark suddenly said, making Jinyoung goes back on sitting beside him.

"Weird what?"

"I mean, it's weird that Yugyeom wasn't yet here today to deliver us foods? That kid usually arrives by 12?" Mark said suddenly getting worried of his younger friend, "Oh wait, hold up!"

He exclaimed, slightly startling the guy beside him.

Jinyoung gave him a 'what?' look when Mark started glaring at him.

"If this has something to do with that talk you did with him yesterday, I swear, Park Jinyoung..."

Mark said trying search his friend's face for evidence.

Jinyoung then remembers that talk with that junior yesterday.

'Please let me... let me do this..'

He remembered and scoffs.

"I guess your friend finally realizes that Park Jinyoung is such an arrogant bastard and changed his mind. Well things like that happen so?"

Jinyoung said pulling out a sarcastic smile while speaking.

'People do blurt out the most ridiculous things sometimes,'

"What do you mean he changed his mind?"

Mark asks and Jinyoung only shrugged his shoulders.

'Let me do this your ... tss. Kids nowadays..'

Jinyoung thought.

"Yugyeom wouldn't just give up!"

Mark said as a matter of fact. He knows how that kid was so into his best friend. He's timid, yes, but he isn't a quitter. Especially when it comes with Park Jinyoung and for someone who just got his chance after so many years, Yugyeom wouldn't be the type to be easily giving up. He might cry a gallons but he will never ever give up.

Jinyoung pulled out a smirked and was about to say something when they all heard the door banging open.

"The ?"

Some senior said while looking at the new comer.

"Sorry."

Yugyeom said while having both of his hands on his knees trying to stabilize his breathing.

He didn't really mean to bang open the door, he had been running nonstop from the university's field just to get here as soon as possible and having that adrenalin rush in his body it just gave him that full force when he was about to open the door.

He let out another deep exhausted sigh and starts composing himself again before walking near his hyungs.

Mark immediately waved at him and gave the guy on his side a look.

Jinyoung only rolled his eyes with that.

"Hey, where have you been? Someone here already thought you have already given up?"

Mark said trying to emphasize that someone.

Jinyoung was just wearing his usual straight face as if saying 'whatever, Tuan.'

Yugyeom only smiles and finally fished out the lunch boxes in his bag.

"Uh, I don't know if you guys already ate since...I'm late but... here," He said putting the two lunch boxes in their table. "I'm sorry.."

He said feeling disappointed about himself. Now Jinyoung might think he's slowly losing interest about him for not being consistent? He didn't want that at all.

"Aww. Don't apologize! It's fine, honestly we should be thanking you for this, thank you, gyeommie!"

Mark said and patted his shoulder and the younger only pulled out a small smile.

"What's up anyway? You look as if you just run a whole marathon?"

The older asks. Noticing how exhausted he looks right now.

Yugyeom starts scratching the back of his head as he remember how desperate he is earlier to escape his mentor just to get here and deliver his hyungs lunch.

"Uh...I was as the stadium earlier taking photos for our organization's articles, I haven't notice the time and quickly tried to escape my mentor just to get here.."

Yugyeom timidly said, but quickly finds it regretful, because it was as if he was trying to pull off their conscience and he didn't want Jinyoung to think he was a bad guy for ditching his mentor.

"I see, that's why you have your camera today uh?"

Mark said, now noticing the DSLR Camera hanging on the younger's neck. Yugyeom only nodded his head, fishing out his phone on his pocket when he heard it ringing.

"Excuse me for a sec, hyung,"

"Sure."

Mark said and just lets the younger took his call, while him and Jinyoung starts opening their lunch box.

Jinyoung was about to open his wallet again and pay for it, but Mark immediately stops him, mouthing 'no please,' while pointing at Yugyeom who's busy talking to his phone.

Jinyoung stops for a second and just snapped his tongue, putting his wallet back in his pockets.

'Fine, since I'm just so hungry right now.'

He thought.

[ Get back here now, you jerk! I don't wanna lie to her and make us both dead! ]

Youngjae yelled at him on the phone. Their mentor wasn't really that friendly and considerate and the least thing that they want from her right now is her being totally mad at them. She just turns into a monster when she's mad, punishing everyone even though the others didn't even do anything wrong. He didn't even know where did he get the courage to escape her earlier?

"Okay, okay, just tell her I've gone to comfort room for a while,"

[ The heck, Kim Yugyeom! Just go back here you bastard! ]

"Fine, I'll go back now!"

Yugyeom said at last before Youngjae immediately ended the call.

He let out a sigh and just stood there for a moment.

He didn't want to just leave yet, specially he had been late for 15 minutes and he keeps on believing that the senior will find it inconsistent. Also, he just wanted to see and be near him today but he knows that he wouldn't get to go back here anymore once he got back to his mentor, it's just impossible. But if he didn't go back now, all of his block mates will be punish together with him.

"Yugyeom,"

The younger turned around when he heard his Mark hyung calling him.

"It's fine you can go now if you still have something to do. Don't worry about Jinyoung he'll understand,"

Mark said and patted his best friend's head.

"For the last time, Tuan...I.don't.care..."

Jinyoung coldly said, trying to emphasize that he didn't really care at all if he stays or not.

Yugyeom feel a little bit hurt by that, but still tried to act as if he didn't heard it all.

"Too hard, but too bad, Yugyeom wouldn't just give up on you that easily, Mr. Park! Right gyeommie?"

Mark said pushing everything that he can to help the younger to convince his best friend about how true his feelings for him is.

Yugyeom only smiles and stares at the senior. Jinyoung looks up at him for a moment trying to intimidate him, but Yugyeom wouldn't hold back. He just won't.

"I would never..."

He said with full of sincerity and determination while staring straight at the senior's eyes.

Jinyoung can visibly saw that determination in his eyes, but he still keeps on convincing himself that he shouldn't trust those eyes.

'I'm not an easy target, kid.'

H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter