Milestones-2

Stories of Baby Voldemin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ga~ ga~"

"looks like he's enjoying bug duty." Yunho chuckles when Changmin wiggles on his while swinging the fly swatter pointlessly. Somehow, he's managed to get all dirty in the grass and mud as soon as he woke up.

"You make sure he doesn't come anywhere near the tools." Jaejoong says for the eighth time while he cuts sprigs of mint.

"Why don't we just take him inside?"

"We tried. He cried. Ever since he's been crawling, he just wants to go everywhere."

"Imagine what a handful he'll be when he starts walking." Yunho hears a particularly loud snip and he hopes Jaejoong didn't just cut more of their plant than he should. He knows what's got Jaejoong so irritable and it's kind of cute how eager he is for Changmin's milestones. "All in good time love."

"Heechul can teach him magic already. And we can't even persuade him to walk."

"Hey! In terms of awesomeness magic is top priority. And Magic rhymes with Changmin."

"No it doesn't. It doesn't even make sense."

"Does too!"

"Nuh-uh!"

While they banter Yunho notices Changmin abruptly drop the fly swatter when something else caught his attention. Yunho can't help but frown when Changmin is trembling with excitement looking at something in the grass like when food is in front of him. And when his hand grabs whatever that is in the grass, every muscle in Yunho's body stirs.

To his horror Changmin lifts his hand holding a long, icky, writhing earthworm, possibly mistaking it for a noodle. And the path of his hand is leading to his open mouth.

Yunho, who had jerked into ready position as soon as he saw that wriggly noodle in his son's hand, dashes to Changmin on all fours, his legs getting entangled in themselves.

Jaejoong, with his back to Changmin, is surprised by Yunho's sudden movement. "What happened-"

"Nooooooo~!"

"Ah~ay~!" It was Changmin's surprised squeak that made Jaejoong drop everything and finally see what's going on and the carnage at the end. Out of context, it does seem disastrous.

Changmin has somehow rolled away a couple of steps from where he was sitting earlier. He's clearly surprised, flailing like a turtle on its back. Yunho has mysteriously and magnificently spilled on the grass with a face full of dirt, groaning about his face getting literally dragged in the mud. His right hand is oddly elevated from his elbow, holding something in his fingers. Jaejoong has to squint to make out what that is.

"Is that a worm?"

Yunho suddenly remembers that he is indeed holding a worm he stole from his son who was about to eat it. And he also remembers his blood curdling fear of creepy crawlies.

"GAAAAAAH! GET IT OFF ME! GET IT OOOOFFFF!" Yunho shrieks, rolling around horrified and even knocks Changmin, who has managed to sit up and tred to crawl to his father, on his diaper clad , sending him rolling around the grass again.

Jaejoong watches Yunho blankly, not moving to help except yelling, "You're holding the effing worm, idiot!"

~~~

Yunho's hand pauses every time he hears Hojun stifles a snort, chuckle, or snigger next to him. It's like his about-to-be-replaced-as-best-friend best friend thinks his face being skinned and cut is funny. Well what's not funny is using your face to practically like brakes to a headfirst tumble to stop your baby from eating a worm. Everyone else gets it. They were all pitying him and asking him if he's hurt badly. Sure they didn't buy his excuse that he had an accident while shaving. But that's just because Jaejoong told them what happened so they won't be surprised by the state of Yunho's face when he arrives later. And they were concerned like normal people while Hojun has been barely masking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter