Let Me (Fifteen)

LET ME [ Completed ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Is everything set up already?"

 

Jinyoung asks while him and some of his officers are making their way to the council's office.

 

"The leaflets and evaluation sheets are still at the office but everything other than that are all set up."

 

Junmyeon spoke at his side.

 

Jinyoung checks the time on his wrist watch and seeing they only have like 20 minutes before the first seminar starts, he starts walking a little faster, making the other guys beside him pacing their steps too.

 

"Why don't they bring it down now? We only have 20 minutes left? Jeon-si and the others hasn't yet arrived?"

 

He questioned. Knowing that he had gave that task to the junior rep and the other younger representatives.

 

"They arrived pretty late earlier, the freshman rep said they need to check it all first before bringing it down."

 

"What the heck? Are they sure they'd be done on time?"

 

Jinyoung said, forehead's wrinkling by what he is hearing right now.

 

Junmyeon only shrugged his shoulders.

 

This day is indeed, such a busy and hectic day. Today is when the three continuous seminars would be held in three different times the whole day. The student council officers were all busy with preparing, organizing and facilitating the upcoming seminars. They keep on running and setting up everything since morning not even giving them the slightest time to take a break. They had been so pretty occupied and focused because they knew they couldn't mess this up, specially, they have invited some of the most well-known personalities in the industry as a guest speakers and that the university itself were greatly rooting for this since they had funded it a quiet big amount of money, thus putting the whole student council organization in a great pressure.

 

Jinyoung was in pressure the most. He only has like two hours of sleep last night. He rushed the remaining and unfinished things last night on his own at his apartment so it would be faster and would be ready tomorrow, after that he couldn't sleep because he keeps on thinking about the younger and what should he do to make up to him and it had mixed with all of his worries about the seminars that he couldn't even sleep anymore no matter how much he tried shutting his eyes and mind.

 

Jinyoung stops on his track when he heard his phone ringing, feeling a little expectant, he quickly pulled the thing out of his pocket only to be disappointed when he saw his sister's name at the caller’s ID.

 

Junmyeon and the others continued their way inside the office when Jinyoung signaled them to just wait for him inside, leaving him still standing at the middle of the corridor talking with his sister.

 

"No. I can't. I'm busy."

 

Jinyoung immediately rejected his sister's invitation of meeting after class without even a slight hesitation. True, they talk sometimes through call but it's not that they were that close and they often go out for her to be suddenly calling him about it. Also, she only calls him when she's asking if he still have enough money to live his life alone and it sort of confuses him that she suddenly wanted to spend some time with him.

 

"We're holding up a seminar today, I really can't."

 

He repeated when she started insisting it.

 

Jinyoung only lets out a deep sigh as he gently massages his temples when his sister started nagging at him, calling him rude and bastard.

 

"I told you, I can't! And I don't want okay?"

 

He said in defeat, slowly feeling his blood boiling and with that, his sister finally ended the call.

 

"Argh! What the heck is wrong with her today?"

 

He mutters under his breath as he put it back inside his pocket, lifting his head deciding to finally go back on walking to the office.

 

Jinyoung's eyes suddenly widens when he saw the younger walking towards the office, face down on his phone as he did so and he didn't know but he suddenly had this little hope arising inside of him that the younger came to talk to him, thus making him feel a little brighter and excited. But before he could even take his first step towards him the office's door suddenly opens, revealing the junior rep while holding a heavy box full of leaflets and those evaluation sheets.

 

"Oh thank goodness your here!"

 

Jungkook beamed when he saw the taller guy outside the office.

 

Yugyeom smiles at him and immediately helps him with that heavy box.

 

"Sorry, I've read your text a little late,"

 

"No worries! Oh wait a minute—"

 

Jungkook said and quickly sprinted his way inside the office again and when he got back, he has another box on his arms again.

 

"You sure, you can with that?"

 

"All good! It's a little lighter than that though,"

 

Jungkook answered and giggles.

 

"Okay. Where should we bring this?"

 

"At the event hall, I'm really sorry for bothering you with these it's just that—"

 

"Hey, hey, seriously it's okay!"

 

Yugyeom cut him in, making the smaller guy giggling even more while blushing.

 

"Anyway, we—"

 

Jungkook was about to say something but suddenly felt his own tongue backing out when he shifted his attention at the side and notices his president standing not too far away from them, probably watching them for a while now.

 

"We what? What's wrong?"

 

Yugyeom asks and followed with his eyes where his friend was looking.

 

His heart started beating so fast inside his chest again as he saw how serious the senior was looking at them right now. He took a nervous gulp as he quickly turns his back to start walking away but the senior's voice calling his full name immediately make him stop from doing so.

 

Yugyeom hesitantly turn around again to face him, head hanging low as he feels so nervous right now while hearing the senior's steps getting closer to them.

 

"I'll walk ahead first, you can catch up later,"

 

Jungkook spoke when he feels like he didn't need to be here in the first place. He started walking alone away from them when the taller guy only nodded his head.

 

Yugyeom keeps his head low, afraid to even meet the senior's eyes while Jinyoung was just looking at him with that stern look on his face. He keeps chewing on the inside of his cheeks in pure bitterness.

 

'You even dared to make me annoyed at the time that I badly wanted to make up to you? Seriously, Kim Yugyeom?'

 

Jinyoung thought. Preventing himself from letting out a bitter and sarcastic scoff.

 

"Look, I believed what I said to you that night was—"

 

"I'm sorry!" Jinyoung's words was immediately cut off by the younger before he could even make his point. "I'm really sorry! I-I didn't really intend to do this! Jungkook needs some help so I hurried my way here, I-I swear I didn't intend to go here and bother you so much again! I-I won't do it again hyung, I won't bother you anymore, I promise!"

 

He continuously said not even lifting his head to meet the other guy's eyes. He finally excused himself as he quickly turns his back and walks away from him, leaving Jinyoung standing there at his spot, mouth hanging slightly open as he can slowly feel all the blood inside his body suddenly boiling in anger.

 

"Then fine! ing Fine!"

 

He mutters angrily between his breath as he throws his hands in the air, feeling so annoyed more than anything and anyone.

 

He then finally enters the office, slamming the door closed making the other officers inside flinching while busy with their stuff, following him with their eyes as he directly made his way on his table and buried his face on his hands.

 

Jae exchanges some looks with Minhyuk mouthing 'what happen?' to him. Minhyuk only shrugged his shoulders. Who knows why anyway?

 

*************

 

Bam secretly nudges his Mark hyung on his side when he saw the junior rep sitting beside their youngest friend.

 

"Is he one of the squad now?"

 

Bam asks and Mark starts shrugging his shoulders.

 

"I don't know. We aren't that close with him yet but I wouldn't really mind him being with us, he's nice and he was Gyeommie's friend,"

 

"I agree, but isn't he being too nice with Yugyeom?"

 

"That's not a surprise Bammie. He likes Gyeom so why wouldn't he be too nice to him?"

 

"You cool with it?"

 

"Why wouldn't I?"

 

"I mean, you’re the president of our Jinyoung and Yugyeom ship so are you really cool with that kid liking Gyeommie and him doing a move or something?"

 

"I am still the biggest JinGyeom president shipper here, Bammie. But we couldn't stop anyone from liking Yugyeom and besides, he's too nice to him and to us, we can't hate or even dislike him just because of that and also it's still up to Gyeommie who he wants to end up with and we all who that is so shut up now."

 

"Okay."

 

Bammie shortly answered. Satisfied with his explanation because he got a good point with that too.

 

Soon enough, everyone's attention finally shifted at the stage when the seminar started, freshening up the whole event hall with a powerful and energetic performance.

 

"I'll need to patrol for now,"

 

Jungkook whispers beside Yugyeom before standing up.

 

"Sure. See you later,"

 

The taller guy said and Jungkook only hummed as a response, leaving his chair to get on his station before his other officers noticed him and scolded him for not doing his tasks.

 

"You look a little brighter today,"

 

Jaebum whispered beside him.

 

"You look more handsome like that,"

 

He added, feeling a little relieved that they can already see him a little better than yesterday and last night. Yugyeom only smiles a little with that, slightly shaking his head.

 

"I told you, beers are good in comforting,"

 

Jackson butted in, leaning across Youngjae so Yugyeom can hear him.

 

Yugyeom only nodded his head in agreement. Maybe drinking with his hyungs last night was really a good idea to let out all of his hidden burdens. They just let him drink as much as he can, cry as much as he can and talk his heart out as much as he can. They even gave him a lot of valuable advice about it that later that morning, he was surprised too that he actually feels a little lighter than usual.

 

"You guys, drink beer last night?"

 

Youngjae asks. Shoving off his hyung in front of him.

 

"Well, yes."

 

Jackson casually said. Going on sitting back properly beside, Mark.

 

"Unfair. Why aren't we invited?"

 

"It's an operation, Youngjae. We need to be private."

 

"I'm gonna asks the other guys for a drink too and you guys won't be invited!"

 

"Now, that's cute."

 

Jaebum said and pinches his cheeks, which the younger immediately shrugged off.

 

"Shut up."

 

"Shh! Can you guys be quiet? The seminar is starting for pete's sake!"

 

Mark shushed them all, making them quiet and attentive at the speaker in front.

 

"Hi!"

 

Jungkook cutely spoke when he suddenly pops in beside Yugyeom's chair after some minutes, slightly startling the taller guy.

 

"Hey, I thought you need to patrol?"

 

Yugyeom whispered back since it's a little quiet here.

 

"Yeah. Minhyuk hyung said I should have stationed here so..."

 

"Oh okay, don’t you want to sit?"

 

Yugyeom said tapping the chair that the junior rep was sitting at earlier.

 

"I can't. I'm on patrol remember?"

 

The smaller guy said and giggles. Keeping himself standing beside him at the left aisle.

 

"Okay, but if ever you felt sore from standing you can sit here,"

 

"I wish I can?"

 

He answered as they both started laughing a bit.

 

While the students inside were quietly absorbing the speaker's words, the student council officers were still busy with a lot of things. Some are on the different side of hall at their stations, facilitating everything if someone needs something or if there is something wrong. Others are inside the back stage entertaining the other guest speakers and busy with watching the seminar's flow, making sure nothing would be left unattended.

 

Jinyoung was standing at his station at the right side of the hall at the very back, quietly listening at the speaker at the stage too. He roams his eyes around checking if there's something wrong, but as his eyes landed on the far side on the left aisle, he indeed, thinks there's seriously something wrong going on right now.

 

His eyebrows start furrowing as he pursed his lips into a thin line while watching them.

 

'Isn't it duty hours?"

 

He thought as he saw the junior rep standing beside the younger's chair. They keep on chit chatting on their own, whispering and leaning to each other's ears while giggling and chuckling as if they are on their own world.

 

Jinyoung crossed his arms on his chest as he forced himself to just ignore them and just focus on the speaker in front. Still feeling so much annoyed for what he has saw just now.

 

Not even a minute ago, Jinyoung just found himself following them when the junior rep suddenly whispered something on the younger's ears that he immediately stood up and they both started walking outside the seminar hall.

 

"Where are you going?"

 

Junmyeon asks at his walkie talkie when he saw their president leaving his station.

 

"Comfort room."

 

Jinyoung shortly answered back, continuing his way to secretly follow them. He hides himself beside the wall when he finally saw them standing just in front of the comfort room. He couldn't hear what they are talking about but whatever it is, Jinyoung honestly feels like flipping some tables here even though there wasn't any table here as he saw how much that kid was blushing while whispering something on the taller guy's ears. He even tried so hard to stop himself from butting in when he saw the junior rep leaning closer at the younger while tip-toeing but he felt a little relieved when he only whispered something in his ears, but! That wouldn't change the fact he was still annoyed right now.

 

'What is it?! What's that?! I need to know!"

 

He thought when he saw the junior rep giving the younger a piece of paper that seems more like a picture.

 

'What the heck is that picture?!'

 

He thought and leans a little bit closer out of the wall to desperately peak, but to no avail, he really couldn't see it.

 

Jinyoung hides himself back more when he saw them finally separating, Yugyeom going back inside the seminar hall while the junior rep was left there still smiling and giggling on his own that Jinyoung couldn't help but let out a bitter scoff.

 

He finally got out from hiding, startling the junior rep out of his day dream, looking at him with that obvious horror in his eyes.

 

"J-Jinyoung hyung-si! H-How long have you been there?!"

 

"I just got out," He innocently said, giving the younger a little relief, "Why? Shouldn't I be seeing something?"

 

He asks, sounding a bit suspicious.

 

"N-None!"

 

"What're you doing here anyway? Aren't you supposed to be monitoring your station?"

 

"W-Well, I...I just wanted to take wee so I...got out for a while?"

 

He spoke with an obvious lie.

 

He honestly feels bad for lying at his president but it was better than saying he dragged the taller guy here earlier to give that picture from the photo booth when they got out for his field research, and be dead for that.

 

He took a nervous gulp when Jinyoung only smirks and slightly shakes his head. He didn't even know what that means?

 

"Sure. As you say so,"

 

The older said, walking pass him to enter the comfort room.

 

Jungkook only lets out a relief sigh for now and follows him inside too.

 

"I'm just curious about one thing,"

 

Jinyoung suddenly speaks while they were washing their hands at the sink. Jungkook hesitantly tried to look at him at mirror and when the older looks back at him he immediately lowered down his eyes and acts as if he was busy washing his hands.

 

"W-What is it, hyung?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter