Matchmaker

Stories of Baby Voldemin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Morning." Jaejoong greets the others in the locker room, cheerily making his way to his locker.

"You're really chirpy." Dara says behind her locker. "I thought you'd be really sad about leaving your baby behind."

"I am..." Jaejoong puts on his chef whites, feeling a sort of eagerness to get to work. That apron he wore two days ago while catering for the wedding doesn't compare to his uniform as the head pastry chef of Fraisier. "I just missed my kitchen too." Everyone can empathise with Jaejoong's sentiment.

"And hey, it's still early in the day." Yongin, another talented baker quips.

"I know." Jaejoong says with slight dread. "Yunho and I are having a bet on who can go longer without cracking."

"Isn't it unfair to you though." Sikyung peeks above his locker door, "We start earlier than L'Attitude. You have at least two hours more away from your baby."

"We close early too kid."

"No, he has a point." Dara nods sagely as if she's a bet commissioner. "It's only fair play if we count Changmin's waking hours. You start in the morning when he's probably sleeping. Yunho gets him for breakfast."

"And by the time you get him in the evening, he'll be tired and/or in bed. Before you know it, he's never seen you in his conscious state and soon he's forgotten you." After a brief pause, during which Jaejoong thinks of at least 34 ways to kill Taemin, Jaejoong blurts the 35th, "I will make you into a stew and serve it with the specials."

"Really? I always thought I'd taste better as a pie."

Jaejoong lets it go because he knows Taemin is being cheeky for the fun of it. "Alright kids. Let's get to work." Dara hustles everyone to work and it's a busy routine from there.

Jaejoong is quickly absorbed in the familiar chaos and sugary dough aroma. After a while, the wait staff filters in and organizes the dining area. Three hours after he arrived, Jaejoong turns the Open sign for the cafe. While the fresh pastry and coffee sells quickly in the morning rush, Jaejoong and the staff simultaneously prep for the dessert service in L'attitude next door.

Yunho should be arriving any moment now and Jaejoong thinks it's a good time for a break. So he heads to the back of the building and waits while nursing a cup of coffee. When he sees that familiar Tahoe appear around the curb, he can't help but smile. He used to ride the Tahoe every morning when Yunho used to drop him off with some of the produce from their garden and return a couple of hours later to work. But only a day and he's missing the smell of Yunho and leather during his morning commute.

But now they can't possibly leave Changmin at home or unnecessarily take him along just to drop Jaejoong in the morning. So they agreed that Jaejoong will take the train to work. It won't be for very long though. Jaejoong is not aware Yunho plans to surprise him with a car soon.

With mild excitement, Jaejoong waits for the Tahoe to park in the usual spot before the door opens and Yunho steps out. Jaejoong approaches the car to help Yunho with the herbs they picked out from their garden last night.

As he got closer he noticed Yunho looks a tad annoyed. "Hi... already missing Minnie?" Jaejoong goes for the usual kiss and feels Yunho get a little less tense, but he still doesn't reciprocate it with the usual eagerness. He finds out why a second later when Yunho opens the backseat door. "Impossible to miss him really." J

aejoong's jaw drops in horror. "Kim Heechul!" The demon leans across the car seat to wiggle his fingers in a condescending wave, smirking triumphantly at getting under Jaejoong's skin. Next to him is a car seat with a sleeping baby, their baby. "Yunho, why are they here?!"

"Beats me!" Yunho grits out, "I swear I was alone till I pulled out on the street. Next thing I know demon baby and demon Man Friday are in the backseat."

"I made sure His Infernal Lordship was secure and his sleep was undisturbed." Heechul adds with misplaced pride.

Jaejoong is obviously asking the wrong person. So he faces Heechul with barely restrained irritation. "Heechul, aren't you supposed to be watching Min at home while we pretend you're not teaching him the dark arts?"

"Can I learn the dark arts too?" Jaejoong smacks Yunho's chest to get him to focus at their current problem.

"I can't teach His Unholiness while he's sleeping. And I was hungry. So I just followed the food."

"Does he mean us as providers of food or... food?" Yunho whispers to Jaejoong, you know, to be polite. But demon hearing is sharper than that. "Don't worry. We stopped eating humans since McDonald's started. With the amount of junk food in your systems, the Ministry of Evil Health passed a blanket rule banning eating humans."

"That's oddly relieving." Jaejoong mutters. Changmin is beginning to squirm now, indicating he's going to wake up soon. "We should go inside now." Jaejoong gets Changmin out of the car just when he opens his eyes. Changmin looks at Jaejoong for a couple of seconds, closes his eyes, and curls up against his daddy's chest. And that's the moment Jaejoong cracked. "This way Heechul."

Yunho would have gotten annoyed or could have tried to reason with Jaejoong. But instead he's smug about winning the bet.

~~~

Jaejoong shows Heechul to a private table in the cafe and a plate of muffins. He knows Heechul is on a sweet ban for a week. But he can't seem to care when his cute little baby is in his arms.

"You do know I won." Yunho tells the guy by his locker gazing with twinkling eyes at a baby demon king.

"You can have a Harry Potter marathon this weekend. I don't care." Jaejoong kisses that tiny hand that's on his chin. Yunho peeks around the empty locker room, knowing the staff will be here soon. So he has to make it quick. "Do we send Heechul back after he's done or after lunch?"

"Can't they stay?" Yunho expected that. So he ties his apron silently while Jaejoong continues. "It's not a bad thing to have Changmin close. Fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter